Maguire's NXT

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleaned with Maguire's Scratch X, Waxed with NXT, Finished with Zaino's Grand Finale

P4240007.jpg

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car looks great! Cortland NY, my old stomping grounds. Originally from Endicott, NY. We call Charlotte, NC home now. Now get out and drive that beast, you only have about 4 months until it snows again! HA HA! Nice Nice Car!

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Did you use a clay bar, too? Just curious... What does the Scratch X do?

OP
OP
D

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar488. I apply it by hand instead of using a clay bar. It takes care of all the small scratches and preps the surface for wax. NXT makes it shine and Grand Finale seals it in.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar488. I apply it by hand instead of using a clay bar. It takes care of all the small scratches and preps the surface for wax. NXT makes it shine and Grand Finale seals it in.

ScratchX is not a replacement for claying as they both take care of different things. ScratchX is actually supposed to remove fine scratches but is super mild and mostly hides them with oils. Claying is supposed to pull embedded contaminants from your paint such as rail dust and brake pad dust etc. You can polish your car until the cows come home and if you have embedded contaminants it will not remove them, only clay will. To determine if you still need to do a clay treatment do the baggies test.

Baggie Test
Put you hand in a sandwich bag and lightly rub it across the clean surface of your paint. The baggie will magnify any grit that is embedded in your paint and allow you to feel it better. If your paint feels as smooth as a babies bottom then you can skip the claying and move right on to polishing.

I also recommend 3M 39009 Scratch and Swirl Remover as it is a little more aggressive than ScratchX and will do a better job at removing swirls but yet is still mild enough that a novist can polish his car and not worry about causing irreversible damage.

Pretty car. :cool: :2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great..Job well done..
Maguire's user here as well....
I use
00 Shampoo
07 Show car glaze
21 sealer
16 wax
Great combo.....

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like their products as well, but to be honest, I really do not like the NXT products. Frankly, I find them cheaper formulas of what works well.

I have tried the NXT car wash vs. the Gold class car wash. The Gold is much better and is not watered down like the NXT. Just my opinion. On dark cars I find the difference most prominent.

After the wash, I use their Paint Cleaner, the Polish and then the Carnuba wax. Works wonders for me.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered a ton of Zaino stuff... [kidding] I guess I should dump it all out and use NXT [/kidding]:dance:

Deal Maker, your car looks great!

Just a few notes though: NXT lacks durability and now in full blown POLLEN season, you will notice how wonderfully NXT attracks/collects pollen spores. It provides a wonderful shine and deep penetrating color, but as a paint protectant, NXT does not perform well unless applied every few weeks using 2-3 coats per cycle. Just my .02.

I personally would rather spend 3-4 hours every 4 months doing a major Zaino detail, than apply NXT every 2 weeks. There are many other products I've used that work well, but I have yet to find something that provides the long lasting protection of Zaino. Not trying to start a Zaino debate, but I really don't like NXT for anything but a quick wax on a friends car for a night of cruising.

I've never seen 1Z products mentioned here, but I have to say they are fantastic. The wax goes on like water (read super easy to apply), wipes off easily, requires little to no prep work and is MUCH more durable than NXT.

http://www.1z-usa.com/

:leave:

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered a ton of Zaino stuff... [kidding] I guess I should dump it all out and use NXT [/kidding]:dance:

Deal Maker, your car looks great!

Just a few notes though: NXT lacks durability and now in full blown POLLEN season, you will notice how wonderfully NXT attracks/collects pollen spores. It provides a wonderful shine and deep penetrating color, but as a paint protectant, NXT does not perform well unless applied every few weeks using 2-3 coats per cycle. Just my .02.

I personally would rather spend 3-4 hours every 4 months doing a major Zaino detail, than apply NXT every 2 weeks. There are many other products I've used that work well, but I have yet to find something that provides the long lasting protection of Zaino. Not trying to start a Zaino debate, but I really don't like NXT for anything but a quick wax on a friends car for a night of cruising.

I've never seen 1Z products mentioned here, but I have to say they are fantastic. The wax goes on like water (read super easy to apply), wipes off easily, requires little to no prep work and is MUCH more durable than NXT.

http://www.1z-usa.com/

:leave:

:2tu:

It is a hobby of mine trying different car care products and I have not found anything that comes close to the Zaino line. Have you tried their new product Clear Seal? It is a wipe on and walk away sealant. No rubbing or buffing just let it dry and you are done. It looks like water. Pretty amazing stuff. :cool:

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After a full detail with Meguiar's products (other than a Mother's clay bar), I really like how it goes on (I use the NXT paste) and looks amazing (even my die-hard Zaino friend said it looked good) but it attracts a lot of dust. I don't mind re-applying every couple of months but the dust is a bit of an issue. Does anyone else find this to be the case too?

Santo

OP
OP
D

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a full detail with Meguiar's products (other than a Mother's clay bar), I really like how it goes on (I use the NXT paste) and looks amazing (even my die-hard Zaino friend said it looked good) but it attracts a lot of dust. I don't mind re-applying every couple of months but the dust is a bit of an issue. Does anyone else find this to be the case too?

Santo

As I mentioned in my post, I seal the NXT with Zaino Grand Finale. TaDah....no dust

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all it's "Meguiars".

Secondly, nice detail job..looks great.

Not to start a battle...but...when NXT was first released, I tried it, and posted my results.

I should mention that when this product was first released it was highly touted as a non silicone sealant with no cleaners. Back then, I looked at the MSDS and found that NXT contained between 2 and 10% silicone. This is likely why it attracts dust. Silicones are also a way to make shine....albeit short lived.

I found Meguiars Cleaner Wax to do a better job than the liquid NXT. I also found NXT to pull paint of the surface of the single stage paint that I applied it to (I also tried it on clearcoated as well.) as I found color on the applicator. Obviously NXT has cleaning abilities.

I know it's not a Viper pic, but here's one of my Excursion with Z2 Pro. Factory Ford paint.

For what it's worth, you really cannot "seal" NXT with Z8 very well. The oils in NXT will not allow good adherence.

A great new product is Zaino's AIO. It's a one step that works great, if you do not want to go through multiple steps.

OP
OP
D

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all it's "Meguiars".

Secondly, nice detail job..looks great.

Not to start a battle...but...when NXT was first released, I tried it, and posted my results.

I should mention that when this product was first released it was highly touted as a non silicone sealant with no cleaners. Back then, I looked at the MSDS and found that NXT contained between 2 and 10% silicone. This is likely why it attracts dust. Silicones are also a way to make shine....albeit short lived.

I found Meguiars Cleaner Wax to do a better job than the liquid NXT. I also found NXT to pull paint of the surface of the single stage paint that I applied it to (I also tried it on clearcoated as well.) as I found color on the applicator. Obviously NXT has cleaning abilities.

I know it's not a Viper pic, but here's one of my Excursion with Z2 Pro. Factory Ford paint.

For what it's worth, you really cannot "seal" NXT with Z8 very well. The oils in NXT will not allow good adherence.

A great new product is Zaino's AIO. It's a one step that works great, if you do not want to go through multiple steps.

[/q

uote]
I should have made my subject line" Here's my car, please don't ask me about my wax" BTW, nice truck

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should have made my subject line" Here's my car, please don't ask me about my wax" BTW, nice truck
Anytime there is the word Zaino or NXT in a post you always get an emotional response. :dunno:

Your car does look nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather