Low miles car insurance

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a search but could not find the answer. Is their an insurance company selling low miles type of insurance for Vipers? I found one but not to sure about the company.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A great company that will insure cheaply and will insure for "value" is
www.hagerty.com
I've got a '53 Indian insured with them for $35k and only pay about $225/yr. If the bike gets destroyed or stolen, they cut me a check for the full amount. No discussion afterwards about current market values. I've never heard anything bad about Hagerty. Check 'em out.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use State Farm and get a great deal because of house and cars and all that stuff. I've heard Hagerty and Grundy should be checked out too.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.lelandwest.com has low rates for low-mile exotics and classics and you set an agreeded upon value. Drawbacks: no racing/track whatsoever and you can't drive the car to work or school. 800-237-4722

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJoe,
No, I'm not with Leland-West. They are a very reputable company. I have a friend who has his Viper and Lotus with them, but I still get the urge to drive my car to work once or twice a year. My quote was around $400 or less for the whole year if I remember correctly. When (hopefully next year) I pick up a SRT-10, I'll insure the GTS with Leland.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just switched to Leland West and I got a pretty good rate. I had to take a picture of the garage where my snake would be kept as well as proof of my daily drivers. Other than that the process was very easy.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that type of insurance is offered for motorcycles, because that
is the nature of bike riding usually - 3 months out of the year, not sure
about cars though.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
State Farm gives me a great rate on my '69 Z/28. They
call it Classic Car or something like that, when you only
use it for parades or some other special occasion. But they