LOCK OUT 2004 SRT

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I inadvertantly left my keys in the ignition last night and this morning I am locked out I did not set the alarm and just charged the battery two days ago. Now the best part the key slot in the drivers door will not turn with my other key? I am charging the battery again as it's dead any other tips?

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have heard that the key slot in the door is very hard to use. Some members have stated they thought the key was going to break off before it finally gave in.

OP
OP
T

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bingo got the door open the key was very hard to turn even when pushing on the door as for the battery it's flatter than my first girl friend so battery tender is at work. THX

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery tender will take a long time to charge up a totally dead battery. Be sure to take it out for a nice long run to let your alternator fully charge the battery.

OP
OP
T

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan to make up for lost time with a long run.Now why would the battery go dead just because the keys were left in? I know no lights were left on or doors not closed properly.

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i never could get the door open with the key.. i will push the handle down and try it...LOL always learn something useful from the forums. :2tu:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Supratime...

It's not a matter of pushing the handle down, it more a byproduct of pushing the door IN (towards the seat) as you turn the key. Works every time.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
1 - Yep, got to push the door in towards the seat while turning the key as there is quite a bit of pressure on it. Does feel like the key is going to break off, but with some practice, it will work.

2 - If you leave the key in the ignition, the drivers info center will remain lighted for the duration. This has happend to me twice now. It seems every time I take the car in for service, the guys leave the key in the ignition and voila, dead battery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery