Looky what I won.....what a hoot!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly, I can't photoshop, so maybe someone else can render my option. Leave the center gill area inside my crappy red line exposed carbon fiber, and paint the rest of the hood yellow, like a stock hood.

You must be registered for see images attach

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, now we're getting closer. :2tu: #'s 58, 60, and 61 are really cool :headbang:I'm starting to think I need a CF comp coupe hood :omg:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised at some of the comments regarding cooling and airflow/aerodynamics vs. the 08 hood. This IS a Comp Coupe hood and I'm sure it flows just as well as an 08 hood.

IM000575_comp_coupe_hooh.JPG

And I'm sure tons of research went into it. See Cindi Lux car in the Chrysler Wind tunnel.
lux_comp_coupe_chrysler_wind_tunnel.jpg

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised at some of the comments regarding cooling and airflow/aerodynamics vs. the 08 hood. This IS a Comp Coupe hood and I'm sure it flows just as well as an 08 hood.

IM000575_comp_coupe_hooh.JPG

And I'm sure tons of research went into it. See Cindi Lux car in the Chrysler Wind tunnel.
lux_comp_coupe_chrysler_wind_tunnel.jpg

Lee, you are right, the comp coupe hoods kick butt when it comes to clearing airflow out of the engine bay and the design creates downforce. The 08 hoods are nice and real good looking but the comp coupe is still the top dog around the track, even with 100+ less horsepower

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing I can't get over, is the car doesn't look like a Gen IV without the Gen IV hood. This is pretty much the ONLY way that Dodge differentiated the Gen III coupe and Gen IV coupe exteriors (on a non-striped car). That is just MY opinion, and I've always been of the opinion that YOU should do what YOU want with YOUR car. Besides, you get to enjoy that beast at WOT while leaving lesser cars in the dust. They would never see the hood! :D

Regarding Aero and Cooling, I never said that the comp coupe hood didn't provide aero or cooling. I stated that it was important in the Gen IV hood design. If someone else read into that differently, my apologies. ;)

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing I can't get over, is the car doesn't look like a Gen IV without the Gen IV hood. This is pretty much the ONLY way that Dodge differentiated the Gen III coupe and Gen IV coupe exteriors (on a non-striped car). That is just MY opinion, and I've always been of the opinion that YOU should do what YOU want with YOUR car. Besides, you get to enjoy that beast at WOT while leaving lesser cars in the dust. They would never see the hood! :D

Regarding Aero and Cooling, I never said that the comp coupe hood didn't provide aero or cooling. I stated that it was important in the Gen IV hood design. If someone else read into that differently, my apologies. ;)

Yup, I completely agree with you...the Gen-4 hood is the big differentiator of the generations....except for all the ACR bits ;) and while this hood has gen-3 style vents, there is no mistaking it as a gen-3 hood.....it's something else entirely. The pictures really do not do it justice.

It's a beautiful hood, and like I said in 30 minutes I can switch back and forth, so if I feel a little flashy I can put on the CF, if I want to be stock I can put on the factory hood....best of both worlds. :)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, check out this hood. Looks awesome.

Bruce

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you insist on keeping the new hood, then here is my vote.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could you even think about painting that thing!? LEAVE THAT EXPOSED! That stuff looks amazing! I started drooling the second I saw that 3rd pic! :eek::eek2:

BTW you really like yellow huh?:rolaugh:

--RS

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could you even think about painting that thing!? LEAVE THAT EXPOSED! That stuff looks amazing! I started drooling the second I saw that 3rd pic! :eek::eek2:

BTW you really like yellow huh?:rolaugh:

--RS

The ACR and the Ram are my 3rd and 4th Yellow Dodges after my 2001 ACR and 2007 Charger Superbee....yeah, I have a thing for yellow Dodges.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the 08 looks better than the comp coupe. Too much going on with the comp coupe hood...

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Kelly,

I like the photo where you had both the NACA duct and the center vents natural Carbon Fiber and the remainder painted yellow. I feel it accentuates the Viper trademark NACA duct, while also highlighting the racing-only center vents right in front of the windshield.

That's my 2 cents.

Regards,
Aaron

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great to see it fit so well. The carbon 08 hood I got from Steve fit awesome too. Very cool to have the option and to Steve for donating the hood, very cool.

Andy Wheeler

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you should leave the CF hood on and do not paint it, leave it as is. The CF is cool and should not be covered up. If you had factory stripes, I could see adding stripes to the hood to match the rest of the car, but since you don't, leave it as is. It really looks good. :2tu:

V

Venomiss

Very nice new avatar I just noticed!!

Hood looks awesome and I am guessing you will get more compliments with that carbon on it. My vote is don't paint it and see what response you get in the springtime event's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc