Looking for used 08 coupe

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a ssg coupe-black stripes on craigslist under vipers a friend told me,check it out

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a very vague question. What color are you looking for? Are you looking to buy from a dealer or private seller? What kind of mileage are you OK with?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used 08 pricing all depends on color. I know of $60K Venom Red versions up to $78K black ones. All depends. I think good deals are in the $60s for a used one depedning on mileage, color, and options.

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done some research on low mile 08 coupes. If asking prices are over $65k, they are not selling. Those that are actually selling are in the $58k to 65k range. My top 3 color choices are GTS blue, black, and Viper red. I might be interested in trading my 07 Z06 against one also.

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done some research on low mile 08 coupes. If asking prices are over $65k, they are not selling. Those that are actually selling are in the $58k to 65k range. My top 3 color choices are GTS blue, black, and Viper red. I might be interested in trading my 07 Z06 against one also.
Your right on they are out there.Right now there is a striped light blue 08 coupe in the Vca classif (124 miles )the seller is ASKING high 60s.

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a quote from a VCA member.

"Last month i sold my 08 Venom Red Roadster for 57000.00 The car was like NEW with only 1800 miles.I tried for almost 6 months to sell it (advertising it everywhere).Finally Darren Buhler was kind enough to put it on E-Bay for me."

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a quote from a VCA member.

"Last month i sold my 08 Venom Red Roadster for 57000.00 The car was like NEW with only 1800 miles.I tried for almost 6 months to sell it (advertising it everywhere).Finally Darren Buhler was kind enough to put it on E-Bay for me."

Don't put any particular value on that sale. That individual did himself no favors by begging every day on this site for someone to take it off his hands while at the same time bragging about how fast the car ran at the strip when he loaned it to a magazine to flog for a day. He would have been much better off not to have told that particular tale.

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't put any particular value on that sale. That individual did himself no favors by begging every day on this site for someone to take it off his hands while at the same time bragging about how fast the car ran at the strip when he loaned it to a magazine to flog for a day. He would have been much better off not to have told that particular tale.
Aren't Vipers built to be driven hard?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
57,000 :omg: i feel for ya- someone got a good - no - smokin deal!:omg:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe ,maybe not as mine was NOT THE ONLY low mileage Gen 4 sold last Jan in the high 50s others were sold on E-bay as well for about the same price.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh noes!!! Someone drove it down the 1320 a couple of times :rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe ,maybe not as mine was NOT THE ONLY low mileage Gen 4 sold last Jan in the high 50s others were sold on E-bay as well for about the same price.

Very true. There are deals to be had, just have to look. What people do not notice is that asking price is just that, ASKING price. Sales prices DOES NOT equal Asking Price.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh noes!!! Someone drove it down the 1320 a couple of times :rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh:
A total of 5 whole times.I would venture to say (as evidenced by the number of Gen 4 totaled by dealership personal) alot of pretitled cars were-are driven harder than my old vert.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true. There are deals to be had, just have to look. What people do not notice is that asking price is just that, ASKING price. Sales prices DOES NOT equal Asking Price.
Exactly in this economy the buyer is EXTREMELY EDUCATED (esp in a luxury item )as to what others are paying.(Of coarse they want the same deal).Asking and getting =two different animals.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I could also not see a run down the drag strip killing the value of a car. How many of these cars were driven hard before delivery? I mean in all honesty, there is 2.5 years left of warranty and if anything goes wrong then it is covered. A car that has been driven a little bit would not bother me let alone many people when they are getting a good deal.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally would feel better knowing that a guy was honest enough to mention the history of the car. I would stay away from the "low miles, only driven on Sundays" sales before a full disclosure sale. Besides, apart from the clutch which is a wear item, if parts didn't break on the pass, they won't break afterward from said pass.
I would have no problem buying that one, but then again I bought my car to drive.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I could also not see a run down the drag strip killing the value of a car. How many of these cars were driven hard before delivery? I mean in all honesty, there is 2.5 years left of warranty and if anything goes wrong then it is covered. A car that has been driven a little bit would not bother me let alone many people when they are getting a good deal.
So true. It was not the few runs down the strip that hurt resale it was the color-Venom Red and most of all that damn employee pricing that some idiot at Chrysler thought up.Though they were not supposed to dealers all over the place were blowing Vipers out (USED-LOL)FOR OVER 30 GRAND OFF STICKER.Look at the Jan sales figures for Viper -see how much they jumpted.I personally know of 3 guys who bought like this.All found small cash strapped Dodge dealers who had been floorplanning their inventory for months .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys check out E-BAY as last week a Red 08 (not Venom but the reg Red) with 250 miles went for 62500

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger today. Traded my Z06 and some cash and got this. Thanks to all the people here who assisted me.:2tu:
You must be registered for see images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas