Is it worth it to buy back my wrecked viper

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I havnt posted anything in a while and its a real bummer that this has to be my first post in so long. Friday night I wrecked my viper after attempting to swerve from hitting a big bag full of deer guts that someone left in the road. I wasnt speeding or horsing around due to 42 degree weather. Just cruising on my way home from being out with some friends. I was traveling between 45 and 50 mph when I swerved. I went to the left and then to the right but the car lost traction with the road and I went head first into a tree after hitting the tree the car spun 180 degrees and took out 4 more trees. The car is totalled but I am thankful to have walked away. The car did its job in keeping me safe. At least the car is replacable. Lives are not.

Is it worth it to buy back the car from the insurance company? The car is a 2004 SRT 10 in red with 33,000 on the odometer. What are the motor and trans worth. They both apear to be in good shape. Interior is in perfect shape except the dash and center of wheel since both bags blew. The trunk lid and both rear quarters are good along with a lot of other parts. Is it possible to make my money back on something like this? Has anyone actually bought back there car and been successful at selling all the good parts?

Thanks in advance.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would be the point of just making your money back? IMO it would depend if you are emotionally attached, the condition if you plan to repair the car, and the buy back cost.

If you can get the car at the right price why not? If your looking to just break even why even mess with it?

Happy to hear your okay though. Not too many people are that lucky.

-Tim

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at all the buy costs and labor in tearing it down or building it back up. If you don't have ready access to parts , rebuilding can be cost prohibitive. Also depending on how damaged the car is there might not be enough $ left after you deduct time and expenses to justify the project. Many people forget their time is worth money. I would take the check and close the chapter.:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think that Don Sharf, King Snake, or myself purchase a lot of the damaged Vipers. I rebuild them and I think the others are into parting them out. All depends on the damage and the buy back. You usually can buy them back and make some money without doing much. If you want to rebuild or part out it will be some work but send pics and buyback info and can let you know where you stand. All of them will treat you right.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to rebuild one but I have not purchased the right one yet to rebuild :). The ones I've picked up thus far have been a little too far gone for my interest in fixing.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its worth it IF you have the time to sell and store all the good parts plus taking it all apart as needed. A few years ago my GTS was stolen and totaled. I had the chance to buy my wreck back from the ins. company but for me it would be a real hassle to sell all the parts, shipping, packing, storing, etc. etc. If you can buy it back from them for a decent price and already have a buyer as is for a profit might be worth it. Depends on if you have the time and patience plus the room for it all.

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys and the *** guys. All *** have been responded to. Any one who wants pictures just pm me your email address. Or I can just upload them to photo bucket and then to here when I get time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi