Looking for an SRT Coupe....

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have decided to make the leap into an SRT Coupe. I live in Dallas and have been educating myself on the current Viper market. It seems there are some dealers that are offering $5k of INVOICE already. (not in Dallas) I am trying to decide if it is better for me to buy a low milage car or go for a new one.

Also, with the current market is a bit of a free fall, do you think I should wait? How long?

What I am looking for in a Coupe...

Black with silver stripes
Blue with stripes..white or silver
Red with silver stripes...

I have searched the past posting and have learned allot. But since I am a newbie at buying vipers, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.... :usa:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy new...and it is a great time to buy. I know where there is a black/siver for 7k below invoice. PM me if you want the info.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
585, beautiful cars. I had talked with Mike about your red TT 2 days before you bought it - congrats on a great deal on a beauty.

When you say $7k below invoice, you aren't referring to $7k below sticker, correct? $7k under invoice must be very low $70's....????

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
585, beautiful cars. I had talked with Mike about your red TT 2 days before you bought it - congrats on a great deal on a beauty.

When you say $7k below invoice, you aren't referring to $7k below sticker, correct? $7k under invoice must be very low $70's....????

Hey..thank you. Invoice on a striped coupe is about 83.7. MSRP is 91K. 7K off of invoice puts the car near 76k...for a striped coupe.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow.....
i cant even get dealers to get back to me with prices....
i dont think they want any kind of trade in with the deal.
again, i cant get them to call me back with firm dollar figures.
its ok. im prepared to wait.
the dealer i bought my hummer from is also a chevy dealer and hes DYING to order me an 07 z.....
no flames please.....
at this point i think ill wait and see what the deal is on the 08's.
were going into winter anyway.
ive had a couple viper dealers tell me i should buy now if i want an 06 coupe cause there will be NONE left come spring. well, i dont mind buying slightly used..:)

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are several highly reputable dealers that frequent this forum. I would be surprised if you were dissatisfied with them. Bill P. @ Woodhouse seems like a great guy I've spoken with several times and would definitely buy my next Viper from. John G. @ Roanoke is someone I've met @ a Viper event and has a great reputation, as well. Please don't mention the names of people who dis-serviced you - I just wanted to pass along who I've heard very good things from. good luck in your search.
John

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the leads folks... I am getting close to finding the right car. Viper585 set me up with the right car but I just missed it by one day...already sold. Rats..

What I am finding on the coupes is when the dealers hit $7k off Invoice or lower, these cars are moving. Seems to be the market price right now.

Regular SRTs have even more market pressure on them. I have had several dealers try and talk me into a Vert with some crazy pricing.

The search continues...

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps those prices are only up north? With winter around the corner, maybe they're looking to unload. It's still 90 degrees and sunny here in Florida and my local dealer wouldn't budge off of $81k.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good time to be a Viper buyer. Lots of them around, and good selection available.

This might just be for a limited time, cuz when they are snapped up at these prices, you might just miss the boat.

I would not be supprised if Dodge does not significantly limit production next year until they sell off the dealer stocks.

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked at a couple other Verts today...I really want to pull the trigger before end of the month..just need to sell this Ferrari to free up cash.

So Im in Sunny Los Angeles and the dealers all seem to quickly drop to $75k but dont seem to want to budge lower than that. If I pulled my checkbook out perhaps..but as I said..need to unload this Fcar first.

As for coupes...Ive noticed the dealers out here are staying in the $80's ..One dealer was pushing a bumblebee coupe ( beautiful car) on me hard...MSRP $ 97k and they dropped to $ 80k pretty quick even though I wasnt negotiating.

IMHO I dont think the problem with these cars is depreciation as much as priced too high for the market. Ive found a majority of viper buyers/owners are successful but not wealthy. These cars are a treat to ourselves..unlike Ferrari/Lambo owners who rotate through cars yearly and have several in their stable.

Having said that it appears the typical viper buyer has a mental cap of around $75k. Over that and it's just too much cash.

I think if verts were $70k and coupes $75k MSRP they would sell all day long. Yes you can now bargin down to these levels but you know , I think when people see a sticker of $90k they dont feel they can bargin to $75k so they dont bother to entertain the thought of buying one.

Obviously this is armchair analysis...I could be way off base..but its how Im seeing things.

J

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RMBSRT, which is the "right car" that you missed out on? If you take advantage of the Viper nation, one of us might know where you can find exactly what you are looking for.

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott...thanks for the post. I must say the Viper nation has been very helpful so far. I hope to be a full fledged member soon... :2tu:

Viper585 had a Black with silver Coupe for a great price. Just missed out...

I have always had black sport cars except for one Ferrari(only in red), just my color of choice on cars. The silver stripes on the Coupe just add to the look.

Although....I went to see a Blue with Silver Coupe today and it was sweet. I may need to reconsider...

RB
:usa:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Im in Sunny Los Angeles and the dealers all seem to quickly drop to $75k but dont seem to want to budge lower than that.

I think I ran into the same dealer on a used 04. They wanted 64.5k on a 04 1,700 mile car. I had the check out with 62k on it back in June. They wouldn't take the 62K. " We are not interested in your offer." They saved me a couple thou on the one I did buy. Thanks KEYES on Van Nuys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4