Looking for the Mystical Unicorn! Help wanted!

LinguiniLegs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Finally got to the age and means where I can obtain my dream car, but of course now I can't find the one. Looking for a 2002 solid red ACR, no stripes, low mileage and great condition of course. I've loved the car since it came out and dreamed everyday since of one day having one. Would love to finally get a really nice stock piece to preserve and cruise on nice days. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. I'm located on the east coast but would be willing to look as far out as the mid-west.

I'm a new member to VCA Forums, so any other tips and tricks would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!

OP
OP
L

LinguiniLegs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks and thanks for the advice! I did have some concern about having to travel to the west coast for an in-person inspection, but you're right, at this point I wouldn't mind taking a really good road trip if that's where she is. The trip could even make for a decent indie docu-drama/action film complete with blooper reel!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess try any websites, ebay, creg lists, google, viperalley.com, cars.com, autotrader.com, autoshopper.com and prepare to be patient. i saw one on ebay last year solid red 2001 acr solid red in california sold pretty quickly and for pretty penny too...best of luck welcome to the club

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got to the age and means where I can obtain my dream car, but of course now I can't find the one. Looking for a 2002 solid red ACR, no stripes, low mileage and great condition of course.

Looks like you have only a pool of 28 cars, max, to choose from; but, it is doable, in time. It sure took me quite a while to find the color combo that I just had to have !

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
That's a small list, I'll do a VIN check when I get home and see if I can find one for sale (don't hold your breath)

Big Miata

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got a regular GTS last year 2002 solid red with 9k miles from a dealer. Are you sure you want an acr why not just get a regular gts and put kw's on it your gonna change the exhaust anyways.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Best of luck in your quest.

If you change your mind about stripes, have a friend who just told me that he is selling his red/silver 2002 ACR...stock except Corsa catback exhaust . Car has about 5500 miles on it.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I checked all 28 VIN's, I couldn't find another one with an active link

Sorry
Vj

OP
OP
L

LinguiniLegs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess patience really is the name of the game for now. Hopefully I won't have to be a spectator for too much longer though.