Jet Hot Coating . ..

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plann on sending my headers and exhaust inc cats all the way back to the corsa catback to jet hot. The satin silver looks nice, but heat protection is my goal so appearence is secondary.

I am thinking the 2000 degree coating for the system since Sean roe measured the elbow past the headers and over 1000 degrees which is too close to the 1300 degree protection of the satin finish.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, don't bother. Mine chipped off like potato chips! First it got a fuzzy look to it then just started to flake off. Took only about 2 weeks. I just put my stock shields back on.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is their 2000k degree coating their "Sterling" finish?

Can you coat the cats?
I thought that the substrate inside the cats was platinum and coating this honeycomb(?) surface would not be good for the operation of the cat?

Had the headers on the Z-06 done in JetHot Sterling and it looked like brand new with no problems and 1800 miles.

There is a "space age" real ceramic coating that "supposedly" works better than JH, but it is a dull primer gray color, VERY rough in texture and BUTT UGLY (for all us posers!).

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine done in Michigan at a place called QcCoatings (.com) and after a year they are flawless.

Had from the header to the rear muffler done. Cats, resonators, everything, inside and out.

OP
OP
V

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be coating the heades with the ugly black coating (non poser) which is good for 2000 degrees, The rest of the exhaust in the satin 1300 degrees.
Everything is inside and out except for the cats.

Ryan-you did the inside of the cats? How did they do that?