IMPORTANT NEW FACTS ABOUT YOUR VIPER ALLEY VOTE!!! PLEASE READ!!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For Everyone that has Voted on the Viper Alley poll, and for everyone that has not voted yet, please read the quote at the bottom of this post by Eric Schieve. It details some changes to the original proposal that have spawned out of necessity. In a nutshell, the post says entrance into the alley requires VCA membership. The reasoning for this change is in the quote. IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE, PLEASE MAKE A POST THAT INDICATES THAT CHANGE IN OPINION. Everyone, please continue to bump this thread so that it stays near the top of this forum. I appologize to all those who voted, this is an unfortunate change, but it still is a step in the right direction.

Sorry to bore with yet more Alley spam, but recent conversations with The Man have made it clear to me that our current proposal will not fly as is. The
sticking point is the level of restriction for entry to the site. The board is extremely concerned about keeping the Alley discrete and closed off from
minors and the only real way to ensure this is to make it VCA only. Yeah, I hear the moans and groans from many of y'all. I share the feeling. I did not
want the Alley to go that way either. Bottom line though is it's a VCA only Alley... or none at all. On the positive side, I have been told that once it's VCA only entry, we can probably enjoy more freedom in there than we were originally contemplating. In a secure site we can rumble and get wild with
less censorship.
I hate like hell to change directions with this proposal seemingly in midstream. Smacks of bait and switch, but that's not the case. This is simply an
evolving idea. I was about to the point of throwing in the towel and saying screw it - that's too much of a mutation from what we originally wanted, but a
number of Alley supporters have convinced me that it would still be worthwhile in VCA-only form. Think of it as a good first step, a toe in the door from
which we can continue to grow the concept and push for changes in the rules.

I want to be democratic about this, so I throw the idea out to the public to see how y'all take it.

Asbestos underwear on.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my vote still remains the same as a supporter for Viper alley as I hope to hell you guys finally get this.

That is all I really care to say on the subject.

Craig

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am all for it. I was concerned too about access by minors.VCA membership is a practical way to accomplish this. Its a compromise,I know, but how else are you going to do it?

Bobbo

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unbelievable...
Only in the US...

Who cares about minors having access ?
They can go to any website out there anyway. Just my 2 cents (or shall I say Euros ?)

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yves:
Unbelievable...
Only in the US...

Who cares about minors having access ?
They can go to any website out there anyway. Just my 2 cents (or shall I say Euros ?)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How true, how true. Are we not waaaay screwed up?

<FONT size="-3">First thing we do is shoot all the lawyers ... </FONT s>

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Schieve:

<FONT size="-3">First thing we do is shoot all the lawyers ... </FONT s>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>2nd!

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by garolittle:
No

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No what? You don't want to shoot all the lawyers or you don't like the new VA proposal? As I recalled you voted NO on VA to begin with so that's no change.

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that's Just Wrong, there has to be another way to do this. Why not make EVERYONE who enters the Viper Alley who is NOT a VCA Member Call The Moderator To confirm Identity that way we spend our own money for the Long-distance call and can still see Mark O's BEST PICS or Gerald's auto parts for sale Model. Cant leave out KUNGFOOLS Smack down on just about everyone. There's another way we must find it. If Not I still Vote YES and everyone have fun with it...

OP
OP
S

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by garolittle:
No

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the little in garolittle mean something?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SmokinV10,

I voted in the other thread not sure if my vote was counted... Anyway just to be sure .. I Vote YES to the VIPER ALLEY !!

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kungfool:

Sides... your not even an owner... please go crawl away and die.

We Careolittle what Garolittle says!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy cow ... you're right. Not even an owner. Well that was a waste of the 3 Milli-Watts of brainpower I spent worrying about why he didn't want VA.

'sides ... he works for the Federal Government. Talk about "The Man". EEeeeewwwwwww!

Next!

<FONT size="-3">probably DEA Fooley ... watch it!</FONT s>

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA MEMBERS ONLY?!?!?!!? funk that!!! i'm leaving !!
ok..i'm back, just needed a drink from downstairs.. what did i miss?

oh, ok.. umm... i vote for a viper alley just so that the whiners stop whining..
smile.gif
unfortunately, i have a life so i wouldnt be able to frequent the Viper Alley much anyway, regardless of the fact that i am not even a VCA member..

its good to see some of you guys in a technical forum!!

respectfully running that joke into the ground,

- eddie -

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still say okay.

but non-viper owning guys should be able to use a
adult verfy system.. like they do online to by alcohol.

if we can not do this still proceed until we can.

But i do think we should continue to find a way to allow access
to everyone over 18. For goodness sake this not a going to be a ******** alley.. just NC17

nothing that the highschool kid has not read,hear or seen before.
good luck
JIM
smile.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Why not have the regional leaders assign codes to nonowning but participating members? I'd be willing to bet Ron would verfiy both me and Sean are above 18 and we both love the cars. Age Problem solved.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
Why not have the regional leaders assign codes to nonowning but participating members? I'd be willing to bet Ron would verfiy both me and Sean are above 18 and we both love the cars. Age Problem solved.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is Bonk, the powers that be that are making these changes happen want as little participation in this as possible. By limiting entry on the basis of membership status and age (as an excuse) they have already killed this idea and they know it. It's not a matter of age or even membership, they just want to shut everyone up by saying they had their chance and an alley didn't fly. so I hope, that if the tree fort club is founded that it stays up and succeeds, just to burn the @sses of those that imposed these changes so that it pleases them.

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for voting Steve Miehe, Stout1, SRT10, Jay H and EddieN.

Jay H - I'm not sure if you're VCA or not. Please let me know.

That makes VCA +3 Yes
Non-VCA +1 Yes

Total +5 Yes

Thanks for all the comments about finding a way for the board to verify Non-VCA members. This IS important. There has to be a reasonable way to do it. With as much outrage as we're seeing on this issue, someone should be made to listen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te