Is the raffle close to selling out ?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all the tickets are not sold does the raffle still go on?

I ask because a few years ago I purchased a ticket at a local dealer. A month a letter with my check returned saying sorry not enough tickets were sold came.

thanks
JIM

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I presume from the material that there are 2002 tickets available?

If so, but fewer than 2002 tickets are sold, does this mean one's chances of winning improve? The rules imply not, because they state that the odds of winning are "no greater than 1 in 2002."

Questions:
(1) Is it correct that the odds cited in the rules are per ticket? (Has to be, right, otherwise why buy more than 1 ticket?)
(2) Are the rules misworded? Should they instead read "no less than 1 in 2002 per ticket"? I.e., if the odds are no greater than 1 in 2002, then they could be 1 in 200,000,000 even though there are only 2002 tickets. That makes no sense. Also, if only 1000 tickets sell, I would think my odds would be 1 in 1000 per ticket, which is greater than 1 in 2002. No?

Sorry, but I've never entered a raffle before, so maybe these are ridiculous questions.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way that the odds for one ticket would stay 1/2002 is if they put all 2002 ticket numbers in a drawing bin. Which means there is the chance that no-one would win. Since someone does win, then my assumption is that not all numbers are entered for the drawing unless there is a name attached to it. This also means that your odds also get better than 1/2002. If you buy X amount of tickes, then your odds are X times better whether it was 1/2002 or 1/xxxx.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a different note, will those who buy tickets be given some sort of notification that the form and payment was received?

Whenever you offer such a great car and add the excitement of a raffle your bound to get a lot of questions...

Sorry to add to the fray.

Jeff

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Notification?

Yes! You will receive your tickets via mail!

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, You said Santa bought a handful of raffle tickets? Is he a VCA member? What's his VCA membership number? Since he's a member have you ever asked him to pass along a VCA discount for all our members. Christmas presents for the kiddies adds up fast. With a discount I can sock the extra cash away for a present for me...Comp Coupe?

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows Santa is a VCA member. How else can he deliver presents to all those kids in one night?

Obviously, it's a GTS and coincidentally it's red, with silver ribbons...

Can anyone offer an estimate of how long the turn around time might be on the tickets? My CC hasn't been charged either. Oh OH I get it, the winner doesn't have to pay for their tickets!

Jeff

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While this is not official, I understand there are some new rules as to how the raffle tickets are to be distributed.
First dibbs go to VCA members who have previously purchased earlier year tickets from VCA. (VCA has records of these purchasers,)
In addition you must still possess these tickets and the may not have been sold to someone else. (VCA has records of these individuals)
VCA members must call into a special phone # to order, or on a special website. (VCA has records of these phone #'s and website URL's)
Upon receipt of acceptable funds, and upon verification of your VCA #, and on official website data stream, or offical flyer. (VCA has records of these submissions) a duly approved and officially numbered raffle ticket shall be mailed via US Government approved postal service to (and only to) the address given by the purchaser of said raffle ticket.
Upon receipt of said raffle ticket the receipient must carefully maintain ownership of this duly numbered ticket, and shall safeguard it from any and all potential hazards until at least Feb, 14, 2002, where upon if he/she/it is deemed by official random drawing to foster it forward in exchange for 1 unique, and never to be duplicated (at least by the factory) GTS in the fantastic color of Pearl Blue, that God intended all vipers to be painted.
Upon receipt of said unique VIPER it's new owner shall be eternally grateful that the fickle finger of fate has chosed wisely, and granted a gift of great value upon that individual.
VCA shall maintain a record of that blessed individual, and all shall rejoice in his good fortune.
laugh.gif

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking of becoming a regional VCA President? See Pauls post,
Then think twice ! Paul has been reading too many VCA documents!

Just teasing you Paul ;)

2Charmed

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the home page of this forum, the top left hand side, click the
icon that says Raffle. I have not recieved anything in the mail
either.

2charmed

Latest posts