Just Purchased my 2002 RT 10

Theeonlybatman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hello All:
Just purchased my 2002 RT10 on Tuesday. Drove it home in the pouring rain....nothing like testing it out on the way home.
She only 15k on the miles, but i can tell the care for her was not what it should have been. Weather stripping is starting to rot and the "toupee" top needs to repair and cleaning. BUt... that all being said...
I AM SO EXCITED to finally own one of these cars!!!! Has been a car i have always wanted but never thought i would actually own.

My GF is just as excited as i am and says "...heck yeah i like it...i get to ride in a VIPER!!!"

Look forward to many days on the road as she will be my daily driver.

They make em to drive em right? You want to own a model, then go to a hobby shop.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats

'02 rt's are great cars

read up on the forum, fine for dd but they have personality that you need to be aware of like cold tires, don't let people lean on open doors......that's about it :D

:drive:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great decision! The RT/10 is a blast to drive. Remember that with the top off and the back glass out, it is in a league by itself for driving fun!

Lots of threads on caring for your Viper are to be found on this site. Take the threads about old tires seriously...fresh rubber is your friend with these cars.

01rt10outlaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the new car, picked mine up in St Louis and drove it home to Dallas area three years ago in the rain too.... what a ride !
enjoy getting to know her !!
p.s. just stripped mine black ...looks awesome !

OP
OP
T

Theeonlybatman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the welcoming.

I am traveling for three weeks for work and the car is sitting after only two days of bein able to drive her.

Cannot wait to get home and take her out.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove mine home from Virginia to Michigan in the rain on old tires. Knowing what I know now I'm surprised we made it.
Enjoy it, you earned it.