Inspection sticker needed!!!!

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone in the Houston area knows how I can get an inspection sticker for my car please shoot me a PM. My car won't pass emissions test (OBD II computer) due to my cat deletes. It fails 3 categories (O2 sensors, EVAP system, and Catylist). I've been to 3 places that could "so called" hook people up for some change in the tip jug without success.

P.S. I'm not looking for solutions such as reinstalling cats or installing high flow cats. I love the sound and the ability to shoot flames at opponents. :drive:

Thanks,
Desperate Viper Owner :(

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get o2 sims

I thought these would only turn the check engine light off.

1) How do these work
2) How much do they cost?
3) Where do you get them?
4) How difficult are they to install?
5) Are you sure they will allow my car to pass the emissions test I am referring to?

Thanks...

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on my car it cleared the check engine light and made it so i could past emissions. They are easy to install they just plug in and zip tie the wires down. I got mine from Belanger for 150 they are local for me.

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on my car it cleared the check engine light and made it so i could past emissions. They are easy to install they just plug in and zip tie the wires down. I got mine from Belanger for 150 they are local for me.

Where do they plug in? Do you splice them to the original O2 sensor wires and plug them into the exhaust like the original ones? If so, I would think I would now have to drill holes in the exhaust to install them.

Thanks

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do they plug in? Do you splice them to the original O2 sensor wires and plug them into the exhaust like the original ones? If so, I would think I would now have to drill holes in the exhaust to install them.

Thanks

No drilling no splicing they just plug in. I will try to take a pic of mine and post it in the morning.

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just cruise over to San Antonio -- no emissions test. Where I go they usually don't even drive my cars.

I think about any small town 50 miles or so outside Houston will do it with no emissions testing.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just cruise over to San Antonio -- no emissions test. Where I go they usually don't even drive my cars.

I think about any small town 50 miles or so outside Houston will do it with no emissions testing.

:puppy: he would have to re-register his car there tere (<---sorry, couldn't resist :D)

Texas Department of Public Safety - Inspection Criteria for the Annual SAFETY Inspection :
Is your vehicle required to be emissions tested?

All Texas registered vehicles are required to receive an annual inspection. All inspections include a comprehensive safety inspection; however, some vehicles are required to have an emissions test in addition to the safety inspection.

Which vehicles are required to have the emissions test?

* Vehicles registered in designated counties. Designated counties include: Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Montgomery, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, Williamson and El Paso counties.

:dunno: been there done that......errr ahhhh.. been there tried that :nono: :mad: :lmao:

o2 sims the way to go

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow i had no idea there was emission testing in some parts of texas

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte