Just sent rims out

rsviper94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just sent my Gen 1 rims out to Cal Chrome get chromed, was going to get a set of aftermarket but just could not pull the trigger. John at Cal Chrome was great to deal with and the price was excellent, I am having him mount a new set of Kuhmos on the rear also, can't wait to get them back!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
What is the est time to have them back ? what is the car sitting on now while you wait, floor jacks ? I want to do the same just seems like so much of a pain to go through. Im sure you will be :laugh: when they get back !

OP
OP
R

rsviper94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is sitting on jack stands. ETA should be a couple of weeks, 3 to 4 days to ship from Illinois about 6 days to chrome and 3 to 4 days to ship back. The shipping was really the only hard part, I had my back tires removed and then boxed the rims, on the fronts I left the tires on and covered the face of the rims with cardboard and then shrink wrapped it to the tire(Johns idea). If I would of been smart I would of done the same thing to the back, even though the fronts weighed more with the tires they charged me more to ship the backs because the size of the box. I wanted Cal chrome to remount the tires after chroming because I have not found anyone that I can really trust in Champaign to mount them(another story).

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
thanks, I get cranky about going through all the effort then more cranky when I look at the cost of new say HRE's, such problems. Then I just go for a spin and get un cranky !!!! Do post pics when you get em back !! ;)

OP
OP
R

rsviper94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean,I kept going back and forth between the chrome and purners, just could not put $3000 in rims and then the cost of the new tires on top of that. Since I plan on buying a GTS in the future I decided on the cheap route, just could not stand the painted rims any longer. I will post pics as soon as they get back.

Clown Shoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my 95 wheels chromed at cal chrome and was very pleased with the outcome. John crew did an outstanding job.

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey,

What is the charge to have them chromed. I have a 1994 and am thinking of doing the same.

Thanks,
Paul :2tu:

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that's what they say about 2 weeks, but i'm sure you will be waiting longer than that, we dealed with them before, they are nice guys and great work....

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VenomBlue is correct. Most places say 7 to 10 days and it ends up being much longer.

I just sent my wheels off too. I really like the factory 18" wheels. I did not want to drop over 5 grand on a set of HREs that might end up breaking on the track.

CalChrome wanted $175 + $25 center cap = $800 + shipping there.

So I sent mine to Al Reed Polishing in Anaheim CA. They are $500 total. I will post pictures.

If you belong to a local club, there are normally a set of factory wheels that you can borrow for the month so that you are not down.

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place that chromes wheels in Florida? I need to get my Lamborghini wheels rechromed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte