Looking for a set of wheels and tires!!!

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Gen3 10 spokes with pilots in good condition for sale. Wheels have a few light marks in them, tires are great. $2300 shipped to your door.

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Gen3 10 spokes with pilots in good condition for sale. Wheels have a few light marks in them, tires are great. $2300 shipped to your door.

Wow....when did they get that expensive??? A few years ago guys were literally giving away the wheels alone. Sorry, not at that price. Thanks.

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....when did they get that expensive??? A few years ago guys were literally giving away the wheels alone. Sorry, not at that price. Thanks.

Uh yeah, good luck with that. Check around, thats actually cheap.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For a set of Gen IIIs $2300 is dirt cheap. You can pick up a set of Gen Is for $900-$1300, a Gen II set for $1200- $1800.

Now if you want a beat up set of Gen III wheels, I have a set that would be good for the track, $1200. No tires though and a ton of curb rash. :omg::omg:

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anbody have any aftermarket wheels. I think I will pass on the GEN III's...I can get them for a lot less. Don't want to give the vendor away, but they are a couple hundred less and I just can't see paying that for stockers. Damn...I swear things have changed. When I had my '03 people were literally giving them away...like 2-3 yrs ago.

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anbody have any aftermarket wheels. I think I will pass on the GEN III's...I can get them for a lot less. Don't want to give the vendor away, but they are a couple hundred less and I just can't see paying that for stockers. Damn...I swear things have changed. When I had my '03 people were literally giving them away...like 2-3 yrs ago.

I highly doubt they were "literally giving them away".

Why not give us the name of who has them for sale cheaper? I'm sure there are a few guys here who would like to have them and the sellers would probably like to get rid of them.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a set of 18" HRE 541's w/ Michelin Pilot Sport tires. Perfect. No rash. Fresh machine polish. Tires are good. Custom "Viper" acid etched center caps. $3000 + $200 shipping = $3200 shipped.

Picture of them.
You must be registered for see images

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a great set of wheels for someone looking to upgrade from stock to a nice set of wheels and not break the bank. This set was $7000 new w/ tires!

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, I just sold a really nice set of '03 OEM 10 spokes through the classifieds here for $1k plus shipping! Not perfect, but good price in my book!

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not posting to argue man...I've been around on this site a lot longer than you have and have owned A LOT of these cars. Anyone that knows who I am will tell you that. I know they aren't worth a sh*t because I have sold them/traded them myself. I have owned 2 GEN III's...everytime I went to sell the rims they were never worth anything. Guys like Jon B will tell you, the demand for stockers is weak.....they are pretty much worth what the tires are worth. ***** rims were a perfect example....and it doesn't cost much to have curb rash fixed if you know what you're doing. Shop here does rash for $80 a wheel...so please tell me how you can expect 2K plus for GEN III rims???

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 spoke rims with nice tires are worth 2K, no tires, 1k.

Right, like I said basically worth the price of the tires....and BTW, who would pay up for 5 year old rubber that has been sittting around? I think 1K is fair for rims.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack's very recent trade-Ins:

18-19" 2008 5-spokes, PS2s, Sensors, Caps, under 1500 miles. Under $3500. NICE.

18-19" 2008 5-Spokes only, 3 have cosmetic transport scratches. Should refinish: $1895/ 4 !

20"-20" Star-Tac Brabus, P-Zero, 1200 mi., $10,000/set new, Rare & Beeeyoooteeful. Under $6k

BBS Magnesium VCC GT Wheels, New, 18" track weapons: Steal, under $3k / set of FOUR !

10-spoke OEs w/ ZP tires under $2k

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right, like I said basically worth the price of the tires....and BTW, who would pay up for 5 year old rubber that has been sittting around? I think 1K is fair for rims.

So you disagree with me that I want $2300 (basically $2100 if you subtract shipping) but agree with this guy that they are worth $2K?

If you don't want them, don't buy them. Anybody will tell you this is a good deal. Maybe you should sell your Viper and buy a Mustang, rims for those are cheap.

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you disagree with me that I want $2300 (basically $2100 if you subtract shipping) but agree with this guy that they are worth $2K?

If you don't want them, don't buy them. Anybody will tell you this is a good deal. Maybe you should sell your Viper and buy a Mustang, rims for those are cheap.

Whatever noob...maybe you should join the VCA and become legit before you run your mouth????

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little late joining this one, but I've been doing some rim searching. Looking for the OEM 10 Spoke in chrome to be exact. Ill take polished if I cannot find chrome for a reasonable price. Didn't mean to jack this thread but it seems all that's going on is arguing and verbal jousting. :lmao: Anyone wanna sell some rims let me know.

:usa:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PartsRack's very recent trade-Ins:
18-19" 2008 5-Spokes only, 3 have cosmetic transport scratches. Should refinish: $1895/ 4 !

Chad,
This may be a good option. Powder coat these black and get some decent rubber. Those wheels actually look good black.

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of 18 fronts and 19 backs about a year ago from ebay. After shipping cost me $1,500. The guy took photos in bright sunlight. When I got them they were full of curb rash. I don't how someone could be that bad a driver and be able to operate a viper. No offense ladies but I think it came froma woman. I have seen some great woman drivers but this one stunk. Fixed them up as best as I could and they still look nice on my Gen I. Took them to a local guy that fixes wheels but he said that they can't do chrome. $2,000 or wheels in good shape with tires seems like a good deal to me.

I have a set of knock around Gen I tires, centers and wheels for sale. They are painted black. If anyone is interested.

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever noob...maybe you should join the VCA and become legit before you run your mouth????

Sweet burn man! I'm reeling from that one! He called me a "noob". Ouch.

Oh well, at least I have some nice HRE rims on my car and don't have to be a tight ass cheapskate, that helps ease the pain.

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet burn man! I'm reeling from that one! He called me a "noob". Ouch.

Oh well, at least I have some nice HRE rims on my car and don't have to be a tight ass cheapskate, that helps ease the pain.

Don't get mad at me dersch.....blame the VCA for the title "enthusiast"... Hey moneybags, why don't you hand some of your cash over to the VCA so you can become a legit member like the rest of us? Pu**ies like you are the reason why I don't get on this site anymore. Everyone is so tough hiding infront of the keyboard. I bet you wouldn't run your mouth if we met in person:2tu: Anyone who knows me will assure you of that.

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get mad at me dersch.....blame the VCA for the title "enthusiast"... Hey moneybags, why don't you hand some of your cash over to the VCA so you can become a legit member like the rest of us? Pu**ies like you are the reason why I don't get on this site anymore. Everyone is so tough hiding infront of the keyboard. I bet you wouldn't run your mouth if we met in person:2tu: Anyone who knows me will assure you of that.

Wow, you sound like a 14 year old kid with that E **** attitude. I'm sure I'd quiver at the mere sight of you in person, I'd better watch who I mouth off to before you kick my ass huh? I'm so glad I have my blankie and my keyboard to protect me, I'm so scared.

Get real dude, you have no idea.....

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anytime dude. There are plenty of people here who know where to find me if you are interested. Quit hijacking my thread and go find a sucker to pay for your stockers. Besides, a big shot like you doesn't need the money anyway. Get lost.

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anytime dude. There are plenty of people here who know where to find me if you are interested. Quit hijacking my thread and go find a sucker to pay for your stockers. Besides, a big shot like you doesn't need the money anyway. Get lost.

I don't "need" the money, but I do need the space. I have several sets of rims and tires and I need to part ways with the ones I know I won't use.

As far as your little E-**** threat, go F yourself. You might wanna watch who you challenge without knowing, one day someone might shut you up. You don't know me, I could be the wrong guy to piss off. I'm not saying I am, I wouldn't waste my time with trash like you. I have too much to lose to fight idiots like you, which is why I don't make ******* threats to people I don't know online.