Lee Dodge screwed me

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am venting here. Let me start by saying that Mike formerly of Lee Dodge is a good guy and I wish him well in his new endeavors. However, in late June, I shipped my 99 GTS over to Lee Dodge to have some speed stuff installed. My car sat there waiting for headers that took forever to show up. When I called Mike in early August, he told me had given notice and Lee Dodge told him not to do my car and instead do a S/C installation. They were going to put someone else on my car at a later date. I pulled my car out just this week. I was away when it was shipped home. THis morning I went out to it and noticed the windshield was cracked. I am going to go after Lee Dodge, but I am certain they are going to tell me to pound wood. So....it cost me $200 in flatbed charges and a probable new windshield to have my car sit at Lee Dodge for over a month having nothing done to it...grrrrrrrrrrrr. To say I am pi$$ed is an understatement. :mad:

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. But i'm really glad you had the Gaul to speak up and say something now. After talking with a good friend of mine I found out alot of "bad business" goes on all over, why? Because people don't speak up in fear of retaliation and what not. If more people spoke up general, dealers and tuners would both be forced to clean up their act for whatever they were involved in if the want future business. Also it let's others no that no one is "perfect" on everything. Hope this all gets settled for ya. :)

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long after the headers arrived did the car sit with nothing getting done to it ?

And this is probably just salt in the wound, but - I bet you would have had an entirely different experience at Chuck Tator's... 914-763-3136

OP
OP
L

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It took 4 weeks for the headers to arrive. They didn't order them for the first two weeks. I am going to have Tators do it after the summer.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on state, windsheilds are free and replaced if CRACKED, etc (well..to you anyways).
Call your insurance company. Dont' blow a ......supercharger..... or headgasket.....yet.

Gerald

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long after the headers arrived did the car sit with nothing getting done to it ?

And this is probably just salt in the wound, but - I bet you would have had an entirely different experience at Chuck Tator's... 914-763-3136

This needs to be said again and AGAIN Tators dodge would have made you feel like your family.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not going to go into details here, people who know me also know my story about Lee Dodge. When I bought my Viper I was really excited to have a local Dodge Dealer who could service my car and was twenty minutes away. That dealer was Lee Dodge. I was WRONG. When I had a more serious problem, I took it to Lee Dodge to check out. My car might have been intentionally misdiagnosed, or incompetently misdiagnosed, either way they were wrong and tried to hammer me with a big (Over 3K) repair bill for totally unneeded work. All I can say is thank goodness for Chuck Tator and Tator's Dodge. I decided that before I laid out a *** of dough to get my car fixed at Lee I would get a second opinion from Chuck. Chuck found my engine problem in about five minutes and fixed it correctly for peanuts comparatively. Chuck saved me a ton of out of pocket cash that would have been blown on unnecessary work. We here in the NY/NJ/CT area are very fortunate to have Tators nearby.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like my horror stories before I found Chuck Tator, God of the Viper World! Heck, you are even closer to him than me.

But seriously, I tried several dealers before I finally said I had enough getting screwed and now he does all my major work. I have a dealer I like out here, but I only allow them to change tires or change the oil. Chuck does all the rest.

PrimeTime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I don't know Chuck Tator is, I can say that I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with Mike Figlozzi. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and a very fair businessman. Over the course of the last couple of years, Mike has performed several performance upgrades as well as general repairs and service, all of which have been to my complete satisfaction. In so far as Viper Jon's alleged misdiagnoses, I'm sure there are many similar stories out there about other viper techs. After all, the last perfect person that I'm aware of was nailed to a cross.

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the first I'm hearing of this. Bruce feel free to call me any time to discuss this, I do know that the windshield was perfectly intact upon my last inspection of the car. I'm terribly sorry for all of your inconvenience, but these decisions were completely out of my hands. Yes I have left Lee Dodge to open my own business, that is not relevant to this problem other than to relate my displeasure in you inconvenience.
As for Jon, I do not understand how you say your car was misdiagnosed when I told you on your last visit here that it was the timing cover. I DO NOT have any problem with you getting a 2nd opinion especially from Chuck but I know I never gave you a 3k estimate.If I was to tell you I'm perfect THAT would be a lie.But I would never over price a job and would appreciate the truth about the situation. Again I have no hard feelings about you choosing Chuck you always have that right.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I don't know Chuck Tator is, I can say that I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with Mike Figlozzi. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and a very fair businessman. Over the course of the last couple of years, Mike has performed several performance upgrades as well as general repairs and service, all of which have been to my complete satisfaction. In so far as Viper Jon's alleged misdiagnoses, I'm sure there are many similar stories out there about other viper techs. After all, the last perfect person that I'm aware of was nailed to a cross.

Well gee now, your first post. That carries a lot of weight.

Mike, I wish you luck in your new business and hope everything works out for you. Your memory of the facts differs from mine, so be it. Case closed.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

here we go with that b/s

vd.. I can't understand how your 1st post has more to do with god than the vipernation.

vd..

OP
OP
L

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike...

I am sure you didnt notice the crack in my windshield. It is on the left side and not totally in the field of view. YOu can call me anytime you want to talk, but I didnt start this thread to ***** about you, I was dis-satisfied with Lee Dodge. I thought I made that clear. I am going to send my car up to Chuck in September. No offense, but I have a bad taste in my mouth about anything to do with Lee Dodge. I do however as I said wish you well in your new business.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuckies the man. The guy hooks you up with no BS. I like straight up people.

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,
I did not take it as you complaining about me, but I do wish the situation was different. I feel bad that just because I have a chance to open my own shop you were on the short end of the stick.I really wish I could have completed your car before leaving but it was not my decision. I hope you get all of the work done, you seemed excited to do so. I will call you monday at work.Again I'm TRUELY SORRY you were treated like this.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bruce,
I did not take it as you complaining about me, but I do wish the situation was different. I feel bad that just because I have a chance to open my own shop you were on the short end of the stick.I really wish I could have completed your car before leaving but it was not my decision. I hope you get all of the work done, you seemed excited to do so. I will call you monday at work.Again I'm TRUELY SORRY you were treated like this.

whats the info on your shop ????

website please....

vd.