Look at my friends viper!!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as "Viper Protective Services"?

If there is I am calling them and reporting the abuse.

haha

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But, he managed to put a plastic tarp under the car?? :dunno:

Guess he wants to protect that nice floor, since all the seals are no doubt dried up, and leaking..

Someone please go and steal this car, change the fluids, detail it, and put a few hundred miles on it, then bring it back with a bill.. Geez, thats a shame,..

At this point, I'd at the very least drop the oil pan, and refill with fresh. Before I would want to turn the ignition key. But I'm sure there are many seals and hoses shot on the car..

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think thats great..every once in a while you hear about a guy who found a car in an unbelievable spot and its awesome. Kind of like my brothers 71 hemi Challenger with 3k miles. Believe me..it cleaned up just fine :)

Someone will have a great story someday!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he bought it new he paid about $70,000 for it give or take a few grand. By now 70K would be around 140K safely invested. 280K in ten more years. 560K in 20 years. I dunno, it's possible I guess.

This comming from the guy who never has any Money....dont take it seriously....

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uhhhh - something doesnt jive with this story!

If you had the $$ to drop on such a beautiful exotic machine (especially at that time), why wouldnt you drive it?

Unless...

1. you bought it as an investment

OR

2. you were too busy driving your other exotics

either scenario - why is it stored in that sh*thole!?

also - is the passenger window slightly open? Means that dust is in is every nook and cranny of the interior as well. and if the rims are pitted from moisture - there is unseen oxidation throughout (including interals)! Not to mention that if it has sat idle for over 10 years, what has that done to every seal, bushings, u-joints etc?

Jim

ps - what a shame. This is the year/color/mileage range car I am looking for. Tell him I'll go $25K...

Don't doubt the story, I have seen stupid mentality alot. There's is a guy who lives close to me with a 69 Hemi charger SE rusting away so badly it has more rust holes than swiss cheese. I have tried to buy this car for twenty five years, Every couple of years or so I pass by and see it. It make me sick. I have been run out of his yard short of being shot at just because I asked him to sell it to me. All he tells me is "if I wanted to sell it I would have sold it years ago" When I first saw this car it was a prime machine. it is uncovered and exposed to the elements. it's getting to the point if not already? The only thing you can salvage is the drive train. Go figure! It goes beyond logic?

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen far worse done to a pristine Lambo.

I'd just about puked when I saw it. Less than 1200 original miles in a far worse sh*thole than this snake.

The person that owns it expects over 100k for it. I'd say that person would llucky to get 50 grand these days in that condition for the Lambo. Far worse for this snake. I'd say 35k would be tops.

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you haven't already show him this thread so he can see what the Viper community is saying about his "investment."

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have all missed the bigger picture on this one. The car is not abused nor has it been mistreated, the owner has simply created a Protective Layer of Filth and Disgust to keep the car safe from theft. “Brilliant”

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang