Junkman @ Thompson Racing 16OCT2010!

Are You Attending This Clinic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all for a terrific clinic! I'm sorry I had to leave before AJ's wet-sanding grand finale. Very informative, and I know everyone left there knowing a bit more about how to properly clean and detail a car.

Thanks to Eric and all the guys at the shop for hosting, and the pizza and drinks. Good times and good people.

Scott

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna thank all you guys who came out too! What a blast. I have some pictures for you all so I'll start another thread and share. We will definitely have to do this again in the spring. Talk is already in the works. :2tu:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AJ is always entertaining. Vince the Sham-wow guy ain't got nuthin' on him.

AJ, hopefully the next time you see the Superbee, it will be more up to your standards. I learned alot, now just have to implement it.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I had a good time meeting some VCA members and learning from A. J. When my car arrives, I'll be able to assess the condition and know what actions to take.
Thanks to the Thompson guys for hosting and for the pizza and drinks.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AJ is always entertaining. Vince the Sham-wow guy ain't got nuthin' on him.

AJ, hopefully the next time you see the Superbee, it will be more up to your standards. I learned alot, now just have to implement it.

I just wish that I had some time to work on it. I can make the Bee pop!

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well folks, I got to meet and shake hands with some more forum members and put on another detailing clinic. Eric of Thompson Racing held the event in his fabulous shop, which housed and array of interesting items. From "Bret" the pet boa constrictor to the transport rig that was bigger than my house, I was blown away at how nice his shop is. The automotive industry has come a long way from the greasy floors and toxic smells that I grew up experiencing.

Eric also treated me to the sites and scenes of Philadelphia like I have never experienced. Eric is a young man and he enjoys life to the fullest. I got to see the party scene and meet a bevy of ladies, a Junkman "must do prerequisite" wherever I go. :D

Enough of the gab, lets check out some pics. When I arrived, Eric treated me to the Prince of Steaks. A REAL cheese steak sandwich in a old school diner setting!

You must be registered for see images

Me getting my cheese steak on!

When I got to the shop, something immediately caught my attention. His name was Bret.

... but he turned out to be a big ol' softy. He was looking at me funny though!

They had some sweet rides in that shop. Eric's brother had this Cadillac that I would have loved to cruise. This puppy had "babe magnet" written all over it!

Then there was their rig that they use to transport their race car. Good Lord, that thing is huge and nice!

Alright, let's get to detailing! My subject for the detailing clinic was Eric's 2008 Viper convertible. This thing has a V-10 engine in it and pulls like a enraged gorilla! I bet we hit 150Mph coming from the airport! :drool:

Now one thing about a picture of a car, you can hide a lot of flaws by shooting it in the right light and from a distance. But you all know me. If I want to see what the paint looks like, I really look at the paint. Here's what the flash test revealed, and this was taken after I washed the car. Keep in mind that this is Eric's daily driver and he drives the hell out of it so perfect, it will not be:

Class was in!

So on with the clinic I went. After showing the proper wash and paint correction techniques, I brought everyone in close to inspect the paint. Jere's what it looked like:

I also did a little wet sanding on a Camaro with a scratch that was really bothering a forum member. It was however, no match for my sandpaper!

At the clinic, I chose my "detailing darling of the day!" She was so attentive, that I think she'll be out-detailing her boyfriend (who just so happened to own that Camaro I was wet sanding on). If he does anything wrong in his detailing process, I can rest assured that she will let him know. I would try to spell her name, but I'll probably butcher it all up so just enjoy her cuteness! :D

Eric to me out on the town Saturday night but that's a whole different thread! I'll just say that The Junkman does not have a short man's complex. The longer the legs, the happier I am. Gotta love a point guard! :D

The Junkman

OP
OP
T

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for showing up. We had some fancy cars in the parking lot! Also, it was good to put faces with names.

AJ was great, as usual and will def. be back in the spring. Hopefully everyone learned a lot about how to properly clean and maintain your car.

If anyone has anymore questions or wants to stop by, we are usually there nights and weekends.

And AJ is def. over-exagerating. We barely went over 65mph. The Viper just feels fast compared to a Vette!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456