Loose nuts

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Detailed the SRT today and noticed the front fender fasteners (under the hood) were all loose. Ran down them and did a quick tighten.

Is this "normal"? Anyone else experience this?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that's just SPOOKY! I noticed and did the EXACT same thing today. I didn't tighten them too much though as I don't want to crack the fender. I gave about a 1/2 turn to each one.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I noticed it on my old car for sure. I think every exposed body screw and nut needs to be gone over once a season....it's amazing how much they loosen up.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, very normal. I solved the issue by putting a bit of RTV rubber? (can't remember the actual name of the stuff) on every screw I find on the body panels. Sadly its normal though in my experience.

Reaction score
The composite will expand and contract so I would advise against tightening them too much... For the record we have never seen one of the fender bolts back out so I don't think it is a real concern.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The composite will expand and contract so I would advise against tightening them too much... For the record we have never seen one of the fender bolts back out so I don't think it is a real concern.

Thx Mark. Are the body shims under the panel compressible? i.e. will they give when the composite expands?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude