INSURANCE

HOGGG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need some new viper insurance companies to compare for 94 R/T. Time to see if my guy is in the ball park. Thanks

Scott Mitchell, Sr.
Nebraska

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allstate gave me a slow (20 yrs) and steady screwing. No claims, accidents, tickets, etc. Just kept raising my rates. Nationwide wasn't much better. Chubb lowered my premiums by nearly 50%. Gave me a chub.

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chubb? I wouldn't mind my rates getting cut in half, paying $1400/6 months now with the RT and a 93 Talon on the policy. Is that the number listed above?

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Hagerty and pay 825.00 a year. I am in New York and I can only imagine that Nebraska will be cheaper(if they write there) I have it insured as an exotic/specialty auto(I think I get 5000 miles a year) If you insure it as a daily driver the rate is considerably higher.

Hagerty . com (take out spaces)

I have also used condon and skelly in the past. They are pretty good. Get a quote there too.

www.condonskelly . com(take out space)

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using SafeCo, paying $1,173.60 a year, no moving violations, no wrecks, clean record. :mad:

I will be looking into exotic/speciality types of coverage for sure! May even try to see if Hagerty writes through any agencies around here. :shocked:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.AISinsurance.com

Their site is amazing, us it. Instant quote, You can even back out and change your address and go right back into the quote.

THese guys are a broker for all the low ball insurance guys.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
allstate here for 3100 per year just on the viper. daily driver usage. they have my other two cars and home owners too....ya'd think Id get some kind of break???

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was at $600 for 6 months.
State farm multi car and home owners discounts.
that was for awesome coverage. 500/500/500
limited/recreational use
less than 10k miles a yr

good luck
Jim

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently with State Farm, soon to switch to Chubb. If I stay with State Farm and wreck my Viper, State Farm could come back and say it's worth $25,000. With Chubb, I can declare a value on my car.

Dave Adkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before totaling my '94 Viper Progressive was charging me about $790 a year. $500 deductible. Squeaky clean driving record. 3rd vehicle, used for "pleasure", no annual mileage limitations.

After the at-fault crash, my next Viper is $1440 a year through Progressive. Still no speeding tickets, though. Interestingly, paying the premium in full in advance means that the next period's premium will go down 15% as long as my driving record does not change for the worse.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called my Ins. rep after I read these posts. I mentioned some of the Show/Exotic comments listed here and some of the prices.

Above I posted I was paying $1,173.60 a year. My agent called SafeCo and inquired. Today he called and told me I'm now at $778.00 a year, no mileage restrictions, etc... He moved me from daily driver to classic. He said SafeCo. has lifted age restrictions on classification of classic and removed mileage restrictions. :laugh: