Jon B on a Monday

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So apparently I broke a rule today. I called Jon B around 1 p.m. my time which makes that early out west. I needed to order a flywheel and some tranny mounts. I was informed that I should have known that Monday is a crazy day around the office at PartsRack :dunno:

Anyway Jon B didn't give me to hard of a time since it was my first time ordering. BTW he was extremely helpful and suggested the best parts for what I was doing.

All in all I had a great experience with PartsRack and Jon. I learned a valuable lesson in the end....

BIG Thanks JonB:headbang:

:usa:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been impressive today. Among all of the 150+ web inquiries he logged over the weekend, he still had time to mail me a complimentary set of plug boot insulators as I work on the melted boot problem.

He didn't owe me those parts in my opinion, but it was nice to see that after I had a problem with a product I purchased from him.

The other 50% of his advertising appears to be coming from this forum today...

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made the same mistake last week! Jon was sure to let me know that Mondays were not the day to be calling. He did it courteously though. Learned the lesson Jon. Great service.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without going into too much detail, Jon B has been very helpful to me both in terms of supplying me with a Belanger header exhaust system at a great price and being very generous in terms of advice and related support for this and other equipment I have purchased from him.

/Rich

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need parts you should be able to cal any day as far as I am concerned, A Viper down" is a bad day.

So.... Calling on Monday... Tuesday... Wednesday... Thursday...Friday...And even Saturday. Sunday should be for entertainment only, and ALL should get the same curtious respect. :D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you need parts you should be able to cal any day as far as I am concerned, A Viper down" is a bad day........So.... Calling on Monday... Tuesday... Wednesday... Thursday...Friday...And even Saturday. Sunday should be for entertainment only, and ALL should get the same curtious respect. :D

I LIKE THAT Scotty: "CURTious respect" ! That is EXACTLY what we deliver on MONDAYS as those CUSTOMERS above did attest, (THANKS All! ) I wish I had more time to chat with Customers on Mondays, but the volume forces me to be CURT-eous, with thanks.

To clarify: The only reason I mentioned it at all is by way of an apology for our MONDAY CRUSH and RUSH. The other days you get COURTeous Respect. I love to chat in fact.

The Monday-whiners of the past wanted Monday service with a smile, but were not buying anything. Not Customers. We simply dont have quality time to spend on Monday crush days, because we are busy filling CUSTOMER orders, like those above. CURTeously.

PPS: We return email and some phone messages on weekends from past customers who ask us to. We forward calls after hours and even answer some CALLER ID CALLS from known customers on many weekend or evening or holiday occasions.

Scotty, trust me, if I see SCOTT TWYFORD Caller ID in my home state, where I sponsor your VCA message board (thanks Chris) I will pick up the phone 6-days with COURTEOUS (or 1 day with CURTIOUS) respect...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thread was in no way intended to downplay the great service of PartsRack or the customer service JonB gives to us on Mondays. It was merely an amusing oops although my order was invoiced promptly and to the point (which I prefer anyway) :headbang:

Big thanks for the assistance JonB... cant wait to get the parts on the car and get it back out there.

:usa:

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your funny Jon...

Damn... I missed that "ABC" button and now I will NEVER be cool. I guess picking on my spelling is what you got. (it was a joke)

OMG and yes ... YOU - PARTS RACK- JON BROBST - WASHINGTON STATE- 360-837-3937... sponsors the site...

RELAX :omg: -

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh hey...

I spelled "call" wrong too. Ya missed that one!
AND a quotation at the part that says "A Viper down"

Im suprised I got "Wednesday" right though, I always miss that one. :lmao:

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here Here Scotty, If I told any of my customers not to call on Monday they wouldn't call any other day of the week either.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here Here Scotty, If I told any of my customers not to call on Monday they wouldn't call any other day of the week either.

...Alpha...Not quite what I meant...[/quote]

EXACTLY my point Scotty! This entire Monday thing is a bad joke.

I never, ever said 'dont call Mondays'. I simply apologize to Customers for commonly being rushed & crushed on Monday Mornings. 4+ time zones hit us at once so I am seldom able to enjoy our NORMAL Viper chat. Some guys apparently got that a bit confused......(Scotty,as you know, I'll answer your caller ID 24-7-366.)

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, Peter! Thanks for asking:

Pacific Time SLOWER TIMES
1030a - 130p
300p-500p. So a caller in NC and East can still reach us after supper!

PartsRack is located on Pacific Time, so when we open at 0830 , we get HIT by East Coast on their lunch breaks, and Central, Mountain, and Pacific callers who were also waiting for us to open. By 1030am Pacific, the morning crush is past; Our s/h goes out at 245p, so we are slammed at 130p-230p with invoices, labels and packing. More than you wanted, but the facts of life in our small biz WEST.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,

I don't think I ever properly thanked you for all your help, and regardless of the outcome, I just wanted you to know how much I greatly appreciate what you did. You went WAY above and beyond to help, and it left an indelible impression because you put YOUR business on hold for me and you didn't stand to make a dime.

Thanks again,
Mike

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had nothing but good experiences with Jon. Every time I've ordered, he's gone above and beyond his required level of service for me.

I plan to do much more biz with him in the future, especially when my car gets here Friday :)

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just tried to call to order some parts and he basicly told me to **** of here....

What excelent customer service!

I guess half of all advertiesment is wasted! Will have to go somewhere else for the part? I can't also use my VCA membership discount either. SWEET!

Last edited:

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I now try to make my orders on non Monday days.However when I have called on Mon. Jon is still very busy, but will still help if he can. Jon is Chief cook and Bottle washer. I know just how he feels.TOM.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not like I was asking him for advice. First words out of my mouth I told him exactly what I wanted and had my credit card in hand. He then gave me a 3 minute speach on how busy he is on mondays. He could have just taken down my adress and my credit card info in that time and had a sale.

I know when it was just my boss and I working for a mail order company selling over a 1 million a year in products we had made time to take orders, no matter if they were $5 or $2000. If we had to work late we did.

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not like I was asking him for advice. First words out of my mouth I told him exactly what I wanted and had my credit card in hand. He then gave me a 3 minute speach on how busy he is on mondays. He could have just taken down my adress and my credit card info in that time and had a sale.

I know when it was just my boss and I working for a mail order company selling over a 1 million a year in products we had made time to take orders, no matter if they were $5 or $2000. If we had to work late we did.
Might try an E-mail on Mondays.He does get back in touch right away.:)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just tried to call to order some parts and he basicly told me to **** of here....

What excelent customer service!

I guess half of all advertiesment is wasted! Will have to go somewhere else for the part? I can't also use my VCA membership discount either. SWEET!

Most vendors offer the same pricing when you get down to it. Just point out the deal you've been offered at one joint, when talking to another joint.

Very little of the merchandise sold for Vipers is exclusive to one vendor, with exclusive pricing too.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought these from JonB..
Plush Carpets, Sculpted Logo Floormats

This is the 3rd time I have done business with him and I am pleased with his service every time considering he always offers the greatest advice, knows what he is talking about and is very honest and won't just tell you to buy something from him just to make another sale.. I will continue to buy everything for my Viper through him! :2tu:

Thanks again Jon!
-Anthony

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well I just tried to call to order some parts and he basicly told me to **** of here....What excelent customer service! I guess half of all advertiesment is wasted! Will have to go somewhere else for the part? I can't also use my VCA membership discount either. SWEET! .....It's not like I was asking him for advice. First words out of my mouth I told him exactly what I wanted and had my credit card in hand. He then gave me a 3 minute speach on how busy he is on mondays. He could have just taken down my adress and my credit card info in that time and had a sale.

This post proves ONE thing: Justin M. lied at least twice in his life.

I had other calls holding, and did NOT have time to drop them and take his verbal. Period.

We tried to find him to take a quick verbal Monday AM, but Justin has never bought from us, so we had NO DATA on Justin. My 30-second speech was to say I had calls holding, and I asked him to buy the $149 seat lowering kit on the WEBSITE since he was LOOKING RIGHT AT IT! And I promised we would get it out ASAP. Or, call back later or a verbal.

He DID order it, we DID upgrade the shipping to priority, and it went out in under 24 hours.
{I suspect he will receive it today, along with a new-customer freebee.} Unfortunately, he did not tell us he was VENOM. Nor did he say the COLOR of his Viper, so the freebee we sent Justin was hard to personalize as we usually try.

So once again, anonymous BSers, for entertainment alone, post exaggerations as 'performed' here.

So, PLEASE, Mustang Justin: if I am lying, PLEASE, PLEASE REFUSE THE SHIPMENT, return to sender, for a full and complete refund. (THEN your post will be true and accurate in EVERY detail.)

Now You know the REST of the story..........

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post proves ONE thing: Justin M. lied at least twice in his life.

How dare you call me a liar!

Jon B said:
I had other calls holding, and did NOT have time to drop them and take his verbal. Period.

I called and you asked if I could hold for I was next in line.

You did not have time to take a order and take my money? Give me a f'n break:rolleyes:

Jon B said:
We tried to find him to take a quick verbal Monday AM, but Justin has never bought from us, so we had NO DATA on Justin.

When did you search? You IMEDIATLY told me you will not take the order over the phone and that it was an "Internet" only item. Almost to the point you were ********** I even called!

Jon B said:
My 30-second speech

I still am firm on the near 3 minutes

Jon B said:
was to say I had calls holding, and I asked him to buy the $149 seat lowering kit on the WEBSITE
Yes, you TOLD me to go your website since it was a "website" "only" item.

Jon B said:
since he was LOOKING RIGHT AT IT!
What do you have a camera on me or something? How do you know that? The fact was I WASN'T and I knew from previously looking at your site that you carried it!

Jon B said:
And I promised we would get it out ASAP.

You made no such promise.

Jon B said:
Or, call back later or a verbal.

You told me you MIGHT be able to get to me on Tuesday if I call.

Jon B said:
He DID order it, we DID upgrade the shipping to priority, and it went out in under 24 hours.
Yes I did order it. I saw no one else that carried it. Why did you upgrade the shipping if I'm in the wrong? That doesn't sound quite right.

Jon B said:
{I suspect he will receive it today, along with a new-customer freebee.} Unfortunately, he did not tell us he was VENOM.

When did I have a chance? You just kept going on and on about how busy you are on Mondays and how you can't take my order. When was I supposed to tell you I'm a Venom member? I saw nowhere on the site to tell me that? Hell I couldn't even get a word out of my mouth over the phone as soon as you started ranting.

Jon B said:
Nor did he say the COLOR of his Viper, so the freebee we sent Justin was hard to personalize as we usually try.

Never asked for a freebee. Besides that how was a NEW customer supposed to know that was an Important field without you telling them? Wait you could have but you decided to give me an extended lecture on how you are too busy for my business.

Notice how this says optional?
You must be registered for see images

Oh wait, so when I went to go check out and pay look what I see.
You must be registered for see images

Wait... Where was I supposed to tell you I was a VCA Venom member? I saw nowhere that mentioned "If you are a VCA member..."

Jon B said:
So once again, anonymous BSers, for entertainment alone, post exaggerations as 'performed' here.

No exaggerations are performed here. This is straight up 100% the truth. I had excellent customer service with tator, woodhouse, big brake dave, etc. You don't see me raising hell with them? When I called mark at woodhouse he told me he was busy currently, took my name and number, and called me back the day after. Do you see me upset about that? NO.... SO why am I so upset with you? Because of the way you treated me!

Jon B said:
So, PLEASE, Mustang Justin: if I am lying, PLEASE, PLEASE REFUSE THE SHIPMENT, return to sender, for a full and complete refund.

If someone can tell me another place to get a 2" seat lowering setup I gladly will!

Jon B said:
(THEN your post will be true and accurate in EVERY detail.)

It already is true!

Jon B said:
Now You know the REST of the story..........

That they do:rolleyes:

There is a very simple procedure you could have followed that would have prevented all of this with me and future customers.

"Hello, I can't get with you right this moment. Please give me your name and number and I will get back to you as soon as possible."

The customer knows you care about them and want their business, and you still have the time to do things you need to get done. *** is so hard about that?

Besides, why are you EVEN denying this. It is all over the forum how RUDE you are on Mondays, even YOU admit to it.... So please explain how I am LIEING about this?

Also, thanks to all the people that PM'd me saying how they have had similar experiences.

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Alpha...Not quite what I meant...[/quote]

EXACTLY my point Scotty! This entire Monday thing is a bad joke.

I never, ever said 'dont call Mondays'. I simply apologize to Customers for commonly being rushed & crushed on Monday Mornings. 4+ time zones hit us at once so I am seldom able to enjoy our NORMAL Viper chat. Some guys apparently got that a bit confused......(Scotty,as you know, I'll answer your caller ID 24-7-366.)

WOW A DIRECT QUOTE from THIS VERY THREAD....

I didn't call to chat or BS, I called TO PLACE AN ORDER! Apprently this isn't a BAD JOKE at all....

:rolleyes:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most vendors offer the same pricing when you get down to it. Just point out the deal you've been offered at one joint, when talking to another joint.

Very little of the merchandise sold for Vipers is exclusive to one vendor, with exclusive pricing too.

Dave, you said it. If people would actually call around to check on pricing, they would see that almost all vendors offer the exact same products and the prices DO vary.
Competition keeps prices in check.......if that is possible when buying parts for a Viper.:omg:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang