Lucky me (wreck).

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after having the car for only a month, its wrecked. I was driving home sat night, and the guy in front of me was all over the road, I decided not to pass him in fear of getting hit. So over a mile later he goes head first into the guard rail. I pull over as does two others on the shoulder, then after about an 45 mins waiting for the police to arrive as this guy was bleeding everywhere, I walk back to my car to get something from the glove box and boom, hit right in the rear quarter panel. In additional to the pic, the hood is slightly off, front bumper is scratched. one front wheel is pointing straight and the other is turned out some. Im going through the other guys insurance (state farm) and I hope they total it as much as I liked this car it will never be the same.
As some of you may know, on March 29th someone hit my 01 bumble bee (total).

Attachments

• grey viper wreck small.JPG
    grey viper wreck small.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 428

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch, so you were hit parked on the side of the road? Lucky you didn't get crushed.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, was on the shoulder with hazards on. Funny thing was that there were two other cars about 30 feet behind me. parked on the shoulder but slightly out more towards the road. Now I have to wait for his insurance, blah blah blah and hopefully not get dicked by insurance as there's a good 30k in mods (with receipts). Looking to get into another hopefully before the end of July if they try to repair but then I'll just push for dminished value since its a third party claim.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No good deed goes unpunished...glad to hear you're OK. I hope State Farm does the right thing with your Viper and you hop into another one soon.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cops were right there or didn't they arrive yet? That ***** assss. Make sure to demand all new parts through dodge. The hood alone should be close enough to total it. Good luck and get with Chuck Tator and JonB.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****!!! :mad: I pull over and help when i see a accident I alway pull over to help, but one of the first things i do is grab a 20min flare and run back down the road and place a flare to get folks to notice and slow down. I hope things work out for you on the insurance deal.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are lucky you were not hurt. I hate parking on the shoulder because it's all too common to see someone cross the solid white line. The few times I do I park, I park as close to the ditch as I dare.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: You see this kind of thing happen all the time on those Police camera action TV programs :( So sorry to hear this, you must be gutted, That would break my heart :hug: So had the driver who hit you been drinking? Are the police going to fine him/her?

:uk:

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it looks like you spun it out and crashed it not a impact from another car ..ADMIT it you couldnt handle the power

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry it was hit and I'll post the police report when I get it. The other driver claims someone cut him off and did stay until the police arrived.
The police for accident I pulled over for had not yet arrived.
That guy crashed into the guardrail, was drink and in his company car. He's f'ed. All he kept telling his girlfriend while he was laying on the ground bleeding to death was get in the car and drive away or I'll get fired if my company knows I was driving drunk.

I still don't understand how my front wheels are out of align. Speed limit on that road is 55 so he hit me pretty good. This happened at 130am. The pic is from 6 am as I had to wait for the tow guy. The police told the other guy he was good to go if his car was drivable as it was only leaking coolant.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it looks like you spun it out and crashed it not a impact from another car ..ADMIT it you couldnt handle the power

Come on now...is that really necessary? You are asking him to admit to something...do YOU know something that you are not sharing or are you simply speculating? :nono:

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come on now...is that really necessary? You are asking him to admit to something...do YOU know something that you are not sharing or are you simply speculating? :nono:

well look at the pic of the car look how rear tire is hit harder then qtr pannel also if you noticed it was parked on the shoulder he says well the shoulder to me is on the rt side of the road and car was also hit on the rt quarter hhhmmm did the guy that hit him come from the woods lol lol

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well look at the pic of the car look how rear tire is hit harder then qtr pannel also if you noticed it was parked on the shoulder he says well the shoulder to me is on the rt side of the road and car was also hit on the rt quarter hhhmmm did the guy that hit him come from the woods lol lol

Too funny ! I'd say from the angle that the car is sitting on the road and the damage shown; his car was obviously hit by two cars; not one, and the second one came from behind the fence on the grassy knoll to the right.

SquadX: I feel for your loss; and damn, you are one lucky guy that you weren't standing on that side of the car !

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too funny ! I'd say from the angle that the car is sitting on the road and the damage shown; his car was obviously hit by two cars; not one, and the second one came from behind the fence on the grassy knoll to the right.

SquadX: I feel for your loss; and damn, you are one lucky guy that you weren't standing on that side of the car !

or not 2 cars but a loss of control causing a spin out further back on the gard rail few times either way im just glad know one was hurt!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of an argument I once had with a state trooper over damage to my DD. I got hit in the rear quarter panel on my DD several years ago when some ass hat was weaving in and out of traffic on the highway. Long story short, the driver drove off and I called it in. When the trooper looked at my quarter panel he said there's no way that someone hit me, I hit them! :omg: We spent about an hour or so in a parking lot arguing about this. He tried to explain to me how the scrape marks I had could only have been made a certain way and that in his 20 years of investigating accidents he's never been wrong. He even threatened to haul me off for lying about the accident, etc. I told him he could do whatever he wants but it doesn't change the fact that I was hit and as far as him never being wrong there's a first time for everything. WELL...later that day they found the car that hit me and the driver admitted he swiped me. It must've pained the trooper dearly to sign that accident report showing that he was wrong after all. I never heard from that state trooper ever again. :D Don't judge a book, or quarter panel, by it's cover.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reminds me of an argument I once had with a state trooper over damage to my DD. I got hit in the rear quarter panel on my DD several years ago when some ass hat was weaving in and out of traffic on the highway. Long story short, the driver drove off and I called it in. When the trooper looked at my quarter panel he said there's no way that someone hit me, I hit them! :omg: We spent about an hour or so in a parking lot arguing about this. He tried to explain to me how the scrape marks I had could only have been made a certain way and that in his 20 years of investigating accidents he's never been wrong. He even threatened to haul me off for lying about the accident, etc. I told him he could do whatever he wants but it doesn't change the fact that I was hit and as far as him never being wrong there's a first time for everything. WELL...later that day they found the car that hit me and the driver admitted he swiped me. It must've pained the trooper dearly to sign that accident report showing that he was wrong after all. I never heard from that state trooper ever again. :D Don't judge a book, or quarter panel, by it's cover.

tony that trooper was my dad and i would like to see a copy of that report were the idiot driver comes back to take the blame :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:that happens every day lmao tony you know i luv ya bud!!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tony that trooper was my dad and i would like to see a copy of that report were the idiot driver comes back to take the blame :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:that happens every day lmao tony you know i luv ya bud!!!!

Tell your dad he needs a new profession. :D Are you going to NJ Motorsports track day on 8/13?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after having the car for only a month, its wrecked. I was driving home sat night, and the guy in front of me was all over the road, I decided not to pass him in fear of getting hit. So over a mile later he goes head first into the guard rail. I pull over as does two others on the shoulder, then after about an 45 mins waiting for the police to arrive as this guy was bleeding everywhere, I walk back to my car to get something from the glove box and boom, hit right in the rear quarter panel. In additional to the pic, the hood is slightly off, front bumper is scratched. one front wheel is pointing straight and the other is turned out some. Im going through the other guys insurance (state farm) and I hope they total it as much as I liked this car it will never be the same.
As some of you may know, on March 29th someone hit my 01 bumble bee (total).

Twice in a year? Wreck one more and you get one free! :smirk:

Geez... sorry to hear, but glad you're ok. I'd say get a brighter color for your next one.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I m glad you think I am lying about my car being wrecked. What do I have to gain by lying about a wreck. My car was on route 50 in maryland in PG county. There is a should on the right side of the two lane road and a shoulder on the left which which splits the east bound lane from the west bound lane. As stated my car was sitting on the shoulder, I got back in the car to get something, I see head lights and hear tires and boom, im get hit in the rear. Car gets pushed into the guardrail from impact. Guy claims someone cut him off and as he tried to avoid, he hit me. I have two witnesses. The guy admitted to hitting me.
I have nothing to gain from presenting it here, nothing. Only reason I mentioned it was that, as some know, my bumble bee was wrecked when a females merged into me on the highway. Hope it makes you feel better to think I am lying. I ll post a pic of the road if you like. The pics I took with my phone are dark and you cant make anything about but my lights blinking. I even kept the guys license plate cause he left it and ill be more then happy to share that with you.
Ill post a larger pic of the rear quarter panel for you. Its shredded.

As we waited for the police, I cant even count the amount of cars that almost ran into the car I had pulled over for. Remember, this was late at night, 2 miles outside of Washington DC, Bars, party, drinking...you get the picture. We even said out loud, watch someone hit us (jokingly). Oh well his insurance is handling it, I just hope they are fair.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twice in a year? Wreck one more and you get one free! :smirk:

Geez... sorry to hear, but glad you're ok. I'd say get a brighter color for your next one.

The first one hit was a bumble bee. lol pretty bright.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first one hit was a bumble bee. lol pretty bright.

Well yeah, but don't know how you wrecked the bumblebee. I suppose the darker color may have been harder for a near blind idiot to not see your car and hit it while parked. Either way, glad you weren't in the car when it got hit.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I m glad you think I am lying about my car being wrecked. What do I have to gain by lying about a wreck. My car was on route 50 in maryland in PG county. There is a should on the right side of the two lane road and a shoulder on the left which which splits the east bound lane from the west bound lane. As stated my car was sitting on the shoulder, I got back in the car to get something, I see head lights and hear tires and boom, im get hit in the rear. Car gets pushed into the guardrail from impact. Guy claims someone cut him off and as he tried to avoid, he hit me. I have two witnesses. The guy admitted to hitting me.
I have nothing to gain from presenting it here, nothing. Only reason I mentioned it was that, as some know, my bumble bee was wrecked when a females merged into me on the highway. Hope it makes you feel better to think I am lying. I ll post a pic of the road if you like. The pics I took with my phone are dark and you cant make anything about but my lights blinking. I even kept the guys license plate cause he left it and ill be more then happy to share that with you.
Ill post a larger pic of the rear quarter panel for you. Its shredded.

As we waited for the police, I cant even count the amount of cars that almost ran into the car I had pulled over for. Remember, this was late at night, 2 miles outside of Washington DC, Bars, party, drinking...you get the picture. We even said out loud, watch someone hit us (jokingly). Oh well his insurance is handling it, I just hope they are fair.

hey LOSEN THE BONE WILMA !!! im just glad your ok

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same here, as 15 more seconds I was about to step back out my car and walk back to check on the guy and I would have been pinned against the guard rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang