I'm seriously getting sick of Vipers being looked down on. Sick of it.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is for me. It is not for anyone else. I bought it for a good price and it has served its duty as a fun hobby car.

After redoing my rear shocks and replacing a fried driver's side power window I took my 98 GTS (solid silver) out of its summer hibernation (here in the desert our Viper seasons are backwards from you folks up north) and was reminded that I am just sick and tired of the disrespect my car gets from the world. In car crazy "upscale" Scottsdale it is just another "not a Ferrari or Lamborhini," women at work make fun of it, car enthusiasts online absolutely pummel it with hatred (going on and on about how the ubiquitous Corvette Z06 and ZR1 are SO much better), and don't even get me started on the disrespect shown to Vipers by the motoring press.

Once in awhile I dream of living where some of you live - where people think Vipers are cool - but then I get in MY car and DRIVE and I forget about all the haters. Just remember haters, it is MY car and it is for ME, not you.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yea screw em, I've had em all and the viper is the best bang for the buck and gets almost as much attention as a ferrari

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the same crap from my Ferarri owner buddys ect -WOW Dodge built an engine around a piece of plastic.MY reply is- your the guys (Ferrari owners )who spent close to 300 grand for your cars to get beat by my piece of plastic.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...up here a VIPER is a rarity, so we've never had the 'looked-down' upon attitude. That really *****...everyone loves their OWN car, but why put DOWN someone else's choice? I never understood that. You're right to FORGET the haters, it's not worth it!!! JUST ENJOY YOUR BEAST!!!
(Lots of times, it's jealousy, the Viper LOOKS MEAN and MUSCULAR!) ~juli

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the green happy San Francisco Bay Area and have been pleasantly surprised by how well the car has been received--even in Ferrari-land, Marin County. Lots of chicks--green and otherwise-- just eyeballing the **** lines of my gts. There have been a couple of grouches, but no worse than driving anything else. They really do, however, hate SUV's and large minivans. Now having said all that, I don't let it out of my sight in some parts of Berkeley because that might just be asking for it.

I wish people would get a life, live and let live and enjoy what they value because they like it without need to undercut what someone else has. Now, objectivity in the automotive press is bought and paid for--no joy there. I enjoy ,so called, enthusiasts who bash Vipers because they are just envious and lacking in some key departments. Quippy women simply miffed because they can't ride in your car and/or envy the self confidence it takes to stand out from the crowd. Knowing what's up has never been a group exercise. Ignore the unenlightened and love your Viper, its in a class by itself--a very unique drive.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
it may help to get up with your fellow Viper owners..

Arizona
website Ken Krieger
[email protected] 8201 W. Villa Chula Lane
Peoria AZ 85383

and go to VOI - what a blast ! 400+ Vipers
of all years/models and 800+ owners - who
appreciate the best!

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My viper gets pretty good attention where I am at. Not bias at all but the viper looks better then most Lambos. or ferrari's I 've seen and can handle most of them their a$$.

Many ferreras and lambos, M3-M6, AMG porsche around my neck of the woods too.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, first this Viper is for me and my enjoyment...not too interested in what others think.

I've owned Corvettes most of my earlier life and none hold a candle to my Viper for sheer energy and exhiliration. I've also owned Porsches and Jags and same comment.

In the end, though, its not about whether others like or even dis your Viper, as they have to go a long way to equal it. And, if you're going to compare it to big model Ferraris and such, they paid much more to buy and continue to pay much more to maintain....so, doesn't matter much to me what they think.

The Viper is still a limited production, fully hand made US high performance car...something few other high performance cars can boast, especially a Vette.

Just one person's opinion.

Peter

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! Gods and Goddess! I am still an A$$ with a really hot car! But I'll take the complements, from those that dont know any better! LOL. My attitude is love the car love the man we come or go as a package deal!
PhoeixGTS, flipem the bird out hte back window as they try to keep up!

Reaction score
In the tropical allure of South Florida, people love our Vipers. I get more stares in it than the Ferraris, Lambo's, and other classy vehicles like Rolls. The reason? There are more people driving those here and thus WE are more of an exclusive car group.

Maybe the people in 'Zona just have cooked their brains a bit with all that 100+ degree heat....

If you smile at them when you drive it, they'll soon want to join you......

:drive:

Rapid Transit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does what others think of your car bother you so much? The Viper is a world beating awesome looking car. You know it, I know it, (and I have a C6 Z06 and have much respect for the Viper), enthusiasts know it. Have some confidence in yourself. The car (any car) does not make a person. I'm sure you already knew that.

:2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, I knew a guy who said Domino's is the best pizza in the world. Nothing wrong with Domino's (Lambos, F-cars, P-cars etc.) but was sure he had never eaten really good pizza. Like with people, children & dogs know what is outstanding....kids and dogs love Vipers.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the heart of the midwest. People here are extreemly polite. They are taught not to stare. But even here I always get people looking at the car, or at least checking it out when they think no one is looking.

Came out of the store once to see two couples checking out the viper and talking excitedly about it. But when I walked up and opened the door they quickly left. People around here don't want to be seen as bothering you.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the tropical allure of South Florida, people love our Vipers. I get more stares in it than the Ferraris, Lambo's, and other classy vehicles like Rolls. The reason? There are more people driving those here and thus WE are more of an exclusive car group.

Maybe the people in 'Zona just have cooked their brains a bit with all that 100+ degree heat....

If you smile at them when you drive it, they'll soon want to join you......

:drive:

I'm in south Florida and I have a Lamborghini, Viper as well has other sports cars. From my experience the Lambo gets a lot more looks then the Viper but who really cares. I broght all my cars because I like to drive them. I could care less if other people like them or not.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come to the United Kingdom (everybody else dose):rolleyes:, I beleive there are just under a 100 Vipers in the whole of the UK :D
Theres loads of Itialian trash ;) But the Viper is the working class mans dream, every time I go out in the car theres guys and girls filming the car on there mobile phones at traffic lights, petrol stations etc. Near where I live is a supercar showroom, it currently has in stock a Bugatti Veron, loads of AMG Mercs, Lambos, a Pagini Zonder and Ferraris. Every time I blast past the showroom I get the thumbs up from people looking at the cars on the forecourt:D

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The next time someone talks **** about your Viper just ask them 1 question:

"And you drive a _____________?"

On the off-chance they're some snotty Porsche driver or whatever, just ask them:

"Does your wife know you took her car without permission?"

OR

"Cute car....does it come in Mens?"

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the way the rag mags test all the cars and the ACR wins every time, yet somehow it never comes out as the "best". That's the same logic all the Viper detractors in the other chat rooms have to work with. Pretty petty stuff for the often tested and still demonstrated best car in the world, long live the King of the Ring, Viper ACR!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, seems the raggy auto mags will somehow find a way to dis the Viper, hardly every giving it its due...but, always praising the Porsche or Vette or whatever...even the new Nissan GTS-R (?). And, it isn't that those cars aren't really good and deserve praise, but why do they always dis the Viper...seems it may be a carry over from views towards Dodge.

But, again, I could care less, having had two Porsches and a few Jags....they too have their goods and bads....still prefer to ultimate zoom of the Viper! (no I didn't say zoom, zoom)

Peter

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My main complaint about Vipers in the KC area is that you never hardly see them. I have lived here since 1986 and rarely get a chance to see one. I can count on one hand the number of vipers I have seen in the last 5 years on the streets of KC. I have to resort to pictures from this fine site to get my Viper fix until I can buy one. Come on up to North KC, I promise if I see you, you will get a big smile and thumbs up from me and my daughter.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say, who gives a s***. I feel the same way, I buy a car for me not for someone else. People that want to buy a car for someone else and to show off, can do that themselves but that is not why I purchase the cars I do.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will tell you what I love about the part of Colorado I am in. Anyone in a cool car just waves to the next guy and it doesn't much matter whether it is a Viper, Vette, Audi R8, Lambo, Mustang or Ferrari, etc. They are all happy to be alive, free and enjoying the second golden age of horsepower. The little ricers just want to race all the time, which I just let them fly on by. The Porsche, Mercedes and BMW oweners are pretty smug though. I can't even get the Porsche owners to wave to me in my Cayenne Turbo S most of the time, but everyone else is good to go.

Magazines, well, they are all about marketing and very little about the cars or trucks themselves. Like everyone else, I just buy them for the pictures. The content or write up is absolutely immaterial.

As long as I like it, that is all that matters, and I likes it!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is, most Ferrari/Lambo owners buy their cars to impress others at the Valet stand and never really DRIVE their cars like they were meant to be driven. Viper owners are a different breed. As far as car magazines, take a look at the Road & Track issues lately, the Viper and ACR are upholding the family name quite well when compared to the competition.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the green happy San Francisco Bay Area and have been pleasantly surprised by how well the car has been received--even in Ferrari-land, Marin County. Lots of chicks--green and otherwise-- just eyeballing the **** lines of my gts. There have been a couple of grouches, but no worse than driving anything else. They really do, however, hate SUV's and large minivans. Now having said all that, I don't let it out of my sight in some parts of Berkeley because that might just be asking for it.
haha... Berkeley is not so bad. I've parked it there plenty. Of course, this depends on what parts Berkeley. I get a lot of respect in the area as well. I see 10 times more ferarri's than Vipers... even saw a murci today driving across the ggb. Rarely a Viper.

But overall, the Viper is pretty hated by establishment motorheads. It was a "thinking outside of the box" car. It respected no one in making it and didn't care to stay within what a "lowly American car company" could produce. Once introduced, it was in supercar territory for what? $55k? hahhaha. It forced the exotic car makers to **** in their pants having to justify their absurd pricetag. Magazines hated it because American cars were supposed to be crap. Then when it pummeled the competition in LeMans and ALMS and just about every other race... it was the car to beat. All this without a "racing heritage" that the motorsnobs live by. And just as quickly, it withdrew from competing... going out on top. Like the quickest draw in the West, every yahoo and idiot out there wants a chance at the title.

And with the new record at the Ring... the Viper has done it again. Doing in half a day what took others week if not months or years to perfect and fine tune. The Viper broke all of their records with room to spare. And it did it without regard to finness. That just eats em up! :lmao:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
maybe its scottsdale or maybe its the color...
My 96 GTS gets plenty of attention up in peoria, I think its the blue & white...lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte