Looking for Opinions on an F1 Racing DF Clutch Kit??

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a Luk/Exedy clutch kit off of E-bay being marketed by an outfit known on Ebay as "Gripforce". They're out of California and the company name apparently is Speed Solutions International. Anyways, after paying for it, they e-mailed me to tell me Exedy left out the clutch disk in the kit and it would be the latter part of December before they get any more in. They are offering me an upgrade for an F1 Racing Dual Friction Clutch kit at a 15% dsicount off of their $315 Ebay price. Talking to Chuck at Tator's, the DF's are hard to hold on a hill. Either the clutch is in or its out. No slipping of the clutch. OK for racing but for streetability. F1 also has a Stage 1 kit. Probably a less aggressive clutch. Anyone have any experience in this brand. Searched and didn't find anything. I like their prices and I don't want to wait till the end of the month. Thanks!
F1 Racing Technology

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if interested, i have a new CenterForce Clutch sitting around.

OP
OP
C

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm running a Roe SC with a mild 6.5 lb pulley. I just ordered a LUK clutch kit that appeared on Ebay yesterday. Hopefully, they actually have it in stock. :rolleyes: $219 shipped:2tu:.

Unless your car is making 800rwhp or more there is no reason to switch from stock clutch.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running a Roe SC with a mild 6.5 lb pulley. I just ordered a LUK clutch kit that appeared on Ebay yesterday. Hopefully, they actually have it in stock. :rolleyes: $219 shipped:2tu:.

I have ROE, 8lbs pulley and NXExpress with stock clutch. No problems.:2tu:

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have had HORRIBLE experiences with Gripforce (AKA Speed Solutions). They sent me an "uprgraded" F1 clutch that ruined a new flywheel and caused me to have to pay labor for a second clutch install. Their product was 100% faulty and then their customer service guy "Art" claimed that my Viper Tech "contaminated" the clutch disk which caused the irregular wear, etc. They have refused to refund ANY of my money, let alone the cost of the clutch and extra labor. Buyer beware!!! And of course I went to the Better Business Bureau after the fact (duh...) and wouldn't you know that they have a "F" rating........which is the lowest possible rating. Just passing along my personal experience!