Key Fob Question

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to replace the key fobs and keys for my '97 GTS. I lost one and busted the case on the other. I've been using my one spare key for awhile now, but haven't driven the car enough over the past few years to bother replacing. This might be a bit of a silly question, but what do I need in order to have the dealer replace these... VIN#...anything else?
confused.gif
Thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Call Chuck Tator...have him send two new fobs to you...read directions on programming in the Illustrated Upgrades" section posted by"Ron"...and do it yourself!!!

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to program one of mine for my 2000, but there is nothing in the Illustrated Upgrades? Maybe I have to be a paying member to see them? Any help on the instructions??? ;)

Thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It's there...bottom of page 3, including an update that covers your year.

I guess it's "pay to play" time!!! Seriously, there are TONS of benefits to being a VCA Member...including major parts discounts. I certainly have saved thousands of $$$$$$$.

Or, in a pinch, you could call sone of us who are a little less hard edged about same. :)

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's there...bottom of page 3, including an update that covers your year.

I guess it's "pay to play" time!!! Seriously, there are TONS of benefits to being a VCA Member...including major parts discounts. I certainly have saved thousands of $$$$$$$.

Or, in a pinch, you could call sone of us who are a little less hard edged about same. :)

I was a member last year, but due to family issues I haven't rejoined this year. I did like the discounts!

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a member and I need help reprogramming a new remote for a 97. Saw 3 different ways to do it and none of them worked. Please help.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
BigBadViper, did you see my answer in your recent post on this matter?

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/640024-re-programming-for-new-key-fob-for-96-GTS

Have you tried Ron's instructions? Did you then try to resync as I described? Two other things that do come to mind with your car: You may have a bad EEM...so, I must ask if your current fob works to lock doors and alarm car?? Did the fob work before HP modding done? After modding done?

You might benefit from calling someone and going thru programming steps again at that time.

Tom Sessions is "just down the road" from you.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw it. i will check it out tomorrow. I am running an AEM in my car, I have no clue what stock stuff is left.