If cash wasn't the problem, would you give up your GTS/RT for a SRT-10?

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the market to buy a Viper ( Either trading my Corvette+cash or selling the vette to buy the Viper) and have been considering either a GTS or a SRT-10. IMO, the GTS has more of a wow factor. At a local car show, the GTS had TONS of attention and no one really seem to go crazy over the srt-10. Same thing last night. There wasn't any GTS at the car show, but there was 4 SRT-10s there and people would look at them and admire their beauty, but didn't have a crowd. I live in Buffalo, so it isn't an area used to seeing nice sports cars, especially cars like the Viper which is considered by some to be an exotic. I know the sole purpose of any sports car is to make YOU happy and is what I intend to do. When I saw the SRT-10, I thought, "wow, what a gorgeous car." But when I see my fiancé's parents neighbor with his Blue/White GTS, I don't have words to describe the car because the design is timeless IMO. When I see that GTS, the car looks like it is in a class of its own, while the SRT-10 is a **** car that looks better than the new Z06 but to me they are very similar and lack that "stare factor" when compared to the GTS. So I again ask the question....Would you give up your GTS/RT-10 for a new SRT-10? If so, would it be for a Vert? Coupe? or would it have to be the ACR?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade the GTS for an SRT, but that's because what I want is a raw, rumbly, visceral, curvy car. I put up with the heat, and skittishness, and no ABS. I've always loved the GTS look and have grown very fond of its rawness (compared to say an SRT-10 or a new Z06 or....).

If you're looking for more comfort, better brakes, more stock HP etc etc, then the SRT-10 is the better choice. All depends on what you're looking for and either way you go, you're gonna like it!

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a LOT of attention with my SRT. Maybe it's the color combo.

You must be registered for see images attach

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think several years ago the comparison was made something to the effect of choosing between an ****** pole dancer or a Victoria Secret model...

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd never give up my 02 FE...but i wouldnt mind having both :) Plus for the SRT's it just depends on the year and the color. no a typical red black or silver srt10 convertible might not draw the looks that a GTS would. but i can assure you that a White/blue stripes VOI9 or a Snake skin green/black stripes 08 or a murdered 09 ACR will get all kinds of attention.

I made a choice to get a GTS after test driving a 2002 GTS and a 2003 SRT10 back to back on day. I like the GTS interior better, they both drove great IMO and they both looked great IMO, i just like being in the GTS coupe more than the SRT10 Convertible...being able to go ******* just didnt do it for me.

Both is definetly the best option.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be happy with ANY Viper, however a GEN4 ACR would have to trump the others.

Bruce

Chinook47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way!! I actually had my GTS down to Atlantic City Saturday night and of course the Valet guys wave me over to park right out front behind a bentley GT and ferrari 360.
When I was getting ready to leave the Valet guy said that he had way more people asking him if it was ok to take pictures infront of my car rather then any of the others. Instant rockstar status.. hahaha :drive:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT10 Coupe maybe, SRT10 vert, no thanks. I chose getting a GTS over a SRT10 vert when I was shopping, I considered it due to similar pricing.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Gen I, II, and III RTs/SRTs, never a GTS since I like to be able to drop the top; however, I agree that the lines of a GTS are amongst the best of any car - Blue w/White stripes is a real eye catcher! And the original Viper lines are still attractive to me and that is what I am looking for now, a Red '94 or '95.

By the way, my Uncle has a Red '95 in Buffalo - bought it new and still drives it quite a bit.

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT10 Coupe maybe, SRT10 vert, no thanks. I chose getting a GTS over a SRT10 vert when I was shopping, I considered it due to similar pricing.

I am in the same boat right now. It is either a SRT vert or a GTS. I really want a blue/white gts but I am having a hell of a time finding one in a decent price range. I have an offer to trade my 05 loaded vette with 25k on it plus 5 grand for a 97 gts with 30k on it. I am not sure if it is a great deal or not but I know one thing...it isn't the blue/white one :(. I am considering this deal because I am growing impatient of waiting for a Viper but at the same time I don't want to pull the trigger and find a good deal on a SRT or a deal on a blue/white gts (like that one that went for 30 grand on ebay!) Hopefully a good deal on a blue/white pops up soon...

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Gen I, II, and III RTs/SRTs, never a GTS since I like to be able to drop the top; however, I agree that the lines of a GTS are amongst the best of any car - Blue w/White stripes is a real eye catcher! And the original Viper lines are still attractive to me and that is what I am looking for now, a Red '94 or '95.

By the way, my Uncle has a Red '95 in Buffalo - bought it new and still drives it quite a bit.

It would be a small world if your Uncle lived in Cheektowaga. The guy there lives right by my fiances parents also and has a red Viper Rt-10 1st gen, but the thing barely sees the light of day, unlike the guy with the blue/white gts who uses it for a DD and leaves it outside 24/7. The guy with the red rt-10 always has it in the garage in his beautiful house.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of the great things I've always thought is that the GTS or RT/10s you know what they are a mile away. The SRTs not so much. An oncoming SRT will stand out but it takes awhile to figure out what it is. They lost some of the mean bite that the GTSs and RT/10s have. I don't think there's another car out there that I'd give up my GTS for, it IS my dream car.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If cash wasn't an issue i'd have one from every model year. '92-present. However sticking to the question at hand i'd keep my RT. I love the look of that car.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be a small world if your Uncle lived in Cheektowaga. The guy there lives right by my fiances parents also and has a red Viper Rt-10 1st gen, but the thing barely sees the light of day, unlike the guy with the blue/white gts who uses it for a DD and leaves it outside 24/7. The guy with the red rt-10 always has it in the garage in his beautiful house.

He used to live in Cheektowaga - now lives on N. Forest...I think that is still Buffalo. He also has a Blue '33 Plymouth Street Rod and Orange '70 Hemi Challenger, along with about 5 other various Mopars.

Good luck on your Viper quest and you will not regret the purchase!

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands down the GTS is the best looking. IMO the clam shell hood along is what everyone talks about in a car show. See pic for you to compare. :headbang:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 93

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as you say IF cash wasn't the problem, I would keep my Creampuff GTS, mabie spend a few bucks on some mods and then buy the Latest ACR, I like the mean looking black ones with that red thin stripe.

Sorry to say the standard srt's dont do it for me :(

Mark
:uk:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a LOT of attention with my SRT. Maybe it's the color combo.

Yea, but id rather rather people be attracted to my car's Body over the color of its skin:)

Many of yall get all caught up with these gimmicky colors of the gen3/4's; snakeskingreen, venomred, yadayadayada.
I see right thru that crap. Its the same body that was introduced back in 02 that the majority of us disapproved of.

Im not completely anti-gen3/4 though. Its still a Great car with a Great Look. My GTS could never be replaced with a gen3/4 but i would like to someday have both.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not chance but i have been thru heck getting this car to where it is now.

the GTS is the best body style ever, but it is getting old now. the SRT is growing on me and by the time i like enough to buy one, i'll be able to afford both.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had both for a while. Eventually sold the RT/10. While I loved its looks the SRT/10 is simply a better car; more power, better handling, better brakes, better ride, and it doesn't leak. Now I have an SC 06 coupe and an 08 Vert. I'd trade the 06 on a new ACR in a heartbeat if I wasn't losing my job.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO, I would not give up my GTS for any SRT10.

Now adding an SRT10 to the collection is another story. :lmao:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put one of each in your garage and sell videos!!!!

The B/W GTS IS the "icon". The Gen4 ACR IS the "bad a$$" or Batmobile...

On the back roads behind closed doors as well as pulling up to a bachelor party you will have more fun driving the "****** pole dancer". If you have to accommodate the needs of a/your "Victoria Secret Model" then get the Gen3/4 - WAY more refined but not near the FUN to DRIVE!!!!

...Take the above for what ever hidden meaning you want, it's pretty much the same, car, woman, kind of want to do the same things to them....

I think several years ago the comparison was made something to the effect of choosing between an ****** pole dancer or a Victoria Secret model...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't decide. I love them both.

TOO_BLUE_003.jpg

(The comparison between the pole dancer and VS model is perfect...

and true...)

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You asked this question on the RT/10 GTS forum so I think your polling is going to be a little slanted from the start. That said I love the looks of my Gen II RT/10 with the top off, sorry GTS guys I know most of us have deemed that car the beauty queen, I happen to like my queen with the top off! :2tu:

Agreed! Poledancer vs model - perfect description!

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Gen 1 or 2 for a Gen 3. Maybe for a Gen 4 coupe.

Gen 3's are not going to hold up well on resale in the long run. Not much price difference on Gen 2 and Gen 3 now.