keyless entry

HHH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my 2003 (auction), I got "a key".....no remote lock/unlock fob. I'm guessing I have remote lock/unlock capability, but how can I tell for sure? i.e. Where would I look for the receiver? I talked w/ the Dodge dealer by phone, and they said to bring it in. If I have the receiver, they will sell me a transmitter fob (about $75?), but then they said they would have to charge me a couple of hours labor to program it. I hate to sound suspicious, but that seems a little excessive on the labor. What's the usual procedure on something like this? Is there an after market transmitter that I can order & program myself (assuming I have the receiver of course)?

HHH

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
may i suggest taking your "key" and your car into the dealer and have them look at it?

i think i understand your question, but right now we have no way of knowing if you are truly an owner or not (you are seen as an enthusiast on this forum), and you seem to be asking for information from our membership that could jeapardize the security of all our cars. we all have to be careful about what information we are giving out in a public forum.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as I understand it. You have to have a dealer program the key. I would say call a second dealer for a qoute or of course just call Chuck.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HHH: If you are a Viper Owner, why not PM your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean to UPGRADE you to Viper Owner? Hence dispelling BIG's legitimate worries. ~juli

OP
OP
H

HHH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point. I didn't realize I was still showing to be a non-owner. The title is at the office, so I'll probably get around to that tomorrow. I appreciate the concern.....particularly regarding this topic.

By the way, I gave the parts guy at the dealership the VIN today, and he said my car does have remote opener capability. He also said something about an expensive ignition key & a less expensive key. He said, according to the VIN, I had the less expensive version. So, I guess I'm lucky in that respect?

I'll try to get reclassified as "one of the guys" tomorrow so I can continue to ask my dumb questions.....gotta start somewhere.

HHH

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point. I didn't realize I was still showing to be a non-owner. The title is at the office, so I'll probably get around to that tomorrow. I appreciate the concern.....particularly regarding this topic.
By the way, I gave the parts guy at the dealership the VIN today, and he said my car does have remote opener capability. He also said something about an expensive ignition key & a less expensive key. He said, according to the VIN, I had the less expensive version. So, I guess I'm lucky in that respect?
I'll try to get reclassified as "one of the guys" tomorrow so I can continue to ask my dumb questions.....gotta start somewhere.
HHH

Remember, there ARE no dumb questions...just questions left unasked~!!! ~juli
Remember, just forward your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean, and they'll UPGRADE ya to Viper Owner as soon as you get your VIN# and pm it to them! :2tu:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HHH give me a call. Also join the VCA! :cool:

You'll still need to go to a Dealer for programing BUT it only takes 5 mins to program the FOB's! :nunu:

Chuck
914-763-3136

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang