Michelin Pilot Super Sport installation / Monser Bros.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got my Michelin Pilot Super Sports this week from Viper Parts of America for my 2008 Viper ACR. My local Dodge dealer sent me to Monser Bros. Tire Sales Inc. in Oneonta, NY (Central New York State) for installation as they had the high-tech tire changing equipment to handle these huge tires. The whole experience was first-class and the price was reasonable. The gentleman I worked with was Lew Barney and his two sons apparently do the high-end exotics like Vipers, Corvettes, Porsche's, etc. Their phone # is 607-432-4060. The new SS tires have made this a different car. It rides better and it doesn't track in the road ruts or pavement variations...a complete pleasure to drive. Highly recommended tires to be sure. If you are in the CNY area and need tires for Vipers, this is the place to have them installed. This is not to slight any other provider in the area that I may not know about...it is just to recognize a very good business to work with. Completely satisfied.

Mike:)

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monser Bros. are the last people I would let work on

my Viper. My history with them includes 2 botched alinments

airconditioner problems and they totaly messed up a service on

my 3500 Ram. Mike I am glad you got out alive.

Skeeter

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since when Corvette is considered a high end car? LOL

I just got my Michelin Pilot Super Sports this week from Viper Parts of America for my 2008 Viper ACR. My local Dodge dealer sent me to Monser Bros. Tire Sales Inc. in Oneonta, NY (Central New York State) for installation as they had the high-tech tire changing equipment to handle these huge tires. The whole experience was first-class and the price was reasonable. The gentleman I worked with was Lew Barney and his two sons apparently do the high-end exotics like Vipers, Corvettes, Porsche's, etc. Their phone # is 607-432-4060. The new SS tires have made this a different car. It rides better and it doesn't track in the road ruts or pavement variations...a complete pleasure to drive. Highly recommended tires to be sure. If you are in the CNY area and need tires for Vipers, this is the place to have them installed. This is not to slight any other provider in the area that I may not know about...it is just to recognize a very good business to work with. Completely satisfied.

Mike:)

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Monser Bros. are the last people I would let work on

my Viper. My history with them includes 2 botched alinments

airconditioner problems and they totaly messed up a service on

my 3500 Ram. Mike I am glad you got out alive.

Skeeter

Skeeter...Whenever you post something, you never know what you're going to see. I am surprised to hear this. In fact, Lew even mentioned your name and told of when you were in one time and gave someone a ride in your Viper...it may have been one of his sons or grandsons...I don't recall. Sorry you had this difficulty. As I said, my experience was as I indicated. Perhaps I was just lucky?? I can only go by my one visit there today. By the way, I understand there is a possibility that the NY/CT club may do a cruise up to the Northeast Classic Car Museum here in Norwich next summer? I hope that will come to fruition. You really have to see our newly expanded facilities. We have almost 85,000 sq. ft. in five buildings with about 150 + vehicles, etc. to view. Glad to hear from you...hope things are going well with Orange County Choppers. Take care, Mike

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
since when Corvette is considered a high end car? LOL

ZR1, 500+ HP on several models, $130k+ price tags, competitive on street, strip, road courses, extensive use of lightweight composites, spanking Ferrari, Lotus, BMW, Dodge, and Porsche in ALMS. Z06 and ZR1 are competitive with every (other) exotic on the market. I see way more Vipers around town than I do ZR1s.

All of the above are arguable, except for the ZR1 ... with a $130k price tag, 638HP, 10.6 time at the drag strip, etc etc, it definitely qualifies as a supercar and an exotic in my book.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZR1, 500+ HP on several models, $130k+ price tags, competitive on street, strip, road courses, extensive use of lightweight composites, spanking Ferrari, Lotus, BMW, Dodge, and Porsche in ALMS. Z06 and ZR1 are competitive with every (other) exotic on the market. I see way more Vipers around town than I do ZR1s.

All of the above are arguable, except for the ZR1 ... with a $130k price tag, 638HP, 10.6 time at the drag strip, etc etc, it definitely qualifies as a supercar and an exotic in my book.

Definitely a rare and super performing model but the Corvette is not exotic when they make 40,000 a year and you can barely tell the ZR1 from the base model.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two words: lack of exclusivity, hight performance car for sure, super car-never. I drive them too, way too comfortable to be considered a supercar, LOL. I switched to Viper from Z06 and still use a base C6 as a daily driver, I can assure you none of the vettes can be compared to last gen Viper.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead on, very well put.
Definitely a rare and super performing model but the Corvette is not exotic when they make 40,000 a year and you can barely tell the ZR1 from the base model.

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Mike what size did you go with for the fronts?

Hey bushido...as you know, the ACR came with 295/30 Cups on the front. Michelin didn't have that size available in the new Pilot Super Sports and indicated they wouldn't have in the near future. A little research indicated that many ACR guys used the 285/35 as a replacement for the OEM size. VPA sent me a graphic tire comparison between the two sizes and there was less than 1/2" difference in width and of course slightly taller. Now that the new SS are installed, there is no visible difference to my eye but the SS tires have totally changed my ACR...they are terrific tires. I don't track the car so cannot speak to that issue. I hope this helps. Mike

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't comment on the installer but I can agree that the tires are awesome. Big difference over the aging OEM PS2s that I had on the car. Much better ride and less bumpy.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey bushido...as you know, the ACR came with 295/30 Cups on the front. Michelin didn't have that size available in the new Pilot Super Sports and indicated they wouldn't have in the near future. A little research indicated that many ACR guys used the 285/35 as a replacement for the OEM size. VPA sent me a graphic tire comparison between the two sizes and there was less than 1/2" difference in width and of course slightly taller. Now that the new SS are installed, there is no visible difference to my eye but the SS tires have totally changed my ACR...they are terrific tires. I don't track the car so cannot speak to that issue. I hope this helps. Mike

Hey Mike really appreciate the info. Thank's man..