If you've ever wondered about 06 production #s by color, etc

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you\'ve ever wondered about 06 production #s by color, etc

The current issue of Viper magazine has 3 pages dedicated. Very interesting since we've all seen several posts on this. Every color/stripe/wheel combo detailed. Interesting that 0 copperhead / silver coupes were ever built, although available... Final count was 1,869 (752 roadsters and 1,117 coupes) Total, combined colors: 512 blue, 465 red, 520 black, 77 yellow, 51 copperhead, 144 slate, 100 white..

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: If you\'ve ever wondered about 06 production #s by color, etc

But has DCX ever given us the 2005 numbers?

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not so interesting that zero Copperheads were built in 2006 - all 300 Copperheads built were 2005 models. Yes, not all sold in 2005, but all 51 '06 models in "copper" color are not "Copperheads".

(Sorry - I have to justify the extra bucks I spent on my Copperhead)...

Ron

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So that means that there were only 351 Cars built in the Copperhead Orange color. But.....

All of the 06's were coupes.

So there truly were only 300 of our cars built....

John

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, if you've got an '05 Copperhead - obviously only a 'vert (and the ONLY Viper officially called "Copperhead"), then you've got the only stock Viper with the (considerably lighter) 5 spoke "Sidewinder" wheels, custom mats, seat, console and steering wheel stitching, and the "Copperhead" number plaque ("X of 300").

Ron

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: If you\'ve ever wondered about 06 production %r3s by color, etc

It is funny that you point that out. I have had the magazine on my coffee table for a few days and would not have even known this. I already browsed it and still missed that article. Very interesting info!

lABrit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting, did it state how many of the blue 06's were verts? Most seem to think only 80, though with numbers like that i would think more.

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting, did it state how many of the blue 06's were verts? Most seem to think only 80, though with numbers like that i would think more.

There were 83 blue verts made with the 10-spoke wheels. There were also 4 of them with the H-wheels and 1 with silver stripes with the 10-spokes that went to other countries.

Now here is a question that I would like to know. Who has the other copper with black stripes coupe with H-wheels besides me? :headbang:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There were 83 blue verts made with the 10-spoke wheels. There were also 4 of them with the H-wheels and 1 with silver stripes with the 10-spokes that went to other countries.

Now here is a question that I would like to know. Who has the other copper with black stripes coupe with H-wheels besides me? :headbang:

Real question is has anyone bothered to buy it yet. Could add stripes to this one.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...mp;cardist=1157

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Keep in mind this number is supposed to represent the total, including prototypes, test mules, and vehicles that went to Canada or elsewhere. US production and actual sales to US customers is actually less still. :2tu:

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Anyone have a pic of red w/ black stripes? Only 15 verts and just 3 coupes were made w/ this color combo. Of coupes, zero had 10 spoke, two had 5 spoke and only one had H-spoke... I'd like that 1 w/ H-spoke, please... :)

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to change the subject entirely but how come they can release such extensive 2006 #s and not 2005? Or 2003/2004 for that matter?

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to still be confused on the copperhead question. But the 05 copperhead then had a special interior package along with the wheels and the 06s are just a color option in the copper color? What years were the actual official copperhead Vipers made and how many were made and were they all verts?

It's intersting that Dodge is building so may special Vipers that we have a hard time keeping up with them all? Dodge really deserves a lot of credit for innovation and trying to cater to their Viper customer base IMHO.

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to still be confused on the copperhead question. But the 05 copperhead then had a special interior package along with the wheels and the 06s are just a color option in the copper color? What years were the actual official copperhead Vipers made and how many were made and were they all verts?

It looks like you answered your own question. The Copperhead edition was only made in 05 and was only a convertible. They have orange stitching on the seats, the shift knob,the steering wheel, and the floor mats. There is also a plaque on the center console to tell you which number out of 300 that you had. They were the only car to come from the factory with the sidewinder wheels.

For '06, the copperhead color was available only on coupes and they are not considered Copperhead edition vipers. The coupes do not have a special interior and they did not come with sidewinder wheels. The coupes however could be ordered with optional black or silver stripes and three different wheel choices. There were however none ordered with silver stripes.

I hope this helps with any of the questions you had with the differences between the '05 Copperhead edition and the '06 Copperhead colored coupe.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fastfang it seems as u've had one snake with the sidewinder wheels and one with the h rims. Could u really notice any diference in performance with the lighter sidewinders? i prefer the look of the H rims but people always mention the weight savings of the sidewinders .. could u tell the diference?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I noticed a huge difference between the 10 spoke and the SRT-Sidewinders ! Especially with regard to turn in feel and suspension compliance.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anybody have a picture of the sidewinder wheels?

I think my confusion stems from the fact I thought a copperhead edition was also offered in 2004, then the color was offered as an option in 06 and people have mistakenly referred to them as copperhead editions. Thanks for the clarification.

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FastFang,

I saw an Orange 06 coupe with Black Stripes in Dayton Ohio - can not remember if it had the H wheels but I can check for you tomorrow - I know the Viper Tech who is tuning it for him. I do know that they took the car right off the show room floor, drove it 800 miles to a track down south and raced it, then came back to Ohio. As I remember it turned some extremely quick times. They were stunned because the gentlemans old Viper was a 2001 Sapphire Blue Coupe with a Super Charger and as I recall the 2006 was not too darn much slower.....

I'll find out.

Regards,

John

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The current issue of Viper magazine has 3 pages dedicated. Very interesting since we've all seen several posts on this. Every color/stripe/wheel combo detailed. Interesting that 0 copperhead / silver coupes were ever built, although available... Final count was 1,869 (752 roadsters and 1,117 coupes) Total, combined colors: 512 blue, 465 red, 520 black, 77 yellow, 51 copperhead, 144 slate, 100 white..

Interesting info., can't remeber the last time I saw this type of info in VQ? The 3 special additon coupes are over 30% of the total coupes US sold? Blue/silver and Red/silver have lower builds than blue/white, red/white?

Bill P told me my totalled red/silver/5 spoke was 1 of 7. Now the replacement he sold me is 1 of 6 left.

Between coupes and verts built for the US, there are 20 combo's that have 5 or less built!! Intersting info!

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stray Cat,

Bill Pemberton sent me a message that he sold the other one to someone in the Kansas City region, so you don't have to check. Thanks for going to do so anyway and thanks again Bill.

Wallbanger,

I am sure that there is a difference with the weight savings with the sidewinder wheels. However, I have 3.55 gears and other mods on my '06 coupe where my '05 was stock and I can't compare them both.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Les Quam here is sidewinder pic
wheels.jpg

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fastfang it seems as u've had one snake with the sidewinder wheels and one with the h rims. Could u really notice any diference in performance with the lighter sidewinders? i prefer the look of the H rims but people always mention the weight savings of the sidewinders .. could u tell the diference?

I saved 34 lbs total weight when I switched from '03 stock wheels to sidewinders

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score

slate w/ silver stripe verts:
10 spoke: zero
5 spoke: 8
H spoke: 3
Total: 11