Looking for the "illustrated" thread on burping the cooling system

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search and cannot seem to find the thread anymore. I did find Ron's thread on doing it which I am sure will be very helpful but I remember reading a thread about it which was quite lengthy and they had pictures for just about every step. They even went as far as showing where to tape plastic drop cloths when draining the block to protect everything.

Unfortunately any links in the threads which I searched no longer work with the new forum format which is how I think I found this thread last time.

If anybody remembers this thread and has it bookmarked or can point me to it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I really hope this thread did not get 86's as it was one of the best "how to" threads I have ever saw.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jack the car up at a 45 degree angle from the front, loosen any and all purge ports, fill system- note--- if the car does not have a great heater at idle, you still have air in system, after you think its full, start car and let run and fill system till totally full- thats how i have done every air prone car and have never had a issue

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that is the one I found. While it is a very good write up it does not compare to the one I was looking for. It is a shame that such a good write up got lost some how. It probably should have been made a sticky back when it was posted. Whoever wrote it was very detailed and anal similar to me. LOL

Thanks Lee.

How many miles do you have on that Black and Silver GTS now? I am guessing it is a keeper. There are not many GTS's like that left. Post up some pics if you have them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte