Maintenance Manual

Dixie Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a new owner, I have noticed that the Owners Manual that I received with the Viper is basically inadequate except for the most basic items. Is there a detailed Maintenance/Shop Manual available? I also would like to jack the car up just to see what is where on the underside, but I do not even know exactly where to put the jack or jack stands. Thanks! :usa:

slither

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look directly behind the front wheel well openings and about a foot or so in front of the rear wheel well openings underneath the car and you will see "points" (i.e two pieces of short steel plate welded together like a triangle and welded to the frame)to use to jack up the car with. Funny - when I first got mine I had the same question.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there is a factory shop manual available. It's not cheap, but I have found it to be very useful, even for routine stuff.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there is a factory shop manual available. It's not cheap, but I have found it to be very useful, even for routine stuff.

Is the owners manual you are referring too the same as what Steve recommended on "Tech Authority" ? Can't be since $10.00 does not seem very expensive.

Thanks
patrick

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the Service Manuals seem to be available on CD:

https://techauthority.gltghosting.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ItemDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&itemId=21601&langId=-1&searchtype=keyword&skuSearchField=4&skuSearchParam=viper&qty=0

Does anyone have an ISO or a copy of the CD of these manuals that they want to put for us to download???? :D

I want to install a new car alarm I bought yesterday (cuz I don't want to have to deal with the Viper "tax"), and the electrical guides would help big time! They want $599 to install on my car, and my friend had the EXACT same alarm put on his S2000 for $250.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is the owners manual you are referring too the same as what Steve recommended on "Tech Authority" ? Can't be since $10.00 does not seem very expensive.

Thanks
patrick

I can't make the link work, so I don't know. Mine is the 2003 Factory Service Manual for the Viper SRT-10. It's the one that dealers use when they work on your Viper. It's a big, thick paper-bound book. It cost me about $120. Maybe I paid too much.

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't make the link work, so I don't know. Mine is the 2003 Factory Service Manual for the Viper SRT-10. It's the one that dealers use when they work on your Viper. It's a big, thick paper-bound book. It cost me about $120. Maybe I paid too much.

Sounds like the same one. They sell it for $90 on CD or $130 for the paper version.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The link still works...also, you might call Nancy in parts at Woodhouse...1-800-889-1893...most of my manuals (92-05) have come from Nancy...ask about VCA discount...you can't beat the service !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine