LED Tail lights ????

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the cockpit lights in the roof. They are dim as can be. Has anyone changed them to LED?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at the sider markers on the dodge viper, that same exact "clearance marker" can be purchased at walmart for$2.59 same SAE # and all, how cheesy as that, I'm gonna smoke mine and yes throw some leds in there!!!

Yes, since they look cheap I added the clear marker lenses from Klearz and I added a flat amber LED. Before I installed them, I sanded down the housing so I could recess/flat mount the new lense with the body. I was able to **** in the lense about 1/8", by doing that a flat LED is the only light that will work since a regualar bulb will be too tall.

Last week I decided to redo the housing. I glued in a piece of plastic over the stock bulb placement to "shave" the hole. I just sent them off to a company in Texas to have them sprayed chrome. I should get them back next week. :2tu:

And the best part about it, is they are doing them for free! :headbang:

How about the cockpit lights in the roof. They are dim as can be. Has anyone changed them to LED?

YES!!!! I replaced mine with some HIGH powered white LEDS, and it's like having HID for dome lights!

I'm out of town right now, but I will try to post pictures next week.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your filled with all the good knowledge on leds!!!!!! thanks so much

Thanks! I've spent enough money with them over the years I like to help others out when I find a good product with even better customer service!

If you "like" them on Facebook you can get discount codes to save anywhere from 10-25% off at different times.

I had to trouble shot when I started on my interior lighting, but I wanted to get it right and have everything matching. :2tu:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so if my counting is right I will only need six pairs if I add the different bulbs for the dome, speedo, tach, 4 gauged and dome lights and should cost only around $65....is this right?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so if my counting is right I will only need six pairs if I add the different bulbs for the dome, speedo, tach, 4 gauged and dome lights and should cost only around $65....is this right?

Dome is 1 pair.

License plate is 1 pair which is 168 bulb type.

2 pair of (74) for small dash gauges
2 V-LEDS 3 SMT HID WHITE WEDGE BASE DASH LIGHT BULBS 37 74

Speedo and tach 1 pair I think...
2 WHITE 5K SMT HIGH POWER LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

I picked everything as "Pure White 5000k" You can choose other colors of white, but I like 5k the best.

On the license plate lights, they sold out of the ones I bought, but I think these should work. Sometimes leds will only light one way so for the license plate lights you might have to buy 2 pairs to get both of them firing the same direction, if that makes sense?

2 HID 5K WHITE HIGH POWER PARKING 2 LED BULBS 194 168 158

If you need to know which bulbs, here is a guide.
OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES!!! They have a lot of choices! I just had to keep buying interior lights until I got the ones I liked the most. :crazy2: They can be expensive but this will help. :2tu:

3 pairs of taillights
2 RED 3157 V-LEDS M-SMT 27 LED BRAKE LIGHT BULBS 3156 4057 B/O

The 4 small gauges I used these.

2 V-LEDS 3 SMT HID WHITE WEDGE BASE DASH LIGHT BULBS 37 74

I think I also used another pair in the tach and the speedo because there are two different type bulbs.

Then for the speedo and tach I used these.

2 WHITE 5K SMT HIGH POWER LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

They have a lot of different colors, but 5k white looks the best IMO. You just can't beat the quality of leds once you see them.

To me it's more luxurious than "rice".

So I'm finally getting around to doing this but the bulbs in the link is sold out.

Are the tail lights CK or standard style? How does red bulbs look compared to white? I would think the white is brighter.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm finally getting around to doing this but the bulbs in the link is sold out.

Are the tail lights CK or standard style? How does red bulbs look compared to white? I would think the white is brighter.

Standard bulbs and not the CK's.

Red looks awesome!!! I have the 27 led bulbs in red for all 6 bulbs... so it's really bright!!! ;-)

You could always go with more leds per bulb but expect to pay 2 or 3 times that amount. You could do white but I think red is just as good. You could take out a bulb and shine a white led flashlight to see if you like it that way, I haven't tried it so I don't know. Hope that helps!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, old post...but has anyone done LED's for the tail lights and NOT had to do any extra work...just plug and play?

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, old post...but has anyone done LED's for the tail lights and NOT had to do any extra work...just plug and play?

I bought some plug and play off ebay and they represented as 10x brighter than oem, etc...I bought 6 and right off the bat 2 were completely defective and never turned on so I hooked up one side to compare with factory and the factory bulbs were way brighter so I just stuck with that oem, other members have had better success though...

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just did my Gen IV tail lights over the weekend, and it was completely plug and play.

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys, my viper is away for the winter so now my tinkering starts. i am starting on the amber side markers and rear markers. instead of starting new thread i thought id just piggy-back on this related one. how do i get the side markers/rear amber markers out? im planning on getting klearz replacements so also does anyone have the led equivelant of these ones?

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I REALLY like the look of the LED lights in the center on the rear , thanks for the pics!!! :) ---