Might trade 09 Vette on 97 GTS. Opinion...

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the bank last weekend and a guy with a 2010 vette was parked next to my 97 RT/10. He waited until I came out of the bank to see who owned the Viper. He said he was torn between buying a Viper and a Vette but didnt think he could afford a Viper. He chose the vette obviously but had no Idea my Viper was 13 years old. I let him sit in it and drool.. He had only owned his Vette for two months when I told him that he was drooling over a 13 year old car and that he could have purchased this Viper for less than his new vette. By the time we left the parking lot he had decided to sell the vette and look for a Viper. If he offered to trade me straight across I would have said no. I have only had my Viper for two months and I have had more than 1 vette admirer. The girls at the bank actually came out to see the viper and totally ignored the vette.. I think that was the straw the broke the camels back in making his decision..

If you like driving a car that has raw power with no ammenities and that gets an ungodly amount of attention then get the Viper. If you want a car thats easy to drive that looks great and has a great ride (Compared to the Viper) then stay with the Vette. I to was torn between buying a new vette or Viper and test drove both... Spent 30 minutes test driving the viper and not only experienced the power and performance of the car but the enormous attention that came along with just driving the damn thing.. Its a high that never goes away. Can't explain it until you experience it. BUY THE VIPER..

The attention really isnt something important to me. I dont need to show off. And Ive had cars with WAY more power than a Viper, so its really just about having something different. I dont hold on to cars real long.

Here is the car I got rid of to get the vette.

Streetfire's best burnout. Gonedragracing.com - Car Videos on StreetFire

1 BAD STREET TURBO STANG - Car Videos on StreetFire

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it makes no sense to get rid of a car with more value for a car with less value and pay more money. No matter what it looks like.

Im takeing it that you didnt watch the vid..this time next year a 97 GTS will be worth 35K..your vette will be worth 30K..
trust me your not actually loosing anything..

the vipers are done after 2010...did you see what happenned to nsx and supra prices when they stopped makeing them...and we are talking about Vipers for crying out loud:usa:

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im takeing it that you didnt watch the vid..this time next year a 97 GTS will be worth 35K..your vette will be worth 30K..
trust me your not actually loosing anything..

the vipers are done after 2010...did you see what happenned to nsx and supra prices when they stopped makeing them...and we are talking about Vipers for crying out loud:usa:

I watched the video, and? I like anything that looks good and goes fast. If i own a viper i dont hate vettes. If i own a vette I dont hate vipers. :rolleyes:

vpr4track

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a '96 Viper and an '07 Vette.
I would trade my Vette for a Gen 4 Viper but not an older one. Get the newest one you can afford.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look like this one isnt going to happen. My payment is going to go up $100+ a month which still boggles my mind...lol. I owe 25,000 on my car which they valued at 36,500 which is 11,500 in equity. So with a price of 36,000 for the viper I dont get how may payment would be $600 + for 60 months....

Something is not right with your numbers "unless" they are expecting you to pay almost 17% interest.
Borrowing $24,500 ??
Anyway....find another dealer or better financing.
Curious, how old are you ?

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something is not right with your numbers "unless" they are expecting you to pay almost 17% interest.
Borrowing $24,500 ??
Anyway....find another dealer or better financing.
Curious, how old are you ?

I completely agree. These were just rough numbers he gave me. I am 30 years old with excellent credit.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. I Am 30 Years Old With Excellent Credit..go Back To The Vette Forums...come Back When Your Ready To Get The Real Deal

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. I Am 30 Years Old With Excellent Credit..go Back To The Vette Forums...come Back When Your Ready To Get The Real Deal

:lmao: Your a joke, Mr. I Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word....

Don't get your ******* in a bunch because I like other cars besides the Viper.

This one didn't work out. No point in trading in my car for 36.5. I will get one when the deal is right. Im not comfortable paying more money for a car that is worth less than my current car.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EVERYBODY has excellent credit in a totally debt bubble driven economy. Take out the loan you can't afford and be a patriotic SHEEPLE American.:usa::2tu:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thats lame. The vette is the "real deal." You don't know the OP or his situation, but don't assume because he didn't get this viper that he cannot afford it. These cars now are NOT a rich person's car. I have one, and I am not rich. I am completely dependent on my and my wife's income. New camaros are 35k, Challengers are about 40k and Shelby's are 50-60k. A gen 2 GTS is about 35k. It's accessible to many more people in this economy.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idont care how much he makes...he turned away from the real deal Holyfield Viper because of 100$..

If you arent ready then why even post here..And the im 30 with excellent credit thing just showed insecurities...

You know you want the viper..So why get mad at me..be mad at your self for letting a leasily 100$ bucks stand in your wayy..

I was in the same situation...I had a brand new 2004 vette and I tradeded it in on a 1999 Viper..

But I waited 2 years to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every month that vette depreciated...I bought it at 51..i drove it off the lot and it was worth 42..6 months later it was worth 39..A year later it was worth 33.

All this time I wanted a viper but thought..NAAA..My vette is worth 35-40 and a 96 to 99 Viper with the forged engine is only worth that price as well..

So i waited...

by the time I made my move in 2006 my 2004 vette was worth like 28K..

And the 99 viper was still worth 40..

I waited to long over somthing stupid not realizing how much money that vette was gonna lose me..

think about it..if you can buy a brand new 2010 Z06 for 65K..then what do you really think a 2009 base vette is worth??????????

6-12 months from now you will be lucky to get 30K for it. im not makeing this crap up..thats how bad they depreciate. especially with the wide body base vettes setting the new standard of what they will look like (Z06 and Zr1 cheaper clones) your 2009 will seem like a Dinosaur in vette models very soon...

8 months from now when your vette is worth 30k you will be wishing you would have bought that GTS that will be the same price as you buy it today or much much much much more than likely raise in value once the official word is dropped that they no longer make them.

besides all that..I dont care if your vette or mustang or eveo or porshe ect is 1000 HP...You have not experianced what it feels like to roll around in a viper..most people here that own a lambo or ferrari as well as a viper say the attention is about the same....thats telling you somthing

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idont care how much he makes...he turned away from the real deal Holyfield Viper because of 100$..

If you arent ready then why even post here..And the im 30 with excellent credit thing just showed insecurities...

You know you want the viper..So why get mad at me..be mad at your self for letting a leasily 100$ bucks stand in your wayy..

I was in the same situation...I had a brand new 2004 vette and I tradeded it in on a 1999 Viper..

But I waited 2 years to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every month that vette depreciated...I bought it at 51..i drove it off the lot and it was worth 42..6 months later it was worth 39..A year later it was worth 33.

All this time I wanted a viper but thought..NAAA..My vette is worth 35-40 and a 96 to 99 Viper with the forged engine is only worth that price as well..

So i waited...

by the time I made my move in 2006 my 2004 vette was worth like 28K..

And the 99 viper was still worth 40..

I waited to long over somthing stupid not realizing how much money that vette was gonna lose me..

think about it..if you can buy a brand new 2010 Z06 for 65K..then what do you really think a 2009 base vette is worth??????????

6-12 months from now you will be lucky to get 30K for it. im not makeing this crap up..thats how bad they depreciate. especially with the wide body base vettes setting the new standard of what they will look like (Z06 and Zr1 cheaper clones) your 2009 will seem like a Dinosaur in vette models very soon...

8 months from now when your vette is worth 30k you will be wishing you would have bought that GTS that will be the same price as you buy it today or much much much much more than likely raise in value once the official word is dropped that they no longer make them.

besides all that..I dont care if your vette or mustang or eveo or porshe ect is 1000 HP...You have not experianced what it feels like to roll around in a viper..most people here that own a lambo or ferrari as well as a viper say the attention is about the same....thats telling you somthing

It was a ****ty deal. What dont you understand. I could easily afford it, thats not the problem. I will buy one when the deal is right. If you are driving around in a Viper because it gets attention then thats sad. I dont care to impress people. I drive a car because "I" like the car, not because other people like it.

You clearly have no common sense if you think this deal is not good over $100 bucks. Its not $100 bucks. Its $6,000 over the course of the loan. Is that Viper worth $6,000 more than my car right now? NO! Its worth less than my car right now. I am in no hurry, I will get one when the right deal presents it self. *** do you care what I drive anyway...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery