I'm never taking my viper to a resturant again!!! Some a** spit on it!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I\'m never taking my viper to a resturant again!!! Some a** spit on it!

I can't take that dang Viper anywhere without it being vandalized in some way or another! I go into Carabba's and I park my Viper normal. I come out and some red neck Alabama person decides to spit on it right across the hood! (It was done while I was eating) I'm so sick of having something nice that I worked hard for and have people do things like that!
I'm always polite to people who come up to the viper and want to look at it or sit in it. I would love to catch that **** that spit on my car and do a couple of burn outs on his small b*lls with my 335's! GRRRRR! I'm sooo mad! Sometimes I feel it's not worth the aggrevation to have the Viper if I can't take it anywhere. i have to stop thinking about this because the more I think about it, the madder I get! Grrrr AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m never taking my viper to a resturant again!!! Some a** spit on it!

I've had similar problems with birds.

Don't worry Adam, in the end God always evens things out.

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

think of it this way.....you can drive away knowing you have one of the finest cars known to man, and he has to walk away knowing he'll never ever be able to own one. he's probably some uneducated kid that tried to impress someone....twice as uneducated. he'll get what's due to him. i firmly believe ... what goes around, comes around. anyways, that's one of the reasons the wife doesn't like my car, she knows better than to ask me to stop at any restaurant or shopping mall. i'd say maybe 3% of all the thousands of comments made about the car were negative. couple days ago some guy gave me the finger as i was passing him on the x-way and you know what? i smiled and then felt sorry for him....then realizing that i didn't even think of getting angry or returning the gesture it made me feel great the entire day. it's a very intimidating car....you've got to expect those kinds of things. always...always remember...the key word is...enjoy.

Rick

painexpert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rick,you have the right attitude!!ab,you just have to be careful where you drive the car.It comes with the territory.There is always going to be some A-hole who is a jealous,uneducated **** trying to make him/herself feel better by degrading your property.My mother just bought a Mercedes S500 and only after 3-4 days came out of a mall and had a scratch(key)along the entire length of her car.She was very,very upset!But as I said before,you have to be careful where you take the car.Believe me,I know how you feel.Good luck!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Adam,
Ok now, take a deep breath....and relax;)
Laura

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We all know how you feel Adam. I've been fortunate that none of my incidents have caused any damage, the worst (that I know of) being some **** propping his butt on my hood. Just last night, as I was refueling somebody drove by and yelled "Vipers ****." I always pretend not to hear them or smile and wave as if they were saying "Vipers rule!" For every bad comment there must be dozens of positive.

When I was young and broke and I would see people with nice cars and homes, I would think to myself "How can I get one of those?" I guess in my case, jealousy was a motivator for me to build myself up rather than tear other people down.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know exactly how you feel. That is why I NEVER take a nice car ANYWHERE unless I can see it the entire time. I catch a lot of crap from my buddies about not driving my cars much but that is the choice I have made.

Sorry it had to happen to you. Do you remember when Laura had her Viper spit on while she was in the car?

PEOPLE ****!!!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Per Normam: --- <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>PEOPLE ****!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everybody but you and me, Norman, but I ain't too sure about me. hehe

One day I was getting gas and some grumpy old man and his 10 year old son were getting gas too, and the man said real loud, my car was junk and wasn't near as good looking in person than in pictures. All the while the son was spellbound for the whole time and watched me leave until I was out of sight. I ignored the comment. At least the son didn't inherit his father's "idiot" gene. Some people do ****.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had some animal back into my car, scrap the front bumper then try to wipe it off with a spit laden paw (the lower extremity on her arm was too beefy to be called a hand).

This was the ultimate test of restraint. Had this been precipitated by a male, no doubt what would have ensued.

I was upset, but ultimately decided I couldn't let the scumbags win. I'm going to drive my car and whatever happens, I'll work it out and my car will always be perfect. When you drive the car (and let's face it, it's criminal not to) things are going to happen.

There will always be ignorant, jealous, low-life, inconsiderate, ****-bag, degenerate people out there. Think of it this way, they make our stars shine even brighter.

Godspeed ......

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know what Adam, at least it is not a permanent act of jealousy, nothing a little soap and water can't cure. Would you like me to fly down with my cape that has the "Z" on it, and my "magic bag" of Zaino products and clean it up for you??
laugh.gif
Or perhaps you would prefer to find the POS who did it, and have him personally lick it off???
You know I have been there, as Norman so nicely reminded me
crying.gif
But even worse, if you recall, I was in the car, and just couldn't believe my eyes. It's a shame that some people have to be like that. They are most likely miserable individuals who are so very unhappy within their own lives, and the only way they can make themselves feel as though they have any value, is by degrading other people and/or other's property. You just continue to enjoy your car as you choose to, take it where you want, when you want. Don't let the act of one or two obnoxious individuals cause you to generalize. I would think, that you could agree, that most people respect your property, and are positive with their reactions to the car. Have a wonderful day! SMILE!!!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Laura,

If I saw you driving down the street, I would be blowing kisses at you or my jaw would be touching the ground. I know I wouldn't be spitting at your car. hahaha

BTW, that was intended to be a complement. haha
tongue.gif

Reaction score

Hi Adam, don't feel bad. I totally disagree with what laura was saying of people. I find that the majority of people are jealouse in there own little ways. And not only in the United Sates, but all over. A little story. Lst year i was in Greece riding my 99 road king. So I take my wife out at night and meet up with another friend of mine who has a HARLEY ALSO. We get to the strip there by the beach, there is this cafe, so we park are rides. We are hanging out and a bunch of teenagers with there girlfriends start checking the bikes out, they don't know who owns them, but they look at the NY plates. So as i understand greek, i hear one of the kids say that he is going to key my paint job, thos M***er F'ing americans"___ Well, I stand by him, infact right up to him..Now i am about 225, 5-10..built like a house.. I took him in a head lock, looked his girlfriend in the eyes, and asked her in greek..How much do you love your sweetie baby..My wife is laughing now)
smile.gif
my friends are dying from laughing.. So, she goes please don't hurt him..I said don't worry, i won't..I grab him, look him in the eyes...reach over to the table and pick up my wifes choc cake..I shoved it in his fce, and told him to take a walk..
smile.gif
)he started crying in front of all his friends..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In life, you can't let the rednecks of the world determine or
dictate how you enjoy the things you have!!
Take a deep breath tell your self NBFD and move on.
I drive and park mine everywhere, and wouldn't have
it any other way. Mall parking lots,grocery stores, and yes even Valets!!! Drive it enjoy it and don't sweat the small
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont you guys leave the viper in the garage till sunday so no one does anything to it.I know I do the same thing drive it everyday.Heres my way to treat a powerful car.
1)keep the car in garage till sunday or a bright day.
2)if going somewere park it in the spot as soon as you pull in.
3)KEEP IT AWAY FROM DIRTY THINGS!!!

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wayne,

I think my people ran into yours. I don't think they will be coming back to CA any time soon (if ever). hahaha I hope you weren't too attached to them. &lt;grin&gt;

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I took my 2001 yellow RT/10 with 1500 miles on it to a charity auction for children with cancer!!! www.carlysclub.org (great cause) anyhow many local celebs were there with the mercedes and porsche.. so i am like this is only a car.. i will valet it like everyone else.. so i did and they parked it right out front.. i checked on it a few times and it was fine.... 2 days later laying flat on my back on the garage floor (Zanoing it) i notice a 4 inch scratch cause probably by the kid valet coming too close to the concrete stop blocks.. at first i was pissed!!! but then i just broke out the yellow touch up realized no one can see it usless laying flat on their back. And just thought at least i am health, my family is healthy and althought the greatest car on earth still just a car!!! and I try to forget about but probably wont valet again!!
smile.gif

p.s. i will now drive around the block before going into the garage had a 17year old kid follow me home and ask for a ride as he was standing behind my car when i went to get out!! scared the daylights out of me!!!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Well, I feel better..I wasn't sure if it was just me..(chuck..shut it! hehe! I know the comment you were going to make!)

I just have to remember it's just a car..but a special car. This kind of reminds me of the Jim Carey movie where his next door neighbor's dog takes a # 2 in his yard and Jim finally gets sick of it and he goes and takes a #2 in his neighbors yard. hehe! Maybe that's what i should do if I knew who this guy was.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very sorry to hear of your incident. No doubt I would have been just as upset, but I would also shrug it off and move on. Realize that there will ALWAYS be folks out there that can't appreciate some of these things or the work it took many of us to acquire them. He (or she) probably felt that spitting on your car made you more equal to him or her. Unfortunately, they don't realize that they have not improved their lot in life, they have just dug themselves in a little deeper. After all, I would gladly take a Viper with a fresh coat of spit over a rusted out 1972 Ford F-100 any day...

As to the aggravation and worry about not being able to take it anywhere, don't let it bother you. Those people that choose to "hide" their cars (don't drive 'em) face the same risk as anybody else. Lets face it, NOTHING is predictable besides the Chicago Cubs and their World Series chances (yes, I am a Cubs fan). I have put almost 15,000 INCREDIBLE miles on my Viper, yet my very first trip home with it was one of my worst encounters with an idiot. We were literally a few blocks from my house and this guy took his jacked up off-road Suburban and rode within a few feet off my bumper at 45 mph. He kept revving his engine and coming within inches of hitting me. I was trapped with cars on every side and a curbed median on my left. My wife pulled up next to him (she had followed me home from Detroit where we picked it up at CAAP) and honked her horn. He turned to her and flipped she and my young son the bird. Ironically, we saw this SAME guy on the SAME street doing the SAME thing to an old couple in a Mercedes a few months later (this time we got his plate number). Since that time, I have had very few bad encounters and 99.9% GREAT encounters. The point is that you can never predict when something might happen and to live in fear instead of enjoying your car is rather pointless, at least to me.

That said, I will tell you how I drive and park my car without a whole lot of worry:

#1 - Always remember it is a CAR and nothing more. Oh sure, you know I think it is the greatest car ever made, but you have to put it into perspective. It is a thing which can be fixed if it is broken or vandalized. It can be cleaned if it gets spit on. Think of the good fortune you have had to own such a car. There are many that don't share that good fortune, including your friend with the excess saliva. People react in different ways, so embrace them, endure them, and move on.

#2 (This will sound like my mom) - Show others the same respect that you want to be shown to you. When I go anywhere, be it the track, car show, drag strip, or just the local gas station, I usually walk away from my car as soon as it is parked and settled. I walk over to look at other people's cars and compliment them. Never forget that these people take just as much pride in their ride as you do in yours. Just because somebody owns a 1986 CRX in primer doesn't mean you can't compliment him on his engine work that he has obviously worked hard to do. They are no better or worse than you. Every time I race somebody at the drag strip, I always go and chat with them, win, lose, or draw. I always find something to compliment them on with their car, because I know they appreciate it as much as I do. I went to the gas station the other day and there was a nice, but slightly rough 1969 Vette getting fuel. He didn't see what I pulled up in (the GTS) and I didn't make a show of it. I went over and talked about what a great car he had and how much I liked that body style. We chatted for a while and he was obviously happy with the compliments. When he was leaving he saw what I was driving. He immediately stopped and said, "Wow! A REAL car guy!" Who knows, he may have been a spitter otherwise.

#3 - Park in the least desirable area of the parking lot, but preferably where the car can be seen. As a slightly chubby fellow myself, I am not crazy about the long walks. However, I know that my car is probably safe because nobody else will want to park there anyway. Take up two spots in a "prime" area, and all bets are off. Park in a handicapped spot but you are not handicapped (seen this before), and you deserve whatever happens. Show them you are willing to compromise a bit to keep your car safe. Most people appreciate it. By having it within eyesight (even if they aren't your eyes), it will discourage people from messing with your car if they can be seen doing it.

#4 - SMILE! When you drive a Viper you will have many people looking at you and judging you upon first impressions. Chances are pretty good you are enjoying your car, so don't be afraid to show it. It is very easy to look at someone driving an exotic and think one of two things: "Gee, that guy (or gal) must have a blast with that car!" or, upon seeing your frown and nose in the air, "Gee, that guy (or gal) sure is a snot - what a waste."

Whew! Didn't mean to get off on a rant here, but I really hope that everyone can enjoy their cars as much as I do with mine. I keep a small bottle of Zaino and a cloth by the spare tire just in case. The car WILL get handprints, the car WILL get some small scratches, and the car just might even get a bird or people dropping. That's life. Clean it up, remind yourself just how lucky you really are to begin with, and move on. You will find yourself enjoying life (and your car) much, much more.

This is Daddy Chris, signing off.
laugh.gif

jim93rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont feel so bad about things you cant control,at least yours washes off. I had a Homer Simpson kind of day, the car was all clean and shiney but the BIG DOPE behind the wheel backed into the side of the garage and crushed the side sill, so instead of cruising I spent all day playing tin knocker. argggggggg dahhhhh. So if anybody has a red right side early side sill for sale let me know ( try saying that three times fast) bye

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Sean,
Yes driving on Long Island can sometimes be a challenge, as well as the people who are driving on Long Island
laugh.gif
You did mention one of what I would consider, the worst roadways, the Southern State!! A very deadly road indeed. But like Wayne says, enjoy your ride, and don't sweat the small stuff.

Jim,
Ouch!!! Sounds like a bad day, but try to remember, it's just a car.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I happen upon some crude individual shouting or gesticulating,I brighten up,wave enthusiastically and smile big.The usual response is quisical as in what have I done wrong?Doesn't he understand?Is it me?Do I know him?I've also been thinking about a vanity plate "ONRPKS45" "45TALKS4ME" "ICARY45" "45 onboard" "45caried" or maybe just "45 ACP" or "S&WONBOARD" Reality dictates that I will never enter into fisticuffs.An assailant should be worried about my lawyer,and of course me if I percieve a threat to my life.Property just doesn't matter enough to evoke physical and potentialy deadly force. Bruce

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You think you guys have problems, try driving a viper in the bronx! I have a few business interests which take me to the bronx almost every day. unfortunately it has made owning this car unenjoyable to say the least (don't get me wrong I still love the bronx, it's been very good to me). most people use the car in front of them (and in back) as "guides" when paralleling. when you tap the other car you know to put in reverse!
I think my buddy came up with the best parking solution:
I'm going to carry 6 or so construction cones with me at all times. when I park I'm going to put them around the viper so people don't go near it. i think police line tape would work too! hahahahaha!
anyway, jealous people make me sick. I don't know what it is but when I see someone with an exclusive toy like a viper, ferrari, etc. I don't get jealous, rather, I get pumped up. pumped up in the sense that I want to achieve even more than I have already, in a way I want to be in that persons position, be able to buy or do whatever I want. also, I want to know their story and how they've made it in the world. Hopefully I can use some of that knowledge to better myself. that's the way I look at it.
I like the guy from new york who put the kid in the headlock. sounds like a page from my book. love it. maybe it's a NY thing?

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve, i am overly concerned about people seeing in my garage. I go to extreme lengths to keep people from knowing what is in there. My garage is fully alarmed along with the house. Too bad you can't trust anyone now days.

The other day I made a mistake. Some guy was coming over to give me a bid on some concrete work. I had one of the doors open and my wife was out in the garage with me. I see them pull up into the driveway, they stared into the garage. Then they backed up to get a better angle. I ran out and met them in the driveway but the guys son still walked up to the garage and asked my wife if he could come in. I was with his father in the back yard. Both of them had beer in their hands. Hmmmm Can you say PWT? That kind if thing is what I am trying to avoid. Out of sight, out of mind.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea Performin Norman I noticed that..... it
took my people 3 attempts to Locate your
garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Better increase your
insurance coverage or park at Chris' House!!!!!!!!!!

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's a shame when someone feels so .. whatever, that they have to commit such a hateful act. I've only had great interactions so far with the viper(knocking on wood), but not always the case.

These folks (and I believe there are very few of them) can attack any car, regardless of whether it's a great one like the viper or mercedes, or just a normal car that's well cared for.

I've always been a mustang guy; in the past 15 years I've had 4 stangs - I've had my emblems cut of, brake fluid pured all over the car (dissolved paint), wheels punctured, keyed, a beer pured in through the sunroof, I even had my fuel lines cut once, and yes I once caught a group of guys driving by & spitting on my first mustang ( a measly 12,000 car new).

People are people, you just can't understand them sometimes. Most are warm and kind, some spit on cars, hey, some are axe murderers.

dave.

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy Crap daffy

remind me never to venture in your neighborhood. Fuel lines cut?

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam....sorry to hear of the story, but in a weird way be glad that it was only spit. It is pointless to take a DNA sample from there since the family tree up there is a wreath and all related....LOL (atleast for the rednecks)

**** ignorant people....If God made everyone intelligent, there would be no stupid middleschool dropouts to cover the *** holes in our roads...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten