Learn to Park

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry if you take up more than one space you are begging to be keyed

Begging no, should get it, yes. Sorry but we all drive on the same roads and know how to drive. Common sense tells you that taking 2 spots is asinine. Along those lines parking too close to another car renders the same warrant. I have had people parked so close that I had to get in the passenger side. Maybe those thousand dollar repairs will wake them up, or if not compile them multiple times and they will get it. Park far away, its worth the walk.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong guys, I love the viper, but for me @ 6'6" i don't really fit all that well. The 911 works well for me I can move the seat back all the way and still gives me room. I own the 911 as I am a fan of the history of the car and it racing heritage. Very much like you are with the viper. I like how the viper is a head turner it stands out among all cars on the road, initially that is what drew me to the blue one at Target while I was driving around looking for a spot to park. You just don’t see too many on the road which gives it some exclusivity to the brand. I know the parking spot wasn't handicapped, but if he wasn’t parked in two spots I would have been able to park closer to the front for my daughter. Too know the limitations of one’s car i would think he would have parked were it wouldn't piss off a great number of shoppers during a busy Saturday, If he needs more room to open the door then fine, park where it is easier to do so, not like this. Common sense tells you to be a little more considerate. I did see the guy and his girlfriend leave and from what i could tell from a first impression without talking to him he could have cared less if i came up to him and asked why he parked the way he did. Now taking the 911 to Target, I always do, unless my daughter is with me then the wheel chair won't fit and I need the Navigator to take the wheelchair along. And before anyone says anything, I am considerate of parking my large SUV in parking spots. If there are smaller cars near me or other large SUVS when my daughter isn’t with I make sure to leave room or park so that I am not blocking someone from getting into their car. The last thing I want to do is get my car damaged because someone couldn’t get into theirs. My hopes of posting here was to get the attention of the guy who parked like this and be more considerate, besides myself there were a number of customers taking pictures and bringing them to store management. By the time something was done the guy had left and everything was back to normal. My intention was not to upset anyone here, it was only to grab the attention of this one owner who I couldn’t talk to then. I know that one person is not a good representation of all owners but its people like this that give the rest a bad name. I am sure there are a number of Porsche drivers that fit into this, I just was reading a story on Autoblog, or Jalopnik about a 911 A$$hat who parked in a Handicap spot and that made me mad as well. So I am not singling out anyone person or brand just venting over this one person.
So you just registered here to yell at some random tool?
If you are that pissed at him, why not double-park his *** and deal with him when you're done at the mall? He saved two spaces for ya.

In truth, the person you're looking for probably isn't on this forum. These folks are kind, decent, respectful people with a passion for driving America's fastest production vehicle.
The goof you're looking for is probably on The Alley.
$5 says there's a thread over there entitled, "Check out my sweet parking job this weekend!"

Oh, and the RETURN key is your FRIEND.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OP's motivation for posting aside, parking like that is just bad form. All it does is make sports car owners, and in this case Viper owners, look like self absorbed a-holes. As you can see from the picture, Target has provided generous room in their parking spaces. There's no reason to park that way. People are becoming more and more narcissistic by the day.

I've seen the car numerous times this summer. It's a twin turbo that came from Texas. Haven't met the owner but I've met the guys who are "tuning" on it. They don't know who built it. :confused:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you take up two spots like that you deserve to get keyed. Its ignorant and totally makes you out to be "better" than everyone else. I cant stand coming out to a parking lot and seeing any car double parked. If there isnt room or the spots are small then park far away. I always park at the far end of the lot where nobody else is. People are inherently lazy and will not park beside me simply because its too far to walk and I always make sure I am right in between the lines so nobody gets the impression I think I'm better than them for owning a Viper.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you take up two spots like that you deserve to get keyed.

I have to strongly disagree with you and the others that think this way. Damaging someone's property? Seriously?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only azzholes park like that. Worried about your car? Then park far away from the front of the store. Probably a fat slob that could use the exercise. GTS Bruce

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you take up two spots like that you deserve to get keyed.

I have to strongly disagree with you and the others that think this way. Damaging someone's property? Seriously?

That is what I am saying. Maybe on the East Coast and up in Calgary people behave that way, but wow you get caught and in this day and age someone my use the exact same thinking that someone who damages a poor defenseless car should be punished via nice permanent "keying" scar on their face. What the f--k is wrong with you people?

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will always park far away from anyone else unless i know who I am parking next to. Years ago a good friend of mine had just got his camero painted and went to a movie with his wife. He took up 2 spots. when he came out someone had ran across his hood,over the cab and down the trunk of the car. He drew attention to his car and a hater got him.(took place in Stockton Mexi-fornia)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cars get keyed all the time. People have different priorities and values. Some people don't think twice about scraping a little paint off the side of someone's car. It's just a car...right. Taking two spots is ignorant and inconsiderate and not wise if you like your car. The guy who posted this is overzealous and annoying.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I'm with friends in a ***** car and someone is double parked, we squeeeeze in right beside them. I don't give a crap, your an idiot parked like a *****. We got out the driver side, came back 30 minutes later, the guy was chilling on back of his car smoking a cig pulled up one spot waiting for us. He saw the 3 of us, didn't say anything but mumbled something and walked away. Yeah, what? Gonna tell us not to park so close to your car? Don't park in another spot then.

I yell at my mom for taking two spots in her Vette. Telling her this is good way to get keyed. I park normal in my Viper, far away. I don't mind walking, lets me admire my car longer before I get in. Each step wondering if my battery had died... =( hahah

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Mom is handicapped, my ex-father-in-law was handicapped, I'd never park any of my cars in a handicapped spot and say something to anyone who parks there without a tag. I'm not thrilled when I see an able-bodied person using the tag and spot, when the person who's handicapped isn't with them; but I usually don't say anything.

I know it annoyed me when my ex-wife would take her Dad's tag and car and park right up front....its not the reason we divorced, but I did lose a lot of respect for her when she repeatedly did that.

I hope it wasn't the Viper owner who parked in the handicapped spot, but someone in his family who will hopefully grow up.

Regards,
Aaron

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually just spit on the windshield or the door handle...keying seems over the top, but whatever gets the message across is fine by me ;).

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No car should ever be keyed but if you park that way you are inviting that behavior. Like many have stated here, it makes you seem like a self absorbed ****. I would park far away or not park there at all. I respect peoples property too much to key a car but the person taking up 2 spaces has no respect for anyone.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OP's motivation for posting aside, parking like that is just bad form. All it does is make sports car owners, and in this case Viper owners, look like self absorbed a-holes.

This^^

Check my sig....it was me!:lmao:

I don't know how many of you track on a regular basis, but I often have to fight the 'another clown in a viper' stereotype anytime I run with a new group. Same concept here, other owners having to fight the idiot label since they didn't consider those around them. (I tried to leave out that it's usually an elitist Porsche or BMW driver the comments come from until I've blown their doors off for the day).

As for OP modivation, dude, all of us get hosed by inconsiderate dirtbags everyday. Sorry it happened to be a Viper owner and if you thought posting this would earn you any gratification at all more power to you. Leave the guy a note next time.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not condoning the parking, but i agree that the OP needs to get a life, and unless they plan on actually contributing something worthwhile to our community in future posts, needs to pi*s off.

If every time that someone wanted to blow off some steam here you came along and dissed them and told them how worthless they are, this site would see the membership reflect that attitude.

Yes, you are a man for telling the OP off, but every member here has used the forum to get something off his or her chest. To tell this guy who is obviously reporting on something Viper to piss off, is arrogant on behalf of the club.

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont see any problem with that. The wheelbase of the viper is wider than the average car and the doors have to be swung all the way open as it is difficult to get out with the deep/wide sidsills which is the main reason i sometimes take up two spaces. It depend on the lot though. Some have much wider spots than others, and some of these newer lots have such tight spots i think that Everyone has a right to doublepark:) If there is a spot in the front of a shopping cntr i usually take it because; a. its convenient, and b. people like to look at the car. I like coming out and having a few people looking at it and telling them: "Its open, have a seat to see how she feals". I do not park in handicapped spots except for one bar that i frequent that has two handyspots in front that are never used from 10pm to 2am, so the owner dosnt mind if i park there to show off the Viper as it is good for his business. My friend has a dually truck and also frequently takes u two spaces. This is a courtesy to other peoples vehicles in the lot, it saves them from having to worry about dinging someone’s vehicle or in some cases not even being able to get out of their vehicle.

I do understand your point of view though. A large percentage of people sees something like that and immediately the hater comes out and assumes whatever makes them feal like they are a better person than the snobby sportscar owner. Its just how it is. On the other hand, If i was walking out to the viper and you saw me and asked me why i took up two spots i would have explained why, then you prob would have asked me more about the viper and i would have told you how much hard work it took for me to get it, how i maintain it myself, take it on racetracks, shows, daily drive it. Then i would have asked you all about your 911 as i am a true car guy to the fullest and would like to know everything about it. Then id convince you to come to a trackday if youve never been to one.

Then you would have walked away from the situation with a completely diff attitude towards Viper owners:)

That is a long winded reply to justify the rules are for everybody except me!

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never been more ashamed of being a Viper owner than after reading Doms post... I can only hope that I'm being naive and that he is only joking about parking like that is OK and parking in a handicapped spot is OK because his car is pretty and people like to look at it!!!

You're joking right???

That is a long winded reply to justify the rules are for everybody except me!

I dont see any problem with that. The wheelbase of the viper is wider than the average car and the doors have to be swung all the way open as it is difficult to get out with the deep/wide sidsills which is the main reason i sometimes take up two spaces. It depend on the lot though. Some have much wider spots than others, and some of these newer lots have such tight spots i think that Everyone has a right to doublepark:) If there is a spot in the front of a shopping cntr i usually take it because; a. its convenient, and b. people like to look at the car. I like coming out and having a few people looking at it and telling them: "Its open, have a seat to see how she feals". I do not park in handicapped spots except for one bar that i frequent that has two handyspots in front that are never used from 10pm to 2am, so the owner dosnt mind if i park there to show off the Viper as it is good for his business. My friend has a dually truck and also frequently takes u two spaces. This is a courtesy to other peoples vehicles in the lot, it saves them from having to worry about dinging someone’s vehicle or in some cases not even being able to get out of their vehicle.

I do understand your point of view though. A large percentage of people sees something like that and immediately the hater comes out and assumes whatever makes them feal like they are a better person than the snobby sportscar owner. Its just how it is. On the other hand, If i was walking out to the viper and you saw me and asked me why i took up two spots i would have explained why, then you prob would have asked me more about the viper and i would have told you how much hard work it took for me to get it, how i maintain it myself, take it on racetracks, shows, daily drive it. Then i would have asked you all about your 911 as i am a true car guy to the fullest and would like to know everything about it. Then id convince you to come to a trackday if youve never been to one.

Then you would have walked away from the situation with a completely diff attitude towards Viper owners:)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong guys, I love the viper, but for me @ 6'6" i don't really fit all that well. The 911 works well for me I can move the seat back all the way and still gives me room. I own the 911 as I am a fan of the history of the car and it racing heritage. Very much like you are with the viper. I like how the viper is a head turner it stands out among all cars on the road, initially that is what drew me to the blue one at Target while I was driving around looking for a spot to park. You just don’t see too many on the road which gives it some exclusivity to the brand. I know the parking spot wasn't handicapped, but if he wasn’t parked in two spots I would have been able to park closer to the front for my daughter. Too know the limitations of one’s car i would think he would have parked were it wouldn't piss off a great number of shoppers during a busy Saturday, If he needs more room to open the door then fine, park where it is easier to do so, not like this. Common sense tells you to be a little more considerate. I did see the guy and his girlfriend leave and from what i could tell from a first impression without talking to him he could have cared less if i came up to him and asked why he parked the way he did. Now taking the 911 to Target, I always do, unless my daughter is with me then the wheel chair won't fit and I need the Navigator to take the wheelchair along. And before anyone says anything, I am considerate of parking my large SUV in parking spots. If there are smaller cars near me or other large SUVS when my daughter isn’t with I make sure to leave room or park so that I am not blocking someone from getting into their car. The last thing I want to do is get my car damaged because someone couldn’t get into theirs. My hopes of posting here was to get the attention of the guy who parked like this and be more considerate, besides myself there were a number of customers taking pictures and bringing them to store management. By the time something was done the guy had left and everything was back to normal. My intention was not to upset anyone here, it was only to grab the attention of this one owner who I couldn’t talk to then. I know that one person is not a good representation of all owners but its people like this that give the rest a bad name. I am sure there are a number of Porsche drivers that fit into this, I just was reading a story on Autoblog, or Jalopnik about a 911 A$$hat who parked in a Handicap spot and that made me mad as well. So I am not singling out anyone person or brand just venting over this one person.

Of course you dont park your car like this. A porshe 911 is just a reguler everyday car that you see old women driving or 20 year olds..Basically a more expensive base model corvette with less than base model corvette performance..

With that said. I agree that it is wrong to take up two parking spaces. the pnly time I will kinda do it is if I know their is a wall next to the parking spot and I will park in the spot next to it with my car maybe 6 inches into the lane by the wall so that you would have to squeeze between my car and the wall..I know i know thats not right as well but so far it always works and no one wants to go through the trouble. plus I park far away and walkj as well,

But to take up two spaces like that in the front because you THINK your car is somehow special...Done get me wrong..I love the Viper..ut at 75-110 K from the late 90's till present day it isnt exactly a Bugatti or Enzo were you can get away with this type of parking..

I know for a fact most cops would defiently ticket that guy..But by the time they would come he'd be gone. Really in this world you can do a lot of wrong things and get away with it 99% of the time...

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all about parking psychology, my Viper Brothers. You all know what I am taking about.

You find the least offensive neighbor, with the most room between their car and yours. You take the end spot so you have room to cheat over, or the spot next to the handicap striped area (not directly next to a handicap spot). You avoid the minivans which are likely to have lots of kids or a Mom struggling with a carseat (unless it has a sliding door which is a plus). An SUV with scrapes and curb rash means the 5'2" Mom can't see squanto out the windows. You avoid the Buicks and Caddy sedans, as the cataract crowd gives not a crap about your car. You find a car someone would be anal over, and not hit you with. You park on the passenger side, as there is not always a passenger but always a driver. Sometimes you back in so you can get maximum room for your door and inch over as far as possible the other way. Right?

And if you go to these efforts (and I think a lot of you do), why would you go the other extreme? Taking two spots A) attracts attention and B) ****** people off. The OP is a case in point. He is **********. Enough to post here in his passive-aggressive way :D So if this dude gets keyed, it wouldn't surprise me. Is it right, or "should" someone do it? No, but this is the real world we live in. People do that sort of thing. So get used to it. Personally, I wouldn't shed a tear.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you came up to me and tried explaning that, I'd laugh right in your face and say that was the dumbest thing I have ever heard of and that you sound like a little girl that thinks they are better than everyone. You and your pompus attitude are what gives us Viper owners a bad name. If you are going to double park, don't do it right in front of the store...thats a ***** move.

Why weren’t you driving the 911? Is it too good for the Target parkinglot? Does your 911 sit in the garage pampered just begging to be taken to a racetrack where it can run free, but you keep it locked up in the garage all prettied-up because it looks too good to drive.

SEE, I Too can assume alot:rolaugh:

Wow, you are entertaining. After all that BS that just you just spewed, you are going to accuse him of this. Maybe he doesn't drive his Porsche alot because his handicapped daughter requires most of his time. You are a ***** dude. Sell your Viper because you don't deserve one.

anonomous are you serious? You signed up to this forum so you could ***** about the way someone parked a Viper? My gawd man you need to get a life ASAP. And what does having a "handicapped" daughter with you have anything to do with it? What am I missing here?

And you guys that say a car should be scratched with a key because istparks stoopidly need to move to new towns. That is just a horrible thought. A multi-thousand dollar repair is proper punishment for being a parking d-bag where you live? Seriously? I'm thinking you must not have conceal permits where you are.

This has to be one of the most disturbing posts I have seen on this forum in the six years I have been here.

I do agree with this in that the poster came on here just to post about this. But, I don't really think his intentions were hostile. He didn't come off like that in any of his posts even after he was grilled.

I also agree in that no one deserves to get keyed, especially not in that car. Had I seen that guy, I would have made it clear that he was a POS for parking like that that close, but I would never think he deserved to be keyed either.

As far as disturbing posts go, that concealed statement was kinda disturbing! You made it sound like if someone keyed your car, that would give you the right to pull a gun on them! I have had my CCW license for 8 years and I can tell you that is NOT what it is for.

On a side note, your silver GTS is beautiful! I have passed the word around at work for you! GLWS.

Finally, to the OP. I understand your concern for parking like that. But the best thing to do in this case, is to just ignore it and move on. Unfortunately, there are jerks everywhere...no matter what car they drive.

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im pretty impressed he found two spots open at the same time that close to the door. I bet he saw it at the same time as someone else and slid in sideways to beat his competition to the spot. Then he was forced to take up two spots cause after the e-brake slide he had to play it off like any viper owner would.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you are entertaining. After all that BS that just you just spewed, you are going to accuse him of this. Maybe he doesn't drive his Porsche alot because his handicapped daughter requires most of his time. You are a ***** dude. Sell your Viper because you don't deserve one.

That was a hypothetical comment. I was making a point that you obviously didnt get.
Also: with my first post i was simply pointing out all the reasons i could think of that i would want to take up two spots to inform the OP that there could be a reason other than someon being an A-hole. After re-reading it it Does sound like i was making excuses why I doublepark(like kblake905 said) when in fact, i dont remember the last time i doubleparked any car besides at carshows when everyone spaces out as needed. My bad.
You are over-reacting with the negative comments towards me.:nono:
Have a nice day, Go out for a drive andrelax:drive:

Nice take Proshop, the classic AceVentura parking job:rolaugh: ....like a glove.
some comic relief:
YouTube - Ace Ventura - "Like a glove" Scene
and
YouTube - ace ventura - like a glove

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You find the least offensive neighbor, with the most room between their car and yours. You take the end spot so you have room to cheat over, or the spot next to the handicap striped area (not directly next to a handicap spot). You avoid the minivans which are likely to have lots of kids or a Mom struggling with a carseat (unless it has a sliding door which is a plus). An SUV with scrapes and curb rash means the 5'2" Mom can't see squanto out the windows. You avoid the Buicks and Caddy sedans, as the cataract crowd gives not a crap about your car. You find a car someone would be anal over, and not hit you with. You park on the passenger side, as there is not always a passenger but always a driver. Sometimes you back in so you can get maximum room for your door and inch over as far as possible the other way. Right?

And if you go to these efforts (and I think a lot of you do), why would you go the other extreme? Taking two spots A) attracts attention and B) ****** people off. The OP is a case in point. He is **********. Enough to post here in his passive-aggressive way :D So if this dude gets keyed, it wouldn't surprise me. Is it right, or "should" someone do it? No, but this is the real world we live in. People do that sort of thing. So get used to it. Personally, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Cop Magnet gets the "Most Intelligent Post" award for this thread...well done. :usa:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as disturbing posts go, that concealed statement was kinda disturbing! You made it sound like if someone keyed your car, that would give you the right to pull a gun on them! I have had my CCW license for 8 years and I can tell you that is NOT what it is for.

On a side note, your silver GTS is beautiful! I have passed the word around at work for you! GLWS.

Given the outrageous number of posters in this thread who think this d-bag parker's car should be keyed/injured to teach him a lesson, I think you will understand that some folks (IIRC you can defend personal property with deadly force in Texas???) - especially if a bit of liquor has been injected into the mix - might think that if they catch one of these a-holes keying their car they are entitled to escalate the situation, and given the power of the NRA lobby (for example here in Arizona we no longer need a permit to conceal carry) and the prevalence of deadly weapons that there is a distinct possibility that if you are **** enough to key someone's car you could pay a ridiculous price for the offense. Stranger things have happens for a lot less meaningful reasons. Absolutely not condoned by me - as "keying" one's car is not condoned by me. The fact that there is even a verb of "keying" one's car is disgusting to me.

As far as selling my car goes, thank you for the positive thoughts. I need them as no one seems to want this car and I certainly don't want it any longer.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one who has posted in this thread really knows why the Viper is parked where it is parked. Any of the following are possible:

1. The car is broken down and the owner left it there to be towed later.

2. The car belongs to the manager of the store and he parks it there everyday and everybody in the center and who shops there knows same and are good with it. ( That's why it is close and two spaces were available.)

3. It appears to be detailed. The rims are spotless. Perhaps it was just part of a photoshoot.

4. The driver pulled into the center and had a ***** movement emergency requiring him or her to park fast and run for the toilet.

The bottom line is that many above harshly judged a fellow Viper owner without having all of the facts. As for keying a car, anyone who does so should be prosecuted. It is a crime. A note can be left on the windshield assuming that doing so will not set off an alarm.

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking up two spots in front is not right !! It gives a "holier than thou" attitude. This type of parking indicates to me that the driver is a d**k regardless of the vehicle he is driving. Parking out in the boonies(I mean boonies) taking up a spot and a half, and getting exercies is what I do. My DD (300SRTdesign) is 30 months old and no dings what so ever. My daughter says when I get my FE and head to a mall, she's going to follow me to give me a ride to the front door cause they don't have buses that travel that far.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty impressed he found two spots open at the same time that close to the door.

It's that "Minnesota nice" thing. If you're able bodied, you park farther away and let the people who need it park near the front. :D

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I couldn't agree with Anonomous any more. The viper owner is a D-Bag for parking that way. Many Christmas ago there was a guy in a brand new Chevy Camaro that took 2 spaces like that at the mall, very close to the front. I passed by thinking, what a complete as*hole. When I left the mall later someone had placed a shopping cart on his hood. Hate to say it but he deserved it and I laughed and laughed and laughed.