Mesh hood vent screws

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have taken these things off three or four times no problem I have now dropped two screws in a row inside the hood (guess I am screwless?) Anyone have any luck getting them out with say a magnet?

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen those magnetic wands. You could try using a yardstick or dowel with tape, doulble side or rolled over with glue side out to pick them out.

V

Venomiss

Magnet-we have the one that extends and looks like an antenna somewhere.
Is that why you didn't join us yesterday?:)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most Vipers have a screw or 2 inside the hood. I have one myself. At speed, the extra weight actually helps keeps the front of the car lower, so I haven't messed with trying to get it out :D

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost at least 4 in my hood, don't think they're still there, couldn't figure out a way to get them out other than some hard acceleration. Tried tapeing screws to magnetic driver when installing with mixed results. Be sure and cement weatherstriping to mesh grill before installing so that it doesn't "roll out" of the grill. Good luck.

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Chads right the car seems to handle better if my ocd didnt kick in so bad I would live with it,maybe I should sell it and buy a Sapphire ACR to fix the problem or........................... an 08 ACR!!!!!!!!!!!!!I dont think the missus or my budget will buy that excuse.
No Mary I was cutting grass or maybe bailing grass is a better description,I should have met up with you all,it would have been a better day!!!