invoice prices

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone know the dealer invoice prices for the 300C and the Jeep ltd.? Or better yet what sort of deals are there to be had with the "ambassador program" coupons?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use Edmunds or Kelly blue book to determine dealer invoice, make sure to research what incentives are also being offered. Take 1% off dealer invoice and then subtract any additional incentives. Just do it, you will never get a better deal.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knuk.....I just ordered a 300C with the coupon. List loaded was 39,200....discount with coupon 36,200. I think you will save about 3000 with the coupon.

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a great price for the 300C, that is what I am going to get. I may look into buying it in the US instead of Canada as our dollar is very good right now, but it appears that they don't adjust the car prices to reflect it!
A loaded 300C is about 43K $US here - MSRP. I am only a couple of hours from the border so it's worth the drive to save a few thousand.
thanks for the info guys

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Knuk,

We would love to assist you , but the coupon would not be accepted at any Dealership in the United States, as there is no system in place for customers outside the US. Run, do not walk, down to your favorite Dodge Dealer ( or find one that will accept the coupon ,as many Dealers do not want to use on 300Cs ) and get into this wonderful World Class car. Best of luck in your pursuit, and you will love the Hemi Hustler.Please feel free to call or email me if I can be of further help in explaining the situation.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and Viper
1-800-889-1893
[email protected]

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bill. I was told by DC Canada that the coupons are good for all cars except the SRT models. A great deal when you add in the consumer incentives that are being offered at this time.

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, here is a concern I have with vehicle pricing in Canada vs the US. Maybe you have an explanation that will help me understand it better!
Our Canadian dollar is doing much better lately but I don't see that reflected on the price of vehicles. Today I priced 3 vehicles (base model) on the Canadian and American DC web sites and found some major price concerns.
The exchange rate on Friday for the Canadian $ towards the US $ was .8386 (1.1925). I added 4% on top of this rate as that is about what banks charge a customer to change money - all calculations done on the Bank of Canada web site.
So, MSRP on a Viper in the US is $85,245 - in Canada it's $128,500. If you use the conversion mentioned above the Canadian MSRP should be $97,645.
MSRP on a 300C in the US is $33,495 - in Canada it's $44,395. Converted the MSRP in Canada should be $38,345.
And, MSRP on a Jeep Ltd. in the US is $32,100 - in Canada it's $49,845, convert and the Canadian MSRP should be $36,748.
As you can see the prices don't reflect the exchange rate - they did a year and a half ago when I bought my SRT.
Any idea why it is like this?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can't really tell why there is the discrepancy, but the issue of the coupon is that you will not be able to use it in the US, so you still have to see if a Dealer will honor in Canada , as trying to find one at a discounted price in the US will be very difficult. By the time you convert to daytime running lights , do the speedometer,and then have to worry about possible warranty issues not being covered, it is questionable why you would want to get the 300C in the US. Keep in mind, most Dealers in the USA are charging premiums for this car, so a Dealer in Canada that will accept the coupon still makes the most sense to me. You benefit in a number of ways:

1.No questionable warranty issues.
2. No shipping costs
3.No costs to convert to daytime running lights
4. No speedometer conversion, which usually affects resale later in either country.
5. Ability to finance in Canada -- so if there are any Chrysler Financial Programs in Canada you would be able to participate ( currently $1000 off in the US if you finance through Chrysler Financial, and this is in addition to the coupon )
6. Ability to get a below invoice price on a sought after car.

If it was a bigger difference I could see working at it, even though you would nto be able to buy at the coupon price in the US, but with your other costs I think it will balance out.

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No question that you are correct on all of these issues! I guess I'm just a bit pissed that they don't adjust the prices to reflect the real world. Anyway, it is a great deal to get the car at invoice so I hope to have a 300C soon.

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they only offer it to us at invoice, not 1% below. Anyway I was in yesterday and asked what my Jeep was worth on trade (bought last year) and was told a price that was a bit more than 20K less than I paid :eek:
Needless to say i won't be trading the jeep in!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have the coupon, it states 1% below invoice, and unless things are different in Canada, the Dealer actually comes out better if he uses the coupon than selling at invoice.

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All DC did was send us a letter and we were to call to get a special code to give to the dealer. I asked what the discount was and was told it was invoice price...I said that I thought it was invoice less 1%, as it is in the US, and was told no. So I guess things must be different for whatever reason...!
So out of curiosity how does the dealer come out better selling below invoice as opposed to invoice? Some sort of tax situation?