Kicker speakers and Dead Pedal installed

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pics of the doors with the OEM speakers but here's some before and after the dead pedal. You can see the Kickers speakers in the doors.

BEFORE
3_21_09_048.JPG

3_21_09_049.JPG

3_21_09_051.JPG

AFTER
3_21_09_054.JPG

3_21_09_055.JPG

3_21_09_056.JPG

vipervegas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed those same speakers in my GTS, I was wondering if the dead pedal gets in your way of using the clutch. Whre did you get it?

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it will but I haven't driven it yet. . I'll be testing it out on the Gateway cruise tomorrow. GTSR-001 has the dead pedals.

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it. How was the install on the speakers. Are you running and aftermarket amp?

The speakers literally took 15 minutes from start to finish. 3 screws to remove the stock speaker and cut the speaker wires. Attach the new speaker wires with wire connectors and screw the new speaker in. The speaker covers snap into place. Just be sure to note which color wire is pos and which is negative to keep polarity. Couldn't be any easier.:2tu:

I still have the stock head unit and amp.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I tried to swap the stock speakers out I got a lot of crackling and popping
I even had an aftermarket head unit
I've heard the stock amp runs on a different ohm load so it doesn't work with aftermarket speakers

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it will but I haven't driven it yet. . I'll be testing it out on the Gateway cruise tomorrow. GTSR-001 has the dead pedals.

I'm curious to know how these work out for you. I always had the impression that the dead pedal would be in the way and/or make it a bit cramp next to the clutch. :dunno:

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What model Kickers?

KS-600s. They sounds great. No crackle, no noises except good music.:2tu:

I'm curious to know how these work out for you. I always had the impression that the dead pedal would be in the way and/or make it a bit cramp next to the clutch. :dunno:

Initial impression is that I am not sure if I'll keep the dead pedal in or not. It is pretty cramped down there and it does take some getting used to. I'll give it some more seat time before I decide for sure.:smirk:

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those interested in a more comprehensive upgrade for their door speakers, Kicker makes a set of component speakers (separate tweeter and midrange woofer) with the same three-hole mount as the full-range KS600, model KS60.2. You have to take the door panels off to replace the tweeter and mount the crossover, but while you're at it, you can vastly improve midbass response by laying some vibration damper on the backside of the panels...

Stock speakers are 4 ohm front, 6 ohm rear. You shouldn't have any problems replacing the rears with 4 ohm subwoofers (I did a few months ago, and have been running them off the stock amplifier up until this week). 6 ohms is a not-very-common load, and most amps can handle a range of impedances anyway (usually, down to 4 ohms stereo/2 ohms mono for multi-channel amps).

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never listen to the radio but was miffed that there was no dead pedal. If you track drive you get thrown around pretty well inside the car bracing your left knee against the door. One of the first things I did was install 5 points which solved the problem. I don't drive hard enough on the street to need a dead pedal or the harness and I check the radio once a year in the spring to see if it works. GTS Bruce

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there and step by step for pulling the door panels? That would be a great help. What would be a good 6ohm rear speaker to add to this set up?

Last edited:

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a six-ohm car speaker aside from the two I pulled out of the car. You should be able to replace it with either a four-ohm or eight-ohm. With the higher impedance of the eight ohm speaker, however, the amplifier will not be driving as much power to each speaker.

If you're looking to replace the rear speakers with full-range, any 4-ohm 6 1/2" or 6 3/4" (6 1/8" bolt circle diameter) speaker will do. If you want to replace them with subwoofers to retain a stock-ish setup, find a 6 1/2" sub. Kicker, JL, Lanzar, and MB Quart each make one in that size.

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RED SNAKE, how is that pillar pod as far as clearance for your fingers when you are driving? I plan on purchasing one for an 2 gauges, but looking at your first picture you posted it looks like a very tight area for your fingers. Do you have any "in seat" pictures that would show clearance room?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine