Magnecor Vs AB Wires

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When it comes down to it-- is one really better than the other in performance? Or is it just color preferece?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive owned both and soon as they are both in your hands, you wil see why i will always have AB's wires on my car

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We hardly use anything but QualityWires anymore. Not that I have anything against the others... but they just arent the same, and the customer can see that immediately.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had AB's wires... for about 6K miles... No problems!

[media]http://loverotts.com/bluwires1.jpg[/media]

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But aside from appearance, one does not perform better than the other...:eater:

You mean has anyone hooked both units up to test machine to get accurate readings? Not that I know of. Has anyone installed one and taken a couple laps.... then installed the other and took a few more to see if there's a difference? Not that I know of.

You would think if there was a significant difference, someone would have noticed by now. IF there was a difference in performance specifically... I'd bet my paycheck it wouldn't be anything worthy of mentioning on either side. What's with the fascination? Are you a Magnacore plant? :smirk:

Or is Magnacore THAT much cheaper? If it is... you'll get what you pay for. You've asked members for their opinion, and they gave it to you. You can support a Viper brother that has better quality wires from initial inspection and preforms just was well as any, and to top it off, he stands by his products like no other. Or... you can do what you want to.

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You mean has anyone hooked both units up to test machine to get accurate readings? Not that I know of. Has anyone installed one and taken a couple laps.... then installed the other and took a few more to see if there's a difference? Not that I know of.

You would think if there was a significant difference, someone would have noticed by now. IF there was a difference in performance specifically... I'd bet my paycheck it wouldn't be anything worthy of mentioning on either side. What's with the fascination? Are you a Magnacore plant? :smirk:

Or is Magnacore THAT much cheaper? If it is... you'll get what you pay for. You've asked members for their opinion, and they gave it to you. You can support a Viper brother that has better quality wires from initial inspection and preforms just was well as any, and to top it off, he stands by his products like no other. Or... you can do what you want to.

guess my fascination as you put it is that I need to purchase a new set of wire b/c my stock wires failed... Was just looking if there was really any performance difference between the two. Im sure he does stand by his product but what if he decides to give up his hobby of making spark plug wires? Then what? Ordered Magnecor wires and spark plugs from Jon B... Great Guy!!:2tu:

Thanks for your input

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guess my fascination as you put it is that I need to purchase a new set of wire b/c my stock wires failed... Was just looking if there was really any performance difference between the two. Im sure he does stand by his product but what if he decides to give up his hobby of making spark plug wires? Then what? Ordered Magnecor wires and spark plugs from Jon B... Great Guy!!:2tu:

Thanks for your input

God bless America. You have choices. Just don't pretend you're here for opinions when you've already made up your mind... without any explanation as to why. Are the savings THAT much if any? Seems odd to me that you know nothing of a guy that everyone speaks highly of and try to trash his business by calling it a "hobby", and suggesting he might fold at any moment.

What's the point of Magnacor being in business forever if they don't stand behind their product today?

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the AB wires fit the stock wire holders on the engine. I want to get a set of red ones. I have an 06.

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
God bless America. You have choices. Just don't pretend you're here for opinions when you've already made up your mind... without any explanation as to why. Are the savings THAT much if any? Seems odd to me that you know nothing of a guy that everyone speaks highly of and try to trash his business by calling it a "hobby", and suggesting he might fold at any moment.

What's the point of Magnacor being in business forever if they don't stand behind their product today?

Seems odd to me why you are accusing me of trashing his business when I am not... I am sure his product and service are great however, from what I heard he's a huge viper enthusiast and does it on the side... Does he not? What's your problem?:crazy2: After talking to Jon B I decided to go with the Magnecor wires plain and simple... is that ok with you? btw: giving up or changing a hobby does not mean he is going to fold:rolleyes:

AB if it is not a hobby or a side gig, I am sorry if i offended you in any way as I did not intend to do so:)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems odd to me why you are accusing me of trashing his business when I am not... I am sure his product and service are great however, from what I heard he's a huge viper enthusiast and does it on the side... Does he not? What's your problem?:crazy2: After talking to Jon B I decided to go with the Magnecor wires plain and simple... is that ok with you? btw: giving up or changing a hobby does not mean he is going to fold:rolleyes:

I'm just going by what you said. You said it was a hobby and speculated you'd be left out to dry if he "changed his hobby." To quote you..."Im sure he does stand by his product but what if he decides to give up his hobby of making spark plug wires? Then what?"

"Change his hobby"...if the hobby is a business... is the same as folding.

Doesn't matter either way. You bought a product you're happy with. Congrats. Hope it doesn't break on you, because Magnacor will screw you.

V

Venomiss

Will the AB wires fit the stock wire holders on the engine. I want to get a set of red ones. I have an 06.

You can send ab a PM here or try below. Adam actually does quite a bit on all kinds of cars and has done illustrated upgrades.

home For your Viper!
1992 Black Lamborghini Diablo
1992 Red Ferrari 512 TR
[email protected]

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a set of quality wires from AB and he threw in a set of plugs for free. Can't beat that.
Thanks AB.

Last edited:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have been using a set of Magnecor wires that I bought form Jon, Parts Rack, and they have over 10,000 mikes on them with zero failures. I believe they are every bit as good as Livewires, or AB's wires when used in the proper application. I believe Magnecor wires are designed to be used as an upgrade to the stock factory OEM wires in a viper that does not have headers. When uses with the spark plug metal factory shields one should have zero issues. If you have headers I would always use AB's wires as they are assembled to handle the extra heat of the header.

One will have to order a set of 13 spark plug wire separators from Dan Lessor, Viper Specialties, as all the above mentioned wires are bigger in diameter than the stock wires. While they can be crammed into the 13 stock separators I would not recommend it. You can see them here at: https://www.viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=73_35&products_id=149&osCsid=d55799a1fde1b3fc45603a3a3f82d6e5

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also have been using a set of Magnecor wires that I bought form Jon, Parts Rack, and they have over 10,000 mikes on them with zero failures. I believe they are every bit as good as Livewires, or AB's wires when used in the proper application. I believe Magnecor wires are designed to be used as an upgrade to the stock factory OEM wires in a viper that does not have headers. When uses with the spark plug metal factory shields one should have zero issues. If you have headers I would always use AB's wires as they are assembled to handle the extra heat of the header.

One will have to order a set of 13 spark plug wire separators from Dan Lessor, Viper Specialties, as all the above mentioned wires are bigger in diameter than the stock wires. While they can be crammed into the 13 stock separators I would not recommend it. You can see them here at: https://www.viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=73_35&products_id=149&osCsid=d55799a1fde1b3fc45603a3a3f82d6e5

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the free Viper pen I got with the purchase of my Magnecor wires, to address the shipping label on the box they were sent back to Magnecor with. After they melted of course.

Moral of story: Save the pen.

BTW, no disrespect to Robbie's comments above on the wire holders, but on my '01 the Magnecor wires did fit the stock holders well.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got AB's wires 2.5 years ago and they've been great. They fit the stock wire looms...I'm not certain why some folks think this is the case. The wires and customer service from AB are top notch. Like Tator, AB knows how to treat his customers. :2tu:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks all for the support! Wow! That's the reason why I give back to the Viper community. I am one of the sponsors for the Bradenton Viper Shootout event coming up and also support friends such as Chuck "The Wizard" Tator with the sales of my wires in his fight with Chrysler. I will back up my wires with no BS attached. I even take it on the chin when the wires are damaged and know it's not my fault because I understand the customer experience is #1 plus your car is your baby. (So far no one has tried to take advantage of me so I have been able to continue to do this). My wires do come with a lifetime warranty against defects.

Will I go out of business? I could just like anyone else, but I do everything in cash so I can sleep at night. ;) So far I invest all monies back into the company either by sponsorships or helping others. I am doing this to demonstrate that I value the loyalty of the Viper community. What movie was it that they said "Build it and they will come"? So I am taking that approach.

As far as other wires, yes there are many choices out there and only customers can testify on my products. I am sure other wires are nice and so on, but I personally think I take more of a personal approach and pride in what I do. I have business internationally now and the word is spreading on qualitywires.com! I even have people who disliked me come back and say great things about my wires.

But like I said before, it's your car and you pick what you think is best for it and hopefully I can earn your future and repeat business! Thanks again all for the support! We are growing and looking to do more with the future support!

By the way, I would say that most of the most visible Viper tuners use my wires and come back for more.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's some pictures. Also do a search..many threads on my wires also.

You must be registered for see images

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to AB's website, he only makes them for Gen I/II. His message about a temporary website gives us Gen III's hope.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire