Is this bad?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I'm not talking about the dirty components. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

3 out of the 4 links were bad, so I changed them all out.

Some shots of the rear:

I have several more pics showing how easy it is to do(once I was told what to do), if anyone is interested in a "how to".

Big thanks to Chuck Tator and Tony Armour for their phone support. :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job, do a write up and ask one of the mods to put it in the illustrated upgrades section. You will be immortalized.............. :D :D

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job, do a write up and ask one of the mods to put it in the illustrated upgrades section. You will be immortalized.............. :D :D

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am the second most mechanically challenged person on this forum. Chad would be #1. :D

I have a good write up for the front, I got frustrated on the rears and stopped with the detailed pics and bought a pickle fork and then beat the hell out of it until the rear links popped out. Doing it again, it would go much easier. :2tu:

I'll post a few more shots in a few....

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front Sway Bar Link Replacement

Tools needed:

Jack
Jack Stands
Torque Wrenches
Rubber Mallet
Hammer
15mm wrench/socket

Credit to Tony Armour and Chuck Tator for their assistance

Note: This write up is intended to help those that are replacing their sway bar links. Do NOT use this guide if you plan on re-using the links, as damage may occur to the links when using this method.

1. Place front of Viper on jack stands and remove both front wheels. Please stop here if you are unsure how to do this and seek a qualified mechanic.

2. Remove the nut that is connecting the sway bar to the sway bar link with the 15mm wrench:

3. With a rubber mallet, hit the sway several times REALLY hard until the link pops free:

If you are still having trouble getting the link to pop free, you can hit the top link stud with a hammer:

4. With the 15mm wrench, remove the bottom nut holding the link to the lower control arm:

5. Hit the lower link stud with a hammer until the lower link pops free:

6. Once both ends are free, remove the sway bar link.

7. Install the new sway bar link in reverse order of removal.

8. Start by installing the link in the mounting hole on the lower control arm. Install the the nut and tighten to a torque of 150 in. lbs.

9. Install the stabilizer bar on the stabilizer bar attaching link. Install the nut and tighten to a torque of 200 in. lbs.

10. Install wheels and torque to 90 ft. lbs.

This is just a guide. I'm sure there are different/better ways to do it, especially if you have the "Special Tools" designed to remove the sway bar links.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang