Is it true that Chrysler/Dodge Spark Plug Wires are on 6 month back order?

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen1 plug wires were on back order when my car was at Tators back in June. They came in sometime around the end of July.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GENI wires #4638758 MSRP $113.00, 10 sets in Chry. stock
GENII wires #4883365AA MSRP $101.00, 20 sets in Chry. stock
GENIII wires #5135171AA MSRP $244.00, 15 sets in Chry. stock

I have plenty in stock here! Less 20% VCA discount.:cool:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

Is the Gen III price correct? Seem out of line when compared to Gen 1/2.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DO know that we were told putting IN the GenIII wires were cumbersome, and that it's not easy to just switch out wires...maybe that is why the increased cost....they are different than GenI and GenII's....I know we will not attempt to change our own wires, been advised about that from various people...juli
*Not sure if Chuck advised us of that or not though....?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a huge jump for SRTs?! ***?!

I DO know that we were told putting IN the GenIII wires were cumbersome, and that it's not easy to just switch out wires...maybe that is why the increased cost....they are different than GenI and GenII's....I know we will not attempt to change our own wires, been advised about that from various people...juli
*Not sure if Chuck advised us of that or not though....?

I saw a thread in the SRT forum recently that it is difficult to do, but I did plenty of Gen2 changes, so I'm not yet daunted, we'll see when it gets time for it to be done...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a huge jump for SRTs?! ***?!
I saw a thread in the SRT forum recently that it is difficult to do, but I did plenty of Gen2 changes, so I'm not yet daunted, we'll see when it gets time for it to be done...

Yeah, we have not attempted to do this ourselves yet (change the wires), but we only have a bit over 5,000 miles on the car...so we can wait a bit. Let us know how it goes when you change your wires----is it as difficult as we were told? We'd appreciate feedback, whenever you do this....thanx!! ~juli~