Is there a simple mod for the gas cap?

Reaction score
I thought since I'm at the gas station every time I take the yellow beast out.
And I hate taking the gas cap off and seeing it dangling against my paint job.

Is there a holder to attach to the inside of the gas cap cover for the gas cap?

I know its easy enough to take the black plastic wire off, but after the first fill-up, with no place to put the cap, I'd leave the cap sitting on the pump at the gas station. All my other vehicles have a holder for the gas cap, so I'm use to it, any suggestions?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ther should be a Black hook for the plastic wire to hang on. Located on the gas cap door....

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EGAD!! Is it the yellow that caused you (AND ME!) to miss this? I don't remember that my '03 had one of these, although I complained about it regularly. Thus I have gone through over 4,000 miles of fill ups on this yellow '05 while balancing the cap on top of the pump handle. Glad I read this thread. And glad somebody else asked such a silly question! :2tu:

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
EGAD!! Is it the yellow that caused you (AND ME!) to miss this? I don't remember that my '03 had one of these, although I complained about it regularly. Thus I have gone through over 4,000 miles of fill ups on this yellow '05 while balancing the cap on top of the pump handle. Glad I read this thread. And glad somebody else asked such a silly question! :2tu:

I'd resent that remark, but since it solved both our problems, I'll let it slide this time.

Furthermore, there is no such thing as a silly question, only silly answers.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would have gotten a big laugh as I raced down to the garage, checked the gas cap door - and blushed twelve shades of red. I am indebted to you!

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5437Gas_cap_003-med.jpg

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up close, it looks like its attached with 3M double sided foam tape. Probably comes with it if you order from the dealer. Talk about a cheap mod!

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no choice but to come clean I found a suitable hook type fitting at Home Depot and as I went to install it I found I already had one on my 2004 SRT. I suggest others go look to see if yours have it as well.

FASTFUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was bothering me also........how can a car as fantastic as a Viper just let the cap hang there! Low and behold I took her out for a ride, and needed gas(shocker) and found my little hook!>>>>>>>>>> Put a smile on my face! I guess it's the small things sometimes.Oh ya works real well. :) :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery