I need some Viper blue paint - any ideas?

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm told touch up paint from Dodge is not kept over 3 years so I can't get any
crying.gif
I need some 97 blue paint for 2 small areas - rock chip on hood (1/4") and a nice scrape on the bottom of the front facia (2") Anyone have a spare they want to sell? Maybe mix some up at a body shop? but the colors never seem to match on a mix
frown.gif
All I need is one single drop of paint (not exaggerating) any ideas?

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a brand new bottle (only used 2 drops) somewhere from my first 1997 viper GTS. I will try to find it.

I work in Miami part of the time and in the near future will be going down to look at 1996 blue gts that is for sale.

Since I am getting another blue gts, I cant give you the whole bottle, but if you have a container, I will give you half the bottle, when I rumble through Palm Beach.

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend who owns a 'Chips-Away' franchise and they do a top job on chips, dings, and scratches. I know that most of the exotic dealers use him and when he is done, you can not tell where the repair is done....I used him for a ding on my wifes ALL-ROAD, You can not see where he repiared,I can not imagine that I could have done it with a touch up bottle???

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I bought some less than a year ago and as I remember the dealer had to have it shipped in from a D/C warehouse. Might want to check JonB and Chuck Tator before you give up.</FONT f>

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, all sorts of options available to ya, if none work out, I can get it up here from a Cdn Dodge Parts Depot, and for some strange reason a bottle is around 3 bucks, under 2 bucks for you guys? Paint Code SBE. I could mail them to you from here. On that note, anyone know if the Dodge Ram Truck of 1997 is the exact same code??

OP
OP
M

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies and offers to help. Well I spoke to JonB at PartsRack some time ago and he said Dodge throws away all the touch up paint after 3 years
confused.gif
and he has not been able to find any. I also checked with my local dealer and they said basically the same thing, no longer available.

According to the website paintscratch.com (Thanks prodiver) I can order both the blue & white. So I'm going to give that a try first.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try Wally Zahn Tower Paint. They advertise in Hemmings Motor News and have very accurate paint for all years, even old cars.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I ordered and received a bottle of "Mopar Touchup Paint... Viper GTS Blue" 2 weeks ago...got it through Palmer Dodge NORTH in Indy...paid around $5.00. Paint code is SBE and the part number (P.C.) is 4864082 as printed on the bottle, and 04864082 on the tag that came with it. If you cannot get it , call me. GOOD LUCK. 317-402-9013

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne Finch:
Since they painted the 2002 Raffle car blue, can we convince them to start the three years over again?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you are the lucky guy who bought it - man I wanted that car. Congratulations on one special ride!!! Enjoy!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni you were not the only one!

Wayne I was at CAAP when they were building your car. I have a few pictures. Let me know if you want them...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4