Is Zaino UnAmerican?

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I grew up in a America of plenty. Gas was $.399/gal and if you got a fill-up they gave you triple trading stamps and a set of 6 flower printed 14oz beverage glasses. Now I have the pleasure of owning the bad boy of all cars, a GTS Viper! More power and chutzpah then anything ever built. Even the Harley riders give you a thumbs up. So I get out my slightly used Zaino collection and reread all the instructions. They tell me that I should put the LOC on real thin and that I should put on number whatever even more thinly. I come from the Gartlis days of "if more is better, too much is just right!" I don't care if this juice cost me enough money to buy 150 gallons of gas in the old days, its mine and I'll use as much as I **** well feel like. So I take the car to a guy to "Clay": it. Seems funny to me that to get your car clean you have to throw dirt on it, but I want to obey the word of Sal. $50.00 bucks later plus a GOOOOD tip the car is back in my garage and ready for treatment. I start with what is suppose to be enough LOC to do a school bus and run out on the back fender which is where I started. Now realizing that I can only get this stuff though the mail ( harder to get than drugs which only requires getting to a dark corner in Compton) I panic because its only 11AM and I have nothing else to do all day. I remember that my neighbor with the Z06 has some LOC so I go to his place BUT he's not home. He and I are good friends so I break in and borrow his LOC. Because someone has been taking his lawn mower gas, last week he put in an alarm system which malfunctioned while I was in his house. I had to get out of
there as quickly as possible to protect my ears. I did have time to get a little more gas. Anyway, I finish the LOC while the police conduct a house to house search which was kind of fun to watch. You don't have to wait for LOC to dry which in its self is un-American, even Glass Wax had to dry per Auther Godfrey. Now I start the number whatever which I have about 3 gallons of.
This I do not run out of, as a matter of fact I still have enough to do One front wheel. Then I see that I'm suppose to use a 100% cotton towel made in the USA. Nice touch Sal but I see through this ploy. I look through our "rags" and can't find any, my neighbor's house is under stake out so I'm forced to borrow from our (my wife's) linen closet. She has about 8 REAL BIG towels made in North Carolina of 100% Egyptian(???, see why I'm worried about Sal?)cotton. These cost us more than my last suit BUT nothing is too good for my Viper. The police helicopter circling overhead speeds the drying, I wait for the right instant and I attack the dried number whatever. In less then 15 minutes I've gone through 3 of those nice towels but the car looks GREAT. Now I get a cola and debate rather I should tell the police A) the truth, B) that my wife broke in to the neighbors to get more towels or C) they'll never take me alive. I decide on D, say nothing. I reach for my secret weapon, Z-6 gloss enhancer.The instructions tell me that I can do the whole car with about 1oz of this stuff, yea sure!!! I did some quick math and figured that if you spread 1 oz of this over one viper the thickness will be 1 /10,000,000,000,000,000.07". Since it takes several hours for me to count this high a use just about the whole bottle and our remaining 4 towels.When the car is done it looks better than new. I had a C-5 Vet before but Viper paint is much better applied. When my wife gets home I show her the car and remind her that she has to do the wash because we're out of towels. She throws a fit and goes for a visit to her mothers.

Now you can see my point. Sal Zaino is out to ruin every town
in the US with his rob your neighbor distribution system and his crafty way of getting you to buy cotton from Egypt. If you are a Viper owner your very marriage is in danger. But the worse thing of all is his "less is more" concept of applying product which is in complete conflict with the great American Don Gartlis. Maybe we should make Sal our Drug Czar since its harder to get his chemicals than any illegal drug besides Philadelphia Scrapple.

Actually this is great stuff, anything that reminds me of a wine cask (LOC's smell) is great even if it taste like hell.
Support your local police and watch out for that thieving neighbor.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post, I learned quickly that you do have to put it on lightly otherwise it just smears around. Next time you break in, remember to wear gloves so you don't leave any fingerprints.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny Post, a good read. Could you possibly be referring to the great, Big Daddy Don GARLITS, The guy who ruled top fuelers with his Winn's Jammer? Or is this someone else I should know about? Maybe your neighbor? The spelling errors take this post from an A to a B+ (but I make 'em too).
cool.gif

OP
OP
G

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh yea, Don Garlits. My spell-check fails me again. This misspelling was brought to you through the courtesy of the South Jersey school system circa 1949-63. As you can see even 7 years in high school didn't help. The last thing the principal (sp?) there said was I was a waste of good milk! I want to thank you, Don for the B grade which I will treasure forever. Tomorrow I will rent a cap and gown and hang a printout of it on my wall. Is this the 15 minutes Andy Warhol (sp?) promised me?
Glenn Hofstetter(sp?)

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Glenn,
Great post. Please become active on the board. Posts like yours are a real improvement over the Consumers Reports on Viper Tuners which we have been plagued with for weeks. The funny part is several of the Tuner Smashers Club attacked anyone who disagreed with them by alleging that without them, all we would be discussing on our Board would be Zaino issues. Your post slays them. Is it possible that Zaino really is the uniting factor in our club and the Zaino receptor (ie. Viper) is really secondary??? Hey Sal, if you are listening, lets go public with Zaino Bros. and raise a few hundred Million. We could sponser our own Zaino BBS and no discussion is permitted unless relates only to your product.
Bob Carroll

(Oh my God, I'm responding to Zaino posts too; all too much time on my hands lately...............)

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UnAmerican? I dont think so...

You must be registered for see images attach

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now THAT's the way you market Zaino!!(AND Doo-Dads!!)I don't feel nearly so self conscious about reading Zaino posts now. I think even the "Usual Suspects" would appreciate this one!!!
cool.gif

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was all set to make a comment........ but......... as they say, one picture is worth a thousand words. There is NOTHING I can possibly add!...... other than perhaps to "bump" this back to the "top"?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike at XTRMBKINI,

Thanks man!! That post will give me certain visuals to last me through the night ... Now , where'd I put the hand lotion?

OP
OP
G

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ALERT !!! ALERT!!!
Attention all Zaino users: Do not pay any attention to the girl in the bikini. This is another obvious attempt by Sal and his gang (I believe there are several of them) to derail our concerns about his Americanism. There is mounting evidence somewhere to prove my rantings. According to a friend of Peter Jennings (sp?) Several undisclosed sources close to people I can't name tell me that there are rumors that the picture you all saw was retouched be the same person that did the Lee Harvey Oswald (sp?) shoots for the FBI as well as a secret unforgettable shot where even I looked good. Think about it, you all have Vipers, do any of you know girls that look like this? Does a girl like this appear anywhere on the Viper new car option sheet? She doesn't even look German!(Thank God) You all buy Z number whatever, did a girl like this come with your order? Did a girl like this even deliver your order? There is a conspiracy afoot, protect your homes and family, horde gold and ABOVE ALL immediately send me any other pictures of this girl before they get in circulation. Glenn Hofstetter(sp?)

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, you don't need hand lotion, you can use Z5...it removes minor scratches too! Or is that Z2, you might have to try both. According to Sal, it's OK to mix the two. Ignore the tingling sensation, that goes away with a thin coat of the gloss enhancer! But I would avoid the clay bar at all costs.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper Nation;

As the sinister leader of VIRTUCON I offer one millllion dolllars for the Xtreme Bikini team to Zaino my Viper with every product in the Zaino line using only Egyptian cotton towels.

They better do a gooood job!

Sincerely,

DR. EVIL

P.S. All bikini members get complimentary hot pockets courtesy of Austin Powers, "International Man of Mystery" HAHAHAHAHAHA!.....

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
However, I did learn that a thong does not make a very effective buffer. (But it's fun to watch them anyways.)

And when they are done cleaning my car, I let them pose next to it for a picture!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm, themrsome big noggins.. Bet those bikini top strapes are reinforced with 50lb TRILENE fishing line.
LOL!!

Need more visuals..

Gerald

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glenn,
You don't need to wear gloves to break into your Z06 neighbor's garage. Just take a bottle of Gloss Enhancer and spray your hands with it, smooth as a baby's butt, and Voila, no fingerprints! Of course, it's very hard to get a grip on a door knob, your hands just kind of slide off the knob when they have been treated with Gloss Enhancer. Hard to hold a bottle of LOC too! You can even spray your whole body with Gloss Enhancer, and then you can squeeze through the tinest door openings without even opening the door. Of course, that one Extreme Bikini Team member would probably still get stuck half way though the door opening. Those crazy Zaino Brothers, what will they come up with next!

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy mackeral!! And to think I almost didn't bother to read this post.. From now on i'm opening up ALL of them, he-he
smile.gif

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I BELIEVE it was Genreal Berr....rrr...uhmmmm....eh! Awww CR*P!! Who am I kidding! I can't concentrate anymore after seeing those gorgeous bikini models! Works completely gone to hell! IM TAKING THE REST OF THE DAY OFF!

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Show your mom this picture:

LOL!

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team Captain Julie Ann is our official Viper mechanic - would you want her to be yours? ;)

(Hey Steve F., Maurice and others - remember this shoot?)

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, there is no pleasing your mother... I was dressed up as Tigger to visit poor, disadvantaged children at an orphanage that day. See the look on that baby in the background - pure pleasure!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Un-American charges? From a guy named HOFSTETTER?
Hogan's Heroes had such a character, the SS general who was Col. Klink's nemisis? Wasnt he a HOFSTETTER ? Hmmmmm?

Don't ask me.........I KNOW NNUUUTHHHHINK !

Sgt. Schultz

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going through the old posts for info about Zaino and found this one. OMG the first post is funny as ****> Hey and the pics aint too bad either.

Whatever happened to Glen in the first post?

And also the xtreme bikini guy?