Me.. My Viper.. The Devil.. Walmart.. Lowes.. and an F-40?!?!?!?!

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just had a funny story to share.. kinda long but I am stuck in the desert with nothing else to do right now…

Ok so I am overseas right now you know that….but my last day in the states was pretty funny...

My last day in Kansas before I deployed my wife looks at me and says "I know your dying to take that piece of crap car out one last time". Now she calls my 97 GTS a "piece of crap", not because it is.. (it's mint)... yet because it's loud... rough.. no cup holders... no seat heaters.. and by basically buying it, I have cut into to her monthly shopping fund :( By the way I bought her boobs so I could get the car…. She still is not happy… and yes I call them the “piece of crap boobs”… also known as “our new fence is in your chest”… anyway…

Now it's very clear that she hates this car and all it represents... She has only been in it one other time.. Whole other story entirely..

So the Angel of Darkness explains how she needs to run to Wal-Mart and Lowe’s to get a few "little" things before I leave. Since the Mother-In-Law (A.K.A. the great evil) was present I knew this meant we could take the "piece of crap car” since we were minus two cute little sex-trophies. How joyous of a day… 80 degrees out… Sunny… Fresh coat of Zaino.. And then there’s my wife. ********** at the world because she can’t hear her Kelly Clarkson CD over the Corsa’s. (yes a Kelly Clarkson CD actually plays in a viper CD player.. but don’t try it..). Of course the first corner I get to I sling it out sideways in second gear actually forgetting for a second that the enemy is in the car. The enemy did not find this amusing at all. But it did make the enemy put on her seatbelt.

OK so after my ears stopping ringing from the shrieks of Satan’s little helper I now could focus on finding a parking spot in the great mecca known as Wal-Mart. Not!!! I dropped her off at the door and parked in the fire lane as usual. Not two minutes into sitting there of course Joe-Bob the rent a cop comes up… “yeah..yeah.. I’m moving” I exclaimed… But to my surprise he just wanted to see the engine.. “OK” I said…. Not knowing that I was starting a one man car show in trailer trash heaven. Of course people started appearing out of nowhere… and I got the usual questions… how fast?.. how much?.. are those speakers on the hood? “yes yes of course they are”. So after the Wal-Mart dea concourse broke up one rather attractive lady hung around… Hmmmmmmm.

Woman : Are you married?
Me : Yes (damn integrity!)
Woman : Is it stable?.. your marriage I mean?
Me : Ummmm Yeah
Woman : Why did you have to think about it?
Me : Well cause my wife is standing behind you
Woman : Blushed and walked back to her Plymouth Voyager full of kids

Beelzebub was not pleased with this exchange of words… But she felt flattered that HER husband was the one sitting in the Lamborghini in the parking lot. No kidding there were people in the store talking about me and she overheard them. We got a laugh and now off to Lowes… Wal-Mart purchase??? A pound of hamburger… Ok that will fit in a viper.

Ahhh Lowes… this is where I like to shop…. After explaining to her that maybe we could get ONE OR TWO potted plants in the back of the GTS…. We ended up with EIGHT!! Oh and I almost forgot… Four 50 lb. bags of potting soil.. DOH!!! So after playing “Dodge Viper Tetris 2.0” I got it all to fit. Lucifer giggled as if to prove a point that we should have brought her PT Cruiser on crack (Purple Durango). “Ok so it fits… lets go…” Insert picture of a viper not only squatting from the weight of the cargo but the hatch wouldn’t close because we might crush the pansies…WE MIGHT CRUSH THE PANSIES.. MY LORD! OK this is ending soon I promise….

BACK STORY : I drive this bad a$$ car to work a couple times a week just praying to come across a ZO6 or something along those lines… my neighbor has a Aston Martin DB-7… I always see him when I’m riding my bike with the two little girls in the kid trailer behind me… Don’t laugh… it’s cool to have a bike with a kid trailer…. I took the orange flag off OK!… But I never see any fast cars in the viper… It’s always some kid wanting to race me in his black primer civic… while his cousin plays Vice City in the passenger seat.. Oh yeah and he always has to look around his tach to see the road… I never see anything “fun” to mess with..

OK here’s the ******… Pulling out of Lowe’s looking like I have lost the rear suspension I catch the first red light.. The Great Evil Jr. is in the passenger seat happy that she got her flowers…potting soil… hamburger meat… Kelly Clarkson is gracing us with her angelic voice… (I wish Kelly would just “Break Away” already)…. “Man this is a long red light” I thought to myself when outta no where… (cue real angels singing) A FRICKIN F-40 PULLS UP RIGHT NEXT TO ME… Not only does this guy see the look in my eye that I would whop up all over him had it not been for the mass amounts of shopping that just happened…. He reved… I reved.. we laughed… El Diablo went into You better not even think about it mode”.. Do I even have to tell you what happened next??

GREEN LIGHT!!! We both launch perfectly… I pull him in first and second… and during the shift to third gear Mephistopheles pulls her body off the seat back long enough to plant her Talons in might right arm. Bye bye Mr. F-40… If you read this I want a rematch..

Here’s what I am thinking… why would that guy race me when you can obviously see all of the pansies and soil in my half open hatch?… Also… why did I race him in the first place?

Why you might ask??

Well a lightly modded and geared Viper launches like a pro-street car with 250 lbs of cargo in the back!!!!

Moral of the story…

Kids are great!
Vipers are fun!
Lowe’s kicks a$$!
Don't ever ever smash the pansies...
F-40’s are faaaast!
Don’t marry the Devil.

Peace! I’m out

Matt

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the fun read. My wife who doesnt understand why I enjoy this forum even got a laugh from it. Unfortunately she wants boobs now too!

joshwars

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it was in the KC metro area, the owner of the F40 posts over on ferrarichat.com. I cant think there is more than 1 F40 in the KC metro, I could be wrong.

Oh yeah, sorry to hear about Satan. Stay safe on your deployment.

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USAF Viper....I have to tell you man. I laughed my A$$ off the whole time I was reading your post. Thank you for bringing me such a great laugh after a looooong day at work. Be safe brother! and don't loose your sense of humor!!

DH
Semper fi

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the funniest thing i have read in a long time.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just explain one thing to me, we spend hours and hours cleaning dirt off our Vipers and you not only buy some but you put it inside as well?! Man! That is dedication! Great story.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Priceless story. I took my wife out for a couple of errands in the Viper. I got to where I could step on it a little on an empty highway access road. She asked me if I always do that and consequantly shortly in the cruise wanted to go back home and use bathroom. (I asked her before we left) She occasionally drives the Viper but only because of the attention it gets and not the speed.

PS. Thankyou for your military service. :usa:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to feel sorry for you but the entire time I kept thinking "he had to buy his wife fake boobs to get a Viper." What a horrible deal :) But thanks for the laughs and stay safe during your deployment :usa: :usa: :2tu:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ha hah, great piece to read!!!

My wife never rides in the Viper if she can avoid it! I have to take out my latest rock and roll cd, and yes, her easy listening stuff plays in the Alpine!

Stay safe out there, and thank you for what you are doing for your country.

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately my wife loves to drive the Viper, but it loyaly serves as a grocery getter when needed. I actually bought the car without telling her about it until after paid for....I don't recommend that....and I have since bought her some new eyesight in trade (LASIK surgery). Overall, I think we both won out! :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks for the great story USAF Viper!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story and you tell it well.

My wifes not demonic but I could see her doing that. Of course if I got the best of the F-40 she'd think that was cool and brag about it a few days later.

Kick ass over there and come home safe.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the support!!! GO FREEDOM!!! :usa:

That F40 had Oklahoma tags and the story takes place in Wichita…

In all seriousness I love my wife dearly… Even though our children cannot play in our glorious backyard because my new fence went… “under the muscle” (boobs)…

“Sorry kids but mommy looks great in a bikini… now go to your room and play because the outside is for the rich people..”

My wife is really not a demon though… she just plays one when I’m around.

Huge thanks to CHUCK TATOR THE VIPER WIZARD for sending me the COOLEST care package ever… but next time send a Roe blower… that would be nice… The Roe stickers look great on our aircraft engines… PICS SOON TO FOLLOW!!

Hey Zen Garage… I will get your wife some boobs if your hook me up with 1000 sqft of race deck flooring… black and white please

Hey Dagger… My sense of humor is the only thing that keeps me insane.. and when your married to pure concentrated evil you have to have one…

Hey Batboy… I only let the Angel of Darkness put the dirt in the viper because the bags were sealed.. ok ok ok… your right… she summoned the demons from the depths of hell to force me… but it was ok when we got home

*DRAG STRIP TIP’S AND TRICKS* four 50 lb bags of soil = 200lb of extra traction

Hey Andrew/USPWR… My wife didn’t even know what a viper was until I brought the “piece of crap” home… she’s a vette girl.. (easy now..) she also said that if it would have been her choice we would have gotten a 2006 VW Bug convertible.. devil woman…

More stories and ramblings are sure to come… If they are not viper related I will start them like this…

“How do you put gas in a 97 GTS?? And oh yeah the other day while I was at Home Depot…… and so on and so on….”

That way the sneaky moderators don’t catch me… :nono:

Any other good stories out there??? I think I have spent the last two weeks reading every post on this forum.. great stuff!!!!

p.s. I know for a fact that each and everyone of you that read the story above was singing the Kelly Clarkson song in your head to get to the “Break Away” part.. please please don’t lie to yourself.. :bonker:

Thanks again and more to come!!!

Matt

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice read I had a flashback I thought of Hemotox...or whatever her name was. U guys know who I am referring too right???

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happened to hemotox? aka alice adams. If I recall she stopped posting here when she opened her own blog which has since disappeared.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Now it's very clear that she hates this car and all it represents...

So the Angel of Darkness ...

Don’t marry the Devil.

Matt,
Sounds like you and I are in the same exact situation - except you're in the desert now - be safe!

Here's my favorite pic to describe my wife:

5122OregonLi-med.jpg

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Great story! Felt like i was right there living it out. Thanks for the laughs. :D But the way, you can thank the potting soil and pansies for the great launch. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again guys and more to come!!!

man!! What’s with all the Air Force bashing?!?!?

For you non-military types here is why they are all giving me a hard time :

Lets say we go to war ( I know we already are silly..)

Lets say they send all five branches of the military to foreign coast somewhere.... here's how it goes..

Coast Guard : Flies around in their big scary orange helicopters all day.. sleeps on the
Navy’s boat anchored up just off shore…

Navy : Thinks their cool cause they made the movie “Top Gun”… Sleep on their ship
anchored up just off shore…

Marines : These guys are nutz and kill anything that moves… but the also sleep on the
beach in tents with a good view of their Navy brethren just off shore

Army : Just as crazy as the Marines but lower maintenance… They sleep in prefab tents
in the parking lot of some big hotel…

Air Force : (Me) ********** that the mini bar in my fully furnished penthouse suite does
not have gold label Johnny Walker! And I am not drinking Dewars again
damn it! Yeah I can see the Army in the parking lot from up here.. Lets go
get some water balloons!!!

Thanks to all for the support and I love all the branches of the military you bunch of haters!

Matt

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO hate from me brother. I get gas from you on a regular basis. Now........when you bring that damn Iron Maiden, THEN I hate you. But otherwise, NKAWTG, right? Stay safe and see you in the air (yes, I am currently in the AOR like you).

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the best story ever. Thanks.

From an ex-Army helicopter crew-chief, thanks for your service, stay safe, and when you get home, enjoy your wife, the pansies and the car. God Bless. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude