IS THIS A SCAM????

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, I enquired on this 2001 GTS and this is the e-mail I received from the owner. What do you guys think? He is asking 30k for a 2001???

Hello dear buyer,

About the car, I have to tell you that it's absolutely perfect ,never had
an accident and never been repaired. It has a clean title . Is a wonderful
car. It is a pleasure to drive it and is under warranty. Is like new:)No
paintwork!No scratches!No smoking car! The car is priced to be sold very
fast! The interior leather looks great and is as new.

The car is located in USA ,Nevada in my garrage.I'm in Uk for a few months
in a business trip.I want to sell it fast because in August I will move in
Uk for 4 years.I stay here in London.

Here are the payment options accepted :

1. www.e-gold.com : I want the payment through E-gold because my company
works with E-gold.It would be great if you could make the payment in
E-gold.All my bills are paied in E-gold.Is a new method of payment.
How you can put the money in your E-gold account:

a.create an E-gold account.
b.fund it :here is the link where to find the company that exchange $ in
E-gold :
http://www.e-gold.com/unsecure/links.htm
c.after funding the E-gold account please let me know that is done.(that you
have the money in your account.

The money remain into your E-gold account .So you will not send me the money
,you will hold them.After confirming that your account is funded I will fly
next day back in USA..ONLY after we will register the car under your name
you will send me the money from your E-gold account into mine that I will
provide you that time.
FOR THIS METHOD OF PAYMENT YOU MUST SEND IN YOUR ACCOUNT 50% FROM THE TOTAL
AMOUNT.(FOR THE REST OF THE PAYMENT YOU CAN GIVE ME CASH OR BANK WIRE)

2. Direct deposit in my bank account.For this method you can send me 6000
usd.

3.Cash transfer via Western Union.www.westernunion.com. You send the money
under your name here in London,UK.This way I cannot have any access to the
monies.
After you send the money please let me know transfer details so I can check
the payment online.You must send me the (MTCN-MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL
NUMBER.SENDER'S ADDRESS).
After we will meet and register the car under your name you will have to
change the sender's name into mine so I can have access to the monies.
The amount you have to send via this method is 5000 usd.

I am sorry but you cannot see the car till I am not in USA because ethe only
pair of keys are with me here in London.
As soon as a method is accepted by you and you make the deposit I will
resreve my ticket to USA and the next day I will leave London.
If this is acceptable to you please email me so we can start the deal.If is
not ok please do not email back!

Thanks

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it is a scam, don't get screwed! The kicker is when they are in the UK and parts are else where or they will ship on their own coin. Email back and say you want to see the car with his rep. or him. If it cannot be done, forget it!

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fraudulent escrow services
Please be aware that there are criminals at large claiming to offer escrow services owned/endorsed by either e-gold Ltd or G&SR. Neither e-gold Ltd nor G&SR offer escrow services nor endorse any existing escrow service. Please perform your own due diligence before using any escrow service.

How escrow fraud works:

The victim finds the deal of a lifetime at an online auction site. Laptop computers and luxury cars seem to the most popular items.
After the victim has won the auction the seller suggests using an escrow service to act as an intermediary for the sale of the item. The seller knows that suggesting an escrow service in most cases will instill a sense of trust by the buyer.
The seller and the person operating the fraudulent escrow site are the same criminal.
The victim visits the fraudulent escrow site and signs up for their services.
The criminal emails the victim phony escrow transaction information and gives the victim detailed instructions on how to open and fund an e-gold account.
The criminal instructs the victim to send an email as soon as the e-gold account is funded.
The victim emails the criminal to let them know their new e-gold account has been funded. The criminal then creates an e-gold account and emails the account number back to the victim with instructions on how to make an e-gold spend.
The victim makes the e-gold spend and never hears from the escrow service again.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TOTAL SCAM!!!! No Doubt
There was another thread here a couple days ago regarding this type of thing. I wrote a long reply on how people where trying to scam me on a car I was selling.....
One clue on your deal...Check out the spelling and grammar....It looks to me like this person does not use English as his first language...Nothing wrong with that, but it can be a clue on where this person is from, OR NOT FROM.
Most the the people trying to scam me claimed they were from the UK. But upon further investigation most were not from there at all.
And finally "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...IT IS!!!
30k for a 01 GTS give me a break..
Please be careful ,I would hate to see you get taken...
Cheers,

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is in PERFECT condition but there is only one set of keys LOL

Hey 93 Cobra email him back tell ask him where he is in the UK as your freind is there now and can deliver the money to him directly.

See how fast he makes excuses NOT to meet your freind.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's here in Vegas, tell him I'll inspect it for ya. No keys required, just to confirm its existence.
;)
Is it the same car that SW is selling, that he found listed on Autotrader for 30k?
I know a guy from Nigeria that needs me to help him with some abandoned funds...
;)

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
check out the other thread about scams, I think this is SW's car in autotrader. And a '01 GTS in perfect cond. for $31k. c'mon lets get real.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to say guys it even sounds like Mohammed when he writes.

If anyone wants to arrange a meet I am sure we could find some people who would love to chat to him in the UK :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know a guy from Nigeria that needs me to help him with some abandoned funds...
;)

You know that guy too? :D
I thought I was the only one lucky enough to be asked to help him ;)
I should be getting my share of the money any day now......
Cant wait to get it so I can buy my new SRT/10!!!
Cheers,

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this is the same car I enquired about, for that price I would buy another one but its to good to be true

Heres heres the message:

Hi, thanks for your interest in product.
Let me tell a few things about the product condition :
The condition is great. it has only alow mileage, no techincall damage. It was well kept. As for the extras you can see them in the description.
The Product is in Like New Condition as you can see in the picture.
Why buy a new machine when you can get this machine for less.
I'm the first owner of this product and i have title in hand so, the transaction can be completed quickly.
Shipping Terms & Conditions :
The shipping address must be provided before sending the payment.
The package will only be sent after receiving the payment.
Since I am located in Europe at this precise moment I agreed with eBay to send my item for inspection.
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay Square Trade. The shipping will be sent to your address from San Jose, CA.
Payment:
The deposit amount will be sent by Western Union wire transfer.
Western Union procedures are simple, to make the transfer all you have to do is to go to any agent and make the transfer to the name and address i'll provide you .
The rest of the payment can be made by Westernunion wire transfer, Paypal, COD, bank transfer.
Here is my name and adress :
Todd Mierzwiak
Via Bronzetti 60
Padova , Italy
The Product is ready for shipment, i just need your deposit confirmation from Western Union with the transfer's details and the product will be delivered to your address. You will then receive the tracking number for the package so you can check it by yourself.
Refund:
After the product arrives, you have an 7 days period for inspection. If the product is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the product will be shipped back to San Jose, CA on seller's expence.
Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this product from very first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have a recomandation email from eBay's Square Trade be sent to you to proof my trustworthiness.
Thank you for the conceded time and I´m looking forward to your reply.
Regards
Please let me know asap if you want to buy it and let's do bussines today.
reply asap

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW,

I like how the terms VIPER, CAR, YELLOW, GTS, or any other words that would even come close to describing this "Machine" and/ or "Product" are not used.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heres heres the message:

The condition is great. it has only alow mileage, no techincall damage. It was well kept. As for the extras you can see them in the description.
I'm the first owner of this product and i have title in hand so, the transaction can be completed quickly.
The shipping address must be provided before sending the payment.
Since I am located in Europe at this precise moment I agreed with eBay to send my item for inspection.
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay Square Trade. The shipping will be sent to your address from San Jose, CA.
Payment:
Western Union procedures are simple, to make the transfer all you have to do is to go to any agent and make the transfer to the name and address i'll provide you .
The rest of the payment can be made by Westernunion wire transfer, Paypal, COD, bank transfer.
Todd Mierzwiak
Via Bronzetti 60
Padova , Italy
The Product is ready for shipment, i just need your deposit confirmation from Western Union with the transfer's details and the product will be delivered to your address. You will then receive the tracking number for the package so you can check it by yourself.
Refund:
After the product arrives, you have an 7 days period for inspection. If the product is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the product will be shipped back to San Jose, CA on seller's expence.
Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this product from very first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have a recomandation email from eBay's Square Trade be sent to you to proof my trustworthiness.
Regards
Please let me know asap if you want to buy it and let's do bussines today.
reply asap

Notice he never mentions exactly what is for sale...this "generic" type of e-mail is the same type I recieved from the people trying to "buy" my car a few months ago.
These people simply troll the internet and send off probably hundreds of e-mails to any one selling anything,and all they need is to get one "sucker" and it was worth it.
The scam tried on me was the "I have a cashiers check for over the amount you are asking" thing....
Its very tempting to go for the offer, especially when they are willing to pay "all the money" for what you are selling....sometimes even over the asking price.
I consider myself pretty careful when it comes to these type of things, and am lucky I didnt "go for it".
I always thought cashiers checks were very safe to deal with. Now I dont think I would sell anything of any value for anything but cash (not that it is always safe).
Sorry for the long winded response, but I hope I have helped others not to be taken, because I was pretty close to being taken myself.
Cheers,

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCAM? YES!!
I emailed the guy and got the same responce that Fearsuch got. With the exception that he changed the name to Kent instead of Todd.
I am not far from Padova, Italy, so I could try to get ahold of this CLOWN, but then I would really be wasting my time! :p

Check it out:
The condition is great. it has only alow mileage, no techincall damage.
It
was well kept. As for the extras you can see them in the description.
As for
the pictures these are the only i have.
I'm the first owner of this product and i have title in hand so, the
transaction can be completed quickly.
The shipping address must be provide before sending the payment.
Since I am located in Europe at this precise moment I agreed with eBay
to
send my item for inspection.
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay Square
Trade.
The shipping will be sent to your address from San Jose, CA.
Payment:
Western Union procedures are simple, to make the transfer all you have
to do
is to go to any agent and make the transfer to the name and address
i'll
provide you .
The rest of the payment can be made by Westernunion wire transfer,
Paypal,
COD, bank transfer.
Kent Kofford
Via Bronzetti 60
Padova , Italy
The Product is ready for shipment, i just need your deposit
confirmation
from Western Union with the transfer's details and the product will be
delivered to your address. You will then receive the tracking number
for the
package so you can check it by yourself.
Refund:
After the product arrives, you have an 7 days period for inspection. If
the
product is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund -
transfer
fees and the product will be shipped back to San Jose, CA on seller's
expence.
Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this product
from
very first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have a recomandation email from eBay's Square Trade be sent to
you to
proof my trustworthiness.
Regards
Please let me know asap if you want to buy it and let's do bussines
today.
reply asap

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MichaelP, that was me you spoke to earlier. It's MY car.. Is your relative from Kileen comming down?:)

SW

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MichaelP, that was me you spoke to earlier. It's MY car.. Is your relative from Kileen comming down?:)

SW

Hey SW,

Now I am REALLY confused. This thread was about a scam. 2 guys post emails they got stating the owner was in Europe and couldn't show the care unless they sent the money first.

Then you post a thread stating that you already posted this and then you give a link.

Now you say that it is a link to YOUR car. Are you saying you are the person who sent the emails posted in this link?

Do you understand my confussion?

To answer your question, is my realtive going to come see the car. I actually purchased my 2000 RT10 off of Ebay and sent all the money via Pay Pal buying the car from Austin TX sight unseen.

My nephew actually lives in Kileen and if I am interested enough to have him make the drive, yes he is willing to.

I have to say I would like some information about why you posted your link in a thread about a scam car.

NOT implying anything just HONESTLY trying to figure out what is going on.

Thank you,

Michael

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael, I posted this because I was getting phone calls and e-mails about this also. All I did was put this yellow GTS forsale on e-bay and someone took all the information about the car and listed it on autotrader for sale. I already contacted autotrader about this, they have not removed the ad because they are investigating it. This car was purchased new here in Austin and never been anywhere else. Let me know when your relative is coming down, since I will be leaving for Daytona for the Rolex 24 on wed evening...

SW

MOUNTAINWOLF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Michael,SW is well known by many on this forum. There are many here who would vouch for his credability. I see why you got confused, but if you have interest in the car, you are on the right track now in speaking with SW. :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi