Jon B on a Monday

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin,

I've called JonB on a Monday before I knew he was as busy as a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest, and was a little stern with me as well. I was just going to ask a question, so I'm probably as much to blame as anyone else for his mood on Mondays. Since then I've done business with him numerous times, and now he's the only person I deal with. He knows more about my car than I do, and that's no joke! Once I called him for a new fan motor for my '96 GTS, and Jon says "Your car has the upgraded fan from a '98 Viper so I'll send you the right one." He was right, and I had totally forgotten about the different fan. You cannot buy that sort of service; it's something that comes from the heart.

Jon is only human and I'm sorry you had a bad experience with him, but please bury the hatchet and give him a second chance. He is a wealth of knowledge, and has talked me out of making costly mistakes more times than I can count. How many people do you know that would tell you NOT to buy something from them?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How dare you call me a liar!....

Oh wait, so when I went to go check out and pay look what I see.
You must be registered for see images

Wait... Where was I supposed to tell you I was a VCA Venom member? I saw nowhere that mentioned "If you are a VCA member..."

So please explain how I am LIEING about this? ...

Since you asked:

1) You gave me your name (or caller ID did) and you were NOT in our file.

2) Your first lie was that I said some ****** abbreviation ("Well I just tried to call to order some parts and he basicly told me to **** of here....") I did not. I explained that calls were on hold ahead of you. and I could not take a verbal order.

3) Your next lie, after berating me....was that you were not buying it from us .

4) We are apparently so good at divining VCA-VENOM that we charged you only $149, not $175. Dang, Im good. Not warm and fuzzy, but GOOD, fast service expecially on internet orders. If you want hugs n kisses, call your mommy.

5) I am also hearing impaired, and phone calls (esp from cell phones) are a head ache. You might ASSume verbal orders are fast, but are not fast here. It takes me waaaaay too long to understand verbal orders without phonetic help, and I can easily screw up numbers. Address, Zip, Creditcard. Email or web is best, esp on Monday AM. Sad Fact that you have all this TIME for this thread to try and hurt me, but no time to order online? Sheeesh.

Last edited:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Jon on Monday to order a Full Belanger exhaust, he told me that he was pretty busy and asked if I could call back. I'ts no big deal, I called the next day talked to Jon for a few and ordered my full Belanger exhaust and used my 700 dollar credit. I will have a full corsa 3 inch track exhaust with the Random Tech SHF cats for sale. I bought new from JonB for 2,035.00 will sell shipped for 1,500.00 has less than 200 miles on the exhaust. Came off a 2006 coupe

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of these days I'd like to hear you apologize to someone Jon.

You're far from perfect Jon, make mistakes, and are dropping customers by the week from your head strong attitude.

Wake up. You're your own worst enemy at Parts Rack.

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Jon on Monday to order a Full Belanger exhaust, he told me that he was pretty busy and asked if I could call back. I'ts no big deal, I called the next day talked to Jon for a few and ordered my full Belanger exhaust and used my 700 dollar credit. I will have a full corsa 3 inch track exhaust with the Random Tech SHF cats for sale. I bought new from JonB for 2,035.00 will sell shipped for 1,500.00 has less than 200 miles on the exhaust. Came off a 2006 coupe

Get ready to rumble with your new stuff. I had my Dodge dealer put mine on last wk. I have an 06 coupe.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB said:
Since you asked:

1) You gave me your name (or caller ID did) and you were NOT in our file.

Interesting. Why did you ask me about 3 times after I said NO in the middle of all your ranting if I had placed an order with you if you looked me up?

Jon B said:
2) Your first lie was that I said some ****** abbreviation ("Well I just tried to call to order some parts and he basically told me to **** of here....") I did not. I explained that calls were on hold ahead of you. and I could not take a verbal order.

That is not a lie, I NEVER said you said anything ******. But you basically told me to **** and you don't have time to take my order over the phone. Are you denying that?

Jon B said:
3) Your next lie, after berating me....was that you were not buying it from us .

here let me re-quote exactly what I said.
FATHERFORD said:
Will have to go somewhere else for the part? I can't also use my VCA membership discount either. SWEET!

Did I say ANYWHERE that I wasn't going to buy the part from you? NO. I saw it nowhere else on any viper site for sale so I thought I had NO other choice! It was a question that do I have a choice to go buy it somewhere else. If you would like to redirect me to another vendor that sells the same part I will GLADLY buy it from them.

JonB said:
4) We are apparently so good at divining VCA-VENOM that we charged you only $149, not $175. Dang, I'm good. Not warm and fuzzy, but GOOD, fast service especially on Internet orders. If you want hugs n kisses, call your mommy.
When I placed the order on the website it was advertised at $149.. I have the email right after I submitted my checkout, at 1:09 PM that is automatically sent that states it's $149... You CHANGED the price on the website.

The "official" invoice was sent at 2:31pm. So what are you trying to prove with this statement? At that time $149 was the price ANYONE could get. I can't help if you decided to jack up the price afterwards.

JonB said:
5) I am also hearing impaired, and phone calls (esp from cell phones) are a head ache. You might ASSume verbal orders are fast, but are not fast here. It takes me waaaaay too long to understand verbal orders without phonetic help, and I can easily screw up numbers. Address, Zip, Creditcard. Email or web is best, esp on Monday AM.

Is this your idea of an excuse? Really? So you cant hear on the phone on Monday am, but Monday PM through Friday you can hear just fine to take orders over the phone?

I'm sorry if that is your case, my father is the same way. He bought some hearing aids that work GREAT even over the phone. He can actually hear and understand everyone now. There is also special phones for the hearing impaired. I bought my grandparets some this last christmas and they LOVE IT. If you like I could direct you to the place I purchased them. This is nothing for you to be ashamed about. I know my father was, but after years of my mother and I nagging him to try some, he did and loves them!

JonB said:
Sad Fact that you have all this TIME for this thread to try and hurt me, but no time to order online? Sheeesh.

I prefer not to order online. I prefer to order over the phone. You have the option on your website that you can take orders over the phone. So where is the problem? I believe it is YOU Jon.

I would have had no problem waiting until Tuesday to order the part. I'm upset on how you treated me on the phone. There is NO excuse for that. You could have handled the situation much better by how I demonstrated in my previous post.

Here is what we know are FACTS:

1) You don't deny not taking my order over the phone and saying it's an "internet only" item.
2) You don't deny you gave me a "lecture" on how busy you are on mondays. Time of said lecture is still being disputed.
3) You don't deny about being a grumpy angry man on Monday's.
4) You say in the same thread it's OK to order parts on Mondays on the phone, yet a few post afterwards you say it's NOT ok.
5) Your website gives the option to CALL and place the order over the phone.

I yet to see how you are trying to make me be the BAD guy? Was it that a NEW customer was trying to call and JUST order a part on a MONDAY? Is that my crime? Is that what you are saying? So my punishment as a PAYING customer is for you to rudely and sternly give me a lecture over the phone, refuse my service over the phone, then to come onto a web forum and call me a liar after I have stated my experience?

Is that your idea of quality customer service?

If you are so busy and can't work on the phone on Monday, DON'T ANSWER. Make your business hours only Tuesday-Friday. If you get done early on monday that keeps you so busy, then you can start calling people back that left there name and number on the answering machine. Now that's a SIMPLE solution to what seems to be a reoccurring problem.

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of these days I'd like to hear you apologize to someone Jon.

You're far from perfect Jon, make mistakes, and are dropping customers by the week from your head strong attitude.

Wake up. You're your own worst enemy at Parts Rack.

Hell that's all it would take for me. Just a simple apology. It doesn't even have to be made public. If you are having a bad day and snapped that's understandable. Hell I do that. But I come and apologize at least.

Maybe by apparently upgrading my shipping is his way of apologizing?

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin,

I've called JonB on a Monday before I knew he was as busy as a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest, and was a little stern with me as well. I was just going to ask a question, so I'm probably as much to blame as anyone else for his mood on Mondays. Since then I've done business with him numerous times, and now he's the only person I deal with. He knows more about my car than I do, and that's no joke! Once I called him for a new fan motor for my '96 GTS, and Jon says "Your car has the upgraded fan from a '98 Viper so I'll send you the right one." He was right, and I had totally forgotten about the different fan. You cannot buy that sort of service; it's something that comes from the heart.

Jon is only human and I'm sorry you had a bad experience with him, but please bury the hatchet and give him a second chance. He is a wealth of knowledge, and has talked me out of making costly mistakes more times than I can count. How many people do you know that would tell you NOT to buy something from them?

I can tell he is a wealth of knowledge. He seems to know every little nut and bolt on the viper and I am willing to give him another chance.

But to come on here and call me a liar? Really?

All he had to do was send me a pm, email, or call my phone(he has my number now) and Apologize for his rudeness. I would have said "ok" and forget all about it. I don't hold grudges, I'm understanding, and easy to get along with.

If I called him to chit chat I could understand him putting me off. Maybe not as sternly or rudely as he did, but I can understand that. I didn't want to chit chat, or talk though. I wanted to purchase a part. I still yet to see how I am in the wrong?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So apparently I broke a rule today. I called Jon B around 1 p.m. my time which makes that early out west. I needed to order a flywheel and some tranny mounts. I was informed that I should have known that Monday is a crazy day around the office at PartsRack :dunno:

Anyway Jon B didn't give me to hard of a time since it was my first time ordering. BTW he was extremely helpful and suggested the best parts for what I was doing.

All in all I had a great experience with PartsRack and Jon. I learned a valuable lesson in the end.... BIG Thanks JonB:headbang: :usa:

Many Thanks Rob

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
He has been impressive today. Among all of the 150+ web inquiries he logged over the weekend, he still had time to mail me a complimentary set of plug boot insulators as I work on the melted boot problem.

He didn't owe me those parts in my opinion, but it was nice to see that after I had a problem with a product I purchased from him.
Thanks David, and you are very welcome. No problem

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Without going into too much detail, Jon B has been very helpful to me both in terms of supplying me with a Belanger header exhaust system at a great price and being very generous in terms of advice and related support for this and other equipment I have purchased from him. /Rich

Thanks, Rich...... I appreciate your remarks and your business

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JonB,

I don't think I ever properly thanked you for all your help, and regardless of the outcome, I just wanted you to know how much I greatly appreciate what you did. You went WAY above and beyond to help, and it left an indelible impression because you put YOUR business on hold for me and you didn't stand to make a dime. Thanks again,
Mike

Glad to be of help Mike (Must not have been a monday?!} THANKS!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've had nothing but good experiences with Jon. Every time I've ordered, he's gone above and beyond his required level of service for me.
I plan to do much more biz with him in the future, especially when my car gets here Friday :)

Thank You Very Much

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just bought these from JonB..
Plush Carpets, Sculpted Logo Floormats

This is the 3rd time I have done business with him and I am pleased with his service every time considering he always offers the greatest advice, knows what he is talking about and is very honest and won't just tell you to buy something from him just to make another sale.. I will continue to buy everything for my Viper through him! :2tu:
Thanks again Jon!
-Anthony

Many Thanks Anthony......mats on the way

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Justin,

Thanks for the efforts and the VERY kind words.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon. Breathe in deep. Now doesn't that feel better? We're behind you dude, don't sweat the small stuff.TOM.:)

Good Advice Tom....Cant please everyone in person. I just spent some time to thank owners like you.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.......Jon was sure to let me know that Mondays were not the day to be calling. He did it courteously though. Learned the lesson Jon. Great service.

Thanks Dub.........sorry to be rushed and MOnday AM, and thanks for understanding

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Andy, and Ill mention your system to NEW buyers til we get it sold.

PPS thanks for understanding, and calling back after our crush. The situation you describe is Situation Normal on Monday Mornings as all 4 time-zones hit us.

I ALWAYS ask who you are, and try to help if no calls are on hold...... and NEVER tell ANYONE to 'Get the F* out of Here' as alleged. Just not true, or believable.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Jon. I blitz of Thank You's to everyone that has ever said nice things about you.

And yet the biggest statement ever of your ignorance of the problem.

It is time to drop the gun's-a-roaring approach to customer service/problem solving, and stop thinking that hiding behind the customers you haven't yelled at yet will enhance your business.

Have you not yet figured out why all of "I love Jon B" posts have to be shut down by the admins? It's because of all the people you've failed to deal with sensibly and respectfully are active on this forum and tell their experiences with Parts Rack. And it gets ugly.

Ever seen a I love Sean Roe or Chuck Tator thread go sour?

Jon, I still think you're an asset to the Viper community, but you have to interact with customers and the accompanying business problems a little more gently.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Jon. I blitz of Thank You's to everyone that has ever said nice things about you.

And yet the biggest statement ever of your ignorance of the problem.

It is time to drop the gun's-a-roaring approach to customer service/problem solving, and stop thinking that hiding behind the customers you haven't yelled at yet will enhance your business.

Have you not yet figured out why all of "I love Jon B" posts have to be shut down by the admins? It's because of all the people you've failed to deal with sensibly and respectfully are active on this forum and tell their experiences with Parts Rack. And it gets ugly.

Ever seen a I love Sean Roe or Chuck Tator thread go sour?

Jon, I still think you're an asset to the Viper community, but you have to interact with customers and the accompanying business problems a little more gently.

What's even more suprising is half those thank yous even stated that jon was "rude" or "stern" when they called. Jon is ok with that? He finds it's ok that he is like that? He is ok with that it's a "bad joke" that he mean/rude to customers on monday?

I don't understand?

I also would like to think all the emails/PM's/AIM messages from other fellow VCA members with their support on my behalf.

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and NEVER tell ANYONE to 'Get the F* out of Here' as alleged. Just not true, or believable.

I never said you said that did I? Please go back and RE READ what I said.

You BASICLY told me to **** in short terms.

Your stated that you did not have time to take my order and to go order it off your website. You had no TIME for ME as a customer. You did this VERY rudely, stern, almost to point where you made me feel like I just killed your dog. It made me as a customer feel very uneasy. I have NEVER been talked to like that from any business EVER.

To me, in basic terms, means **** I don't want to talk to you. What is so hard for you to understand about that?

I will officially state that Jon did not say any ****** words to me during this conversation. I am sorry if people got that from my statement.

So I:
1)Never lied
2)Followed Jon's ways of it's ok to call if I place an order by his statments in this thread and on his webpage

Yet I'm the bad guy?

Last edited:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to customer service and the customer is always right? If I treated any of my customers the way Jon does to some of his, I would be out of business, simple as that. Customers pay my employees salary as well as mine. I ALWAYS treat my customers with respect and NEVER get "stern" with them. If I do, they go someplace else and that is not good for me. I have heard that on average if 1 customer has a bad buying experience with a certain company, such as in this case, they will tell 7 people about it. Not very good odds considering how small the Viper community is.
Keep it up Jon and it will be you looking for another line of work.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont see what the big deal is. I talked to company's where the person is all peachy and so NICE to talk to and yet when I get the package it wasn't what I ordered. When Im ordering something over the phone Im not looking to have someone kiss my butt. I think Jon is fine to talk to over the phone, I dont have a problem if he ask's me to call back. If I wanted someone nice to talk to me I'll have my girlfriend talk sweet nothing's in my ear.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont see what the big deal is. I talked to company's where the person is all peachy and so NICE to talk to and yet when I get the package it wasn't what I ordered. When Im ordering something over the phone Im not looking to have someone kiss my butt. I think Jon is fine to talk to over the phone, I dont have a problem if he ask's me to call back. If I wanted someone nice to talk to me I'll have my girlfriend talk sweet nothing's in my ear.

I dont have a problem if he ask me to call back either. That's not my problems. It's how he did it is the problem.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with you. But there is quite a span between sweet nothings being whispered in your ear by the parts guy, and getting a thrashing when your credit card is ready and in your hand, and you're excited about spending some more money on your car.

Somewhere in the middle would be great. That's all.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you. But there is quite a span between sweet nothings being whispered in your ear by the parts guy, and getting a thrashing when your credit card is ready and in your hand, and you're excited about spending some more money on your car.

Somewhere in the middle would be great. That's all.

Exactly!

I'm sure Jon is a great guy once you get to know him. He seems to treat his previous customers great other then Monday. I can see on the forum he backs up his products.

BUT, how he talked to me on the phone Monday is not excusable. He knows he talked to me very rudely on the phone. He has yet to deny that. I followed the direction on his website and this forum that it was OK to call on Monday to place an order, and I got a tongue lashing. A simple apology would be all it would take and I would forget all about this and would do business with him again. Just not on monday!

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, PLEASE, Mustang Justin: if I am lying, PLEASE, PLEASE REFUSE THE SHIPMENT, return to sender, for a full and complete refund. (THEN your post will be true and accurate in EVERY detail.)

Jon, I'm going to take you up on this. I received the package on Friday in my mail box. I was not able to refuse shipment like you stated.

I will post the tracking number today after I drop the package off this afternoon. Yes it will cost me a little money for the shipment, but I want to make sure in your eyes that my post was true and accurate in EVERY detail.

Thanks,
Justin

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo3150
I called Jon on Monday to order a Full Belanger exhaust, he told me that he was pretty busy and asked if I could call back. I'ts no big deal, I called the next day talked to Jon for a few and ordered my full Belanger exhaust ...... I will have a full corsa 3 inch track exhaust with the Random Tech SHF cats for sale. I bought new from JonB for 2,035.00 will sell shipped for 1,500.00 has less than 200 miles on the exhaust. Came off a 2006 coupe

Thanks Andy, and Ill mention your system to NEW buyers til we get it sold.
OK, Andy, I Did sell your take-off system for you, to a guy pricing same new system.
When you get the Belangers (ships tomorrow) save the boxes to pack the used system.
Ill refund your card for the "trade in" of your old system. And we even did it on a Monday!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon, I'm going to take you up on this. I received the package on Friday in my mail box. I was not able to refuse shipment like you stated.

What I also stated was 'return to sender' . We used priority MAIL, so as long as you did not OPEN it, { the PO calls it 'changing the aspect' } just write "REFUSED-RTS" or RETURN TO SENDER and the PO should bring it back to us at no cost to you. CIRCLE OUR RETURN ADDRESS and CROSS OUT YOURS.

You'll get a 100% prompt refund, including the shipping you paid us.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang