Looking for land or home in NC (Please Advise)

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
I'd like to get some information from all of you that live in NC as to where the nice areas are and what areas to stay away from etc. I'd like to find land where we can build a home or find an existing home that will suit my needs. I'd like to be near a few things such as a grocery store, mall or something where life may be. If you know the best places to start searching or where i can get home guides, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
um... it's a pretty big state... can ya narrow it down some?

Beach, Mountains, Piedmont, Reseach Triangle Park area, Down East, Outer Banks? Near a particular city - Raleigh, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, Winston-Salem????

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mayberry?...Ang and Barn would love to chase a viper around in the ole squad car.Get your hair cut at Floyds,Gomer and Goober do have their viper tech training[Tom Sessions trained with them] :2tu: but Im not sure Wally wants the liability....closest Dodge dealership....big city Raleigh.And never,never let a fella named Otis test drive your viper.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I chime in ??

Just dont buy a place near slaughterj, he has really brought that neighborhood down with his arrival. Linh is trying to up it, but damage is already done.

Wakefield is a nice area, and you can be close to our resident Emergency Room Doctor (even if he cant pull 10 second passes, so he has to add more power).

Cary is nice, but you'll bump into guys like me.. ( a real no no)

Raleigh is nice, and you can get a spot close to Janni and Henry and mooch off then for viper info and parts (like I do sometimes).

Either way, we're glad to have another viper owner in our midst !!

Jon

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You probably won't be interested in Fayette-nam, depending on your interests in general. The Triangle area is good, what are you looking to move for? Seems to not be job-related since you are location-flexible.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Stick with Raleigh. The Triangle is one of the best places in the U.S. to live. I went to UNC-Chapel Hill and loved the area. Should I ever settle down, it would likely be my #1 choice inside the States.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let us know if we can help. Been here almost 14 years and Henry over 25.... Have some good friends in real estate. If you are looking for a decent amount of land, you'll have to go fairly far out. Orange county is still nice - near Chapel Hill, and some nice communities. A bit of a hike for groceries and malls, etc. but beautiful country...

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chapel Hill is a very nice college town. It's a little on the pricey side for what you get and it's very liberal. It's full of tree huggers and such if you are into that sort of thing. I should know, my wife went to school there for 8 years. I live in north Raleigh near Wake Forest in the midst of probably the highest rate of urban sprawl in the area. What type of business are you in?

PURE XTC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live on Lake Norman about 25 miles north of Charlotte. It is a perfect location out of the city but but close enough to everything. If you like Nascar, we have as much of that as you can stand then some. Here is a link: http://www.racecityusa.org/
I hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I'm counting on you to go to N.C., get settled in and make my transition a little easier when I move down there in 4 years(retirement). I plan on moving either to the Raleigh-Durham-Cary area(I believe it's called Research Triangle Area)or the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area. It would be real nice to live near a VCA member such as you that I already know. Good Luck......Mike

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.realtor.com. yahoo real estate etc

There's lots of web info about schools, crime etc for any neighborhood.

I've been looking in KY, TN etc

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested in Western North Carolina , check with TOO MANY TOYS on this site , he can hook you up. Not too many Viper guys up here in the mountains. I think i"m the only one in this county or maybe even surronding countys.
I see Too Many Toys ocassionally when I go to Asheville.Take a look around the mountain area,you might like what you see.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does your post have to do with a Viper??? Do you not know the rules McFly??? Come on your not a rookie...

OP
OP
1MEANSNAKE

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
What does your post have to do with a Viper??? Do you not know the rules McFly??? Come on your not a rookie...

Dont get your ******* in a bunch, i just wanted the opinion of my fellow Viper Owners here in this section, since not everyone visits the other sections regularly. Seemed to work out pretty nicely ;)

Mike, your retiring in 4 years? Damn, your like maybe 5 years older than me lol! I'll try and scope everything out for you and give you a complete report when i finally decide to make the move.

Thanks everyone for your input, i will look into those leads you all suggested.

Anyone else, feel free to chime in with your experience in your neck of the woods as well :2tu:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're looking to live around other Viper owners... good enough Viper content for me :)

I live in Durham... Research Triangle Park area is awesome (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel-Hill/Cary are all within 15-30 minutes of each other). Highest PhD per capita in the states... many like the area because it's right between the beach and mountains. Easy access to both!

Rated one of the top retirement areas by Forbes, if I remember correctly...

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NC is a great state and any spot there is quite nice. I lived in the Asheville area for 8 years and thought it was a great place. That whole area Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard, Etowah and surrounding regions has been the top areas for retirement. The funny thing was during mid spring through late fall half the license plates would be from Florida. It would seem that they stayed in NC for about 8 months and the colder 4 months in Florida. Anyway which ever way you go your on the right path. I also have family living just north of Charlotte in Huntersville. That area is also quite nice but the growth is going crazy. Saying that you may want to keep in mind the urban sprawl as it seems to be hitting many areas in NC. Good luck on your move and keep us posted on where you end up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth