Leather Seat wear from seat belt??

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this might sound a bit anal, but I noticed on the 2006 Srt-10 Gen III Viper seats that the seat belt comes right over on the leather seat ( driver left shoulder ) which I believe in a matter of time will make wear marks in the seat. On my Gen II it had seat belt loops that the belt rested in but the Gen III's don't. Any suggestions or all of you just going to let it "rip"? Thanks!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't noticed a problem on mine as of yet, I think you will probably have a bigger chance of having wear marks on the high spot of the bolster from getting in and out. By the way, are you joining us on the Covered bridge tour this Saturday??

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a set of custom seat belt pads from Jon B at Parts Rack:

Custom_Viper_Seat_Belt_Pads.jpg

I had an Autoform rollbar installed in mycar an noticed that after the install the OEM 3-point belt would tend to retract behind the seat which would make it difficult to reach once seated. The main function of the set abelt pads is to keep them in front of the seat for easy access. A side benefit is that the belts no longer rub directly on the leather of the seat, only the soft cloth padding from the seat belt pad.

/Rich

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea on the pads! Thanks! I'll check them out!

I was thinking about the covered bridge trip but it sounds like a little too much like off-roading with a viper. ( Dirt, dust and poop! ) I'll catch ya's on the next one hopefully! Have a great time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960