Maxcare 7year/50000mile 0 deduc $1510.00

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of talk about the max care warrantys, just got mine for 1510.00 I have a 2006 coupe. PM me if you would like the contact info.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my '06 Coupe new in Feb '07, so I guess that means I have until Feb '10 to make
my decision on extended warranties - Correct? (36K miles won't happen in this time frame)

Honestly, I've been playing with the idea of Heads & Cam, so it may be a waste...:dunno:

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can a maxcare warranty be extended? My 7 yr/70000 miles warranty just expired.

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea what happens with these warranties if GM and Chrysler merge or if the Viper brand is sold to another company?

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unbelievable amount of national complaints about maxcare not honoring the purchased warranty. I was considering them until checking.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good price, think I got mine 2 years ago for ~$100 less (i.e., probably the same, given inflation / price changes).

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well not sure if my brother's Dodge ram went through this same warrenty but they said you have to have every single receipt of all the oil changes done on it because it has a rod knock. So there ya go about fine print how they like to screw ya over. I don't think these warrenty are worthy.

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldnt trust them. I've heard nothing but bad news.

My 7/70000 is about to run out soon, the sad part I only have 822 miles on my ACR.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah with the way that Chrylser is going, I would have to say that I would be very hesitant to pay $2000+ for a extended 3+ year warranty. Who knows where they will be in the near future.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Chrysler contracts it out. I have had better luck with aftermarket warranty companies than with Chrysler warranty division. :(

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the "Added Care" for my Ram and had the rear end explode on me at 48,000 miles and Dodge honored it. $4000.00 to replace the entire rear end. cost me the deductable. I guess it depends on the dealership.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe Chrysler contracts it out. I have had better luck with aftermarket warranty companies than with Chrysler warranty division. :(

Don't understand how or why Chrysler would or could deny a warranty claim unless the claim is suspect under the exclusions section (modifications, abuse, parts that are designed to wear out, etc.). I was denied a warranty claim (bad front shock) by an aftermarket warranty company on my Dakota because shocks aren't covered (an exclusion). The part is listed as a shock when its actually a coil-over shock which is more a strut than a shock.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if the warranty qualifies as a Mopar part or service under the VCA referral bonus thing? I'm thinking that might be the best way to spend the (yet to be seen or verified) $1000 referral bonus from VCA. Hopefully it qualifies!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, one other thing, who guarantees these policies? I was one of the many Warranty Gold customers who got the shaft when that went under. They were supposed to be guaranteed by an AAA+ rated company, but they still ended up going BK and I was left with two useless policies.

Because my cars were modified, I went with a non-manufacturer extended warranty because they let you go to any ASE shop - which removes a big problem of having to get past the dealer sniff test when doing warranty work... Anyhow, it didn't quite end up the way I had hoped, and now I'm leery about any extended warranty company after seeing how the policy can just evaporate overnight.

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of talk about the max care warrantys, just got mine for 1510.00 I have a 2006 coupe. PM me if you would like the contact info.

FYI, hope you don't have or plan on any mods to the car. They can deny your extended warranty based on ANY mods. Dodge denied me a 3yr/36K factory warranty repair based on mods that had nothing to do with warranty repair work (a glove box). Also, they denied repairing my door latch under warranty because the car has mods--a S/C. Though we all know the two repairs/parts are not even closely related, they have that option. So now I have the Max Care warranty and can't use it. I have sent a written complaint to Dodge concerning this matter.

If it sounds unbelievable, it is all true. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the letter I wrote to Dodge which will somewhat explain the situation. They really screwed me and after explaining the situation to Chuck Tator, he also claimed they screwed me.

And if your going to quote the Magnuson Warranty Act, the fine print in your extended warranty contract claims any mods will void the contract. But they probably won't tell you this until you have an expensive repair. Don't waist your money if your going to do ANY mods!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang